Help with starting to get rid of candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with starting to get rid of candida

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zepstrider
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I am new to this forum and have been researching about this diet and ways to get rid of candida. I have been having a white tongue for around 6 months now and wake up feeling terrible and tired. I also have congestion alot other symptoms. I have been taking probiotics and vitamin b supplements for a few months now and have recently stopped drinking alcohol.

The problem is that I am joining the military and I leave to go to bootcamp in 3 weeks. I want to try to kill off the candida which to me is one of the strictest diets I have ever heard of not being able to eat any sugar or any carbs. I am thinking about starting to make stir fry with just chicken or beef and some veggies like onions bell peppers and ginger or garlic to eat with brown rice and maybe an omlet on other days. When I get to boot camp I will not be able to follow this strict diet.

I assume this diet will take more then 3 weeks to complete and I dont want to follow this for 3 weeks and go to bootcamp very weak and just relapse back.

Is there anything that I can do? I am looking into taking antifungals also but dont know what the best ones are to take. Im not rich and it seems like this diet and all the products that these candida websites try to sell you are for people that have money. The only other option I could see is to wait until I can see the doctors when I have healthcare

Any help would be appreciated

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Ouch, 3 weeks. Im not sure even enema’s would give you the relief you need before then. Truth is, when you fight a candida infection you’ll lose weight and get weaker in the process. Bootcamp will be a hard thing to do, impossible even when you are coping with die off.

If you are sure you are suffering from candida overgrowth (sounds like it), which is a debilitating condition, you wont get rid of it in time.

So, with above reasoning, it is my opinion that you should not start an anti candida protocol until you are ready for it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Unfortunately it takes many months to get over candida…for some people years. 3 weeks simply won’t be enough time to get over it, but you might be able to improve your symptoms before boot camp.

If you think your candida diet is strict…we have an even stricter forum version that doesn’t allow rice (which contains starch like potatoes).

Probiotics alone won’t cure the infestation.

We developed a good general plan to get better, but it takes many months to heal the body and the gut:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

zepstrider
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you for your responses I am still having alot of trouble defining if I have candida overgrowth when I look at symptoms I dont have alot of them like brain fog or trouble concentrating but I do have a couple. I dont know if I have thrush because I dont have white lesions as it says on your tongue or inside of mouth I only have a while furry tongue that is all over my tongue and usually loses it color as I drink water. But I also find myself having dry mouth and even as I drink water all day long and its the only thing I drink I often still feel like this and always feel thirsty.

I dont know if my problem is dry mouth or allergies either I have nasal congestion alot but as I look over the symptoms page more and more I dont have alot of these symptoms only a few and I dont know how conclusive they can be the more I read up on thrush it seems like i dont have it because it says you can easily scrape off thrush which looks like a cottage cheese like material and it leaves redness or bleeding but my tongue is difficult to scrape and mostly never comes off.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The condition of your tongue often coincides with the condition of your health, so I feel it means that you are unhealthy. A regular doctor’s office can determine if you have thrush, but they likely will prescribe antibiotics which are ineffective for fungal infections.

One way to determine whether you have candida overgrowth or not is to try out the diet, with antifungals, and see if you experience “die off.” If you have die-off, then you likely have candida overgrowth. If you experience no die off but an improvement of your symptoms, you might have only a slight overgrowth or flora imbalance.

Parasites is something else I would recommend checking out because the symptoms of parasites overgrowth is very similar to candida overgrowth.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with starting to get rid of candida’ is closed to new replies.