Help with meal planning

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with meal planning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  monkey 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

monkey
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

Hi everybody,
    I’ve been following the candida diet for about 3 weeks now and feeling good. I experienced a lot of die-off, but I seem to be coming back to life this past week.

My problem is that I am about to go treeplanting for 4 months straight (which is a job I’ve done for 10 yrs now) and it’s incredibly physically demanding. 8-10 hour days in every kind of weather, carrying heavy trees around in slashy cut blocks, and it’s piece work.

I am committed to staying on the candida diet while doing so, because I do not want to risk a relapse, but I’m at a bit of a loss as to what food to take to the block to power me through my days. Some ideas I’ve come up with are boiled eggs, an avocado, and coconut bread (which i made for the first time last night, and am worried it’s too dense for this sort of thing). I need easily preparable, portable food that will digest quickly and give me fuel throughout the day. Breakfast and dinners are not a problem, but I’m really struggling to concieve of mid-day. Pre-candida diet, I would take date-nut balls, fresh fruit, coconut water, and sesame snaps (everything sweet!) and trailmix.

Are there any athletes out there making due on this diet? Or anyone with a physically demanding life style? What are your tricks for feeding yourself and maintaining extremely high energy and strength levels?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should try my teff bread on the coconut bread post, it gives you more energy in general…

I would also look at preparing big salads and putting them in tupperware containers for lunch.

Another idea is to make the pumpkin pie muffin bread and bring this around for snacks.

If you can carry some kind of ice pack with you, you could bring greek yogurt as well (just need a bowl and a spoon).

I bet the teff bread would also be good as a sandwich bread, might consider giving it a try.

If you like cold leftovers, you could cook up some chicken or buckwheat and bring it with you.

-raster

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Make sure you put some form of protein in your lunch so cold chicken legs, tinned fish or eggs in a salad. Also take a snack for later on such as sardine pate (recipe found on the main website under recipe ideas in the snack section), chicken goujons (I have put this recipe on the recipe part of the forum under dinner ideas), chicken burgers are some of the things that I make. They can be made in bulk and frozen at the beginning of the week, just get them out the night before you go to work and they will be ready to eat the next day.

Other snacks such as: buckwheat crisp breads (I’ve put the recipe for this under the name chapatis as you can use the same cooking method for making both chapatis and the crisp beads), probiotic yoghurt, grapefruit (this is a test food). Kefir.

There are some really good recipes on the recipe part of the forum, so have a look there to see what suits you.

monkey
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

Raster and CT,

Thankyou so much for your ideas! I hadn’t thought of taking yogurt or meat with me, as I’m pretty new to not being vegan…BUT, I think I could make your suggestions work with a little practice.

And I’ll definitely try the teff bread and buckwheat crips.

Thanks again, this has been very helpful to me 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with meal planning’ is closed to new replies.