Help With Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Help With Protocol

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

michmess
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

Unfortunately I discovered this website and forum AFTER I had already started my own treatment – which was based on ignorance and lack of correct information about how to best proceed. So I made some (serious?) mistakes:

1. Didn’t do a cleanse or detox before starting the diet.
    2. Started natural antifungals (SF722 and garlic) at the same time as the diet.
    3. Started probiotics at the same time as the diet (and antifungals)
    4. Started the molybdenum after three days on diet/antifungals/probiotics.

So my question is how to proceed from here? Since I now realize that I did everything all at once instead of following the proper sequence of steps from the protocol, should I just continue the diet, antifungals, and probiotics or do I need to start over from square one and begin with the cleanse and then proceed in the correct order?

I also have a Diflucan prescription that I haven’t started yet – should I include it too?

I’m sure these questions have probably already been addressed, but I’m new and not sure where to look for this information.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Would love to know thoughts on this as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello michmess,

This is actually the way I started things off…with a big kabbam. I did antifungals, probiotics, and the strict diet all at once (actually it wasn’t very strict). Basically, I look at this as the “do it hard” approach where you’ll surely feel the most ill as quickly as possible.

The goal of the protocol is to avoid excessive die-off, unknown allergies, and a more gradual transition into getting healthy. If you want to do it fast, go for it…but we don’t recommend it. You could have more complications, more die-off, and feel more lousy than we intended.

The cleanse is completely optional.

Its up to you whether or not to take diflucan. I have never taken it and don’t want to personally…it can damage your liver which you need for other reasons. I am completely against western medicine even though I do take a sleeping medication due to my chronic insomnia.

The way you proceed from here is to get more vitamins, supplements, etc. and find other ways to relieve the symptoms if they exist. A long term goal for anyone with a candida problem is to heal their various organs and only a naturopathic doctor can do this effectively. You should be mostly healed via the diet and protocol but certain things like liver damage could still exist. You should also do all you can to heal your allergies and leaky gut. The goal of the diet is to reduce the inflammation.

Email able900 for a strict forum foods list.

-raster

michmess

Raster:
    Thanks for the response. I guess I have a tendency to try to do things as quickly and thoroughly as possible, which isn’t always the best approach with Candida. I also suffer with adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, generalized anxiety disorder, and low DHEA, estradiol, estriol, and progesterone hormones (menopause), IBS, leaky gut, and allergies to dairy, eggs, corn, oats, tea, black pepper, etc. So I felt like “crap” before I even started the Candida diet.

I tend to try to do things “perfectly” – which contributes to the anxiety (which stresses the adrenals, which impacts the immune system, which leads to leaky gut, allergies, and candida, etc.). So basically I’m my own worst enemy.

As far as vitamins and various other supplements go, which ones do you recommend as most important? I’ve been making a list of the various different things mentioned as helpful on the forum and I’m running out of paper. I’d like to focus on the more important ones first (since it can get quite expensive) before moving on to the lesser important items. Do you have any advice as to where to start adding things – other than those recommended in the basic protocol?

Thanks for your help.

michmess

Raster:
    Thought I’d add some additional info regarding the supplements I’m already taking or have on order. I take quite a long laundry list of things – over the years I’ve seen a few different doctors for my fatigue issues and have been diagnosed with a variety of things including hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, menopause, generalized anxiety disorder – which can apparently all contribute to fatigue and/or anxiety. So here goes:

Currently taking:
    – Armour Thyroid
    – Iodo-Lite (iodine)
    – Orthomolecular Adren-All
    – Nutri-West DSF Formula (adrenal)
    – Carlson MOLY-B
    – Swedish Bitters
    – Thorne SF722
    – Kyolic Candida Cleanse & Digestion Garlic
    – MegaFood MegaFlora (14-20)
    – Thorne Bacillus Coagulans
    – Culturelle Lactobacillus GG
    – HCL Plus Digestive Support (Betaine HCL, Pepsin, Ox Bile)
    – Liver Antioxidants (Milk thistle, Turmeric and Artichoke)
    – New Chapter Bone Strength
    – Magnesium Citrate
    – Vitamin K
    – Acetyl L-Carnitine
    – Pantothenic Acid B5
    – CoQ10
    – Vitamin B12
    – Vitamin C
    – Vitamin D3
    – Omega 3s
    – Ashwagandha
    – Astaxanthin
    – Alpha Lipoic Acid with NAC
    – Renew Life Cleansemore

On Order:
    – Health Yourself Molybdenum
    – Candidate
    – Organic Nettle Leaf Tea
    – Dr. Miller’s Holy Tea
    – Source Naturals Organic EV Coconut Oil softgels
    – Source Naturals GarliCell
    – Solgar Vitamin A
    – Solgar Vitamin E & yeast free selenium
    – Source Naturals Pantethine
    – MegaFoods Daily Foods Balanced Minerals
    – Nature Made SAM-e

Whew!

Anything else you think I should add or delete from this list?

Thanks again for your help.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

You really do not need to spend so much money on supplements. Most of them will do nothing against candida.

michmess

Chris24 wrote: You really do not need to spend so much money on supplements. Most of them will do nothing against candida.

Most of the supplements I was already taking prior to the Candida – advised for other health issues (hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, osteopenia, etc.). So I’ve just recently added several more new supplements (antifungals, probiotics, molybdenum, candidate, etc.) that I’m hoping will assist with the Candida issue.

And it certainly does get expensive. I wish it were easier to know which ones were doing some good and which ones were just a waste of money. But unfortunately it’s often impossible to tell since I feel no different when I take them or not. However my doctor has advised me that they’re of benefit for my conditions, so I keep taking them. And, since I don’t buy them directly from the doctor, he’s not profiting by the purchase.

I realize that I take a lot of “stuff”, but my doctor claims that since most are water soluble, I’ll normally excrete whatever my body doesn’t utilize. My mother was concerned about how many different things I take, so she asked her family doctor and he said that patients with certain medical conditions will continue to look for anything that might hopefully help them to improve. So I guess I have very expensive urine.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

You might consider a good multi vitamin with zinc and minerals. Many of the supplements you are using would probably be covered in a multi = saving you money and you aren’t getting a lot of the trace minerals your body needs.

Good luck and godspeed.

(excreting what your body doesn’t need is expensive urine, no?)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help With Protocol’ is closed to new replies.