Hemp, coconut & nut butter cake

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Hemp, coconut & nut butter cake

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benc 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Ok, so if your in the early stages & want to omit the nut butter I don’t think it would make an awful lot of difference.

150ml of almond milk (you could use 2-3 eggs)
    40g of hemp protein
    30g of coconut flour
    1 x tablespoon of coconut manna
    1 x teaspoon of hazlenut/almond/brazil but butter
    1 x tablespoon of stevia or truvia
    1 x teaspoon of glutamine
    1 x tablespoon of chicory coffee/drink

Blend all the ingredients together then divide into balls. Put in the freezer for half an hour, then take out & ready to go.

They don’t look that great, but they taste amazing.

For a lower fat version omit the nut butter, coconut manna & coconut flour. Then add 50g of buckwheat flower. Then slightly cook these (maybe 8-10m at 200c), so they are still soft in the middle. Let them cool down & they are pretty tasty too.

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

What is coconut manna?

And glutamine? Do you mean L-glutamine? Is it added for nutrition or to make the recipe work?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

UncleOxidant;39530 wrote: What is coconut manna?

And glutamine? Do you mean L-glutamine? Is it added for nutrition or to make the recipe work?

Yes glutamine is L-glutamine. & its added mainly because glutamine helps you absorb you amino acids in digestion & since protein is essential nutrient for growth and repair I think it works well without tasting different. I also add a teaspoon of magnesium if I am eating it later in the day or after exercise.

Google coconut manna, it taste amazing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hemp, coconut & nut butter cake’ is closed to new replies.