Help!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Luke
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 20

Through years of trial and error, I feel that, for the first time, my efforts are paying off. I’m eating cleaner than I ever have, and experiencing very little in terms of cravings for sugar, carbohydrates, etc. When these cravings do occur, they’re usually deflected with ease.

Since January 1st of 2015, my diet has been without dairy, wheat, grains, and refined sugars. My consumption of fruit, while present throughout January, has been discontinued since Feb. 1st. I have otherwise been eating buckwheat for breakfast, a large salad for lunch, and vegetables/lean meat for dinner, to positive effect. Additionally, I have two green smoothies per day – one at lunch and one at dinner – containing green vegetables, garlic, lemon, chlorella (1 TSP), spirulina (1 TSP), and hemp protein powder (8 TBSP). <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Coinciding with this diet are 3 TBSP of coconut oil – one at each meal. For months, even prior to the diet instigated in January, I have also been taking two capsules (500mg each) of hydrochloric acid with each meal, and a pint of water containing probiotics and glutamine upon waking up and before going to bed. </span>

Things have been going very well. I struggle with a severe case of pure-OCD but, since improving my diet, taking probiotics, etc., its symptoms have become MUCH more manageable and their frequency has diminished. Similarly, my bowel movements have been mostly solid and regular, and my complexion has improved. While all of these positives remain and continue, something has troubling has started to occur.

Approximately one week ago, I started to experience stomach aches after eating. At first I thought it might be Herxheimer Reaction, as these pains coincided with the usual fatigue and I’d been taking the aforementioned amount of coconut oil for several days, but concern has now overtaken me. I wonder if the HCL has been damaging the lining of my gut, or I’ve somehow developed an ulcer. I need help on this matter.

Is this typical of a Herxheimer Reaction after all, or could something else have happened/be happening? The stomach pain, while not completely debilitating, is very uncomfortable and lasts for roughly an hour after the consumption of food. Upon lying down, my stomach makes noise and I can feel the spasms through the skin.

I’ll be traveling abroad on March the 4th, and I need to remedy this issue now, assuming it can be. I hope that this is typical of Herx. Any and all insight on this matter will be of great help, and let me know if any additional information is required to enhance that insight.

Thank you for reading.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s hard to say what is causing it but if you have concerns about stomach acid levels, you can do the baking soda test here:

http://candidaplan.com/blog/699/hydrochloric-acid-and-health/

You could also have SIBO or other gut flora problems.

-raster

Luke
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 20

Hi Raster,

I appreciate the response. I don’t believe I have SIBO as I’ve never experienced gastrointestinal distress as I currently am, but other gut flora problems are a possibility. As far as stomach acid levels are concerned, I’m positive it’s an issue, but I will look into the baking soda test nonetheless.

I have a theory, actually. I just ate lunch and, as of yet, my state of my stomach has not worsened in terms of pain. I didn’t have my green smoothie today, which I believe could be the issue; specifically, I think I’m eating too much protein. Perhaps 8 TBSP of hemp protein is too much, and I think I’m constipated as the bulk of my stools does not match the portions of food I’m consuming. I’m going to increase my dosage of vitamin C and drink more water.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.