Help with low sex drive/libido?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with low sex drive/libido?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GK 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi All,

I have been suffering with candida intestinal overgrowth for 2 years or more. I am single, male, 39 years. The overgrowth probably started in late 2011 when I had bad constipation and I started eating high sugar & carbs to get energy (low volume food, but high energy) since I could not eat normal food.

Then started with bloating symptoms, followed in a few months by CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), then after a few months had my first brain fog (feeling ‘drunk’, ‘zombied’, ‘unreal’, unable to find words, slow responses, unable to drive or attend business meetings). My MD initially diagnosed this as hypoglycemia, so I kept taking more sugar, cookies etc….and it got really bad. It used to last for 10 days at a stretch.

It was after my brain fog episodes got really bad that my I lost my sex drive/libido. I was so ‘drunk’ through the day, could hardly think straight….in the evenings, I couldn’t remember what I did that morning. It was really awful.

I have now been on the diet and probiotics for a month, and am feeling about 50% better (Thank God). My sex drive is better, but still not the same as it was before my brain fogs started (had this for about 7-8 months before I could figure out it was candida…..8 different doctors couldn’t diagnose this).

How long can one expect to wait before he starts to feel ‘normal’ sex drive? Before my symptoms, I used to feel ‘good’ almost every day…..but now its like once or twice a week.

Thanks for your help & advice.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over CRC (candida related complex) and your libido should start to improve gradually over this time.

-raster

GK

Thank you Raster.

Hate this candida overgrowth…..slight brain fog this morning…..drunk and spaced-out :((

freedaji
    Topics: 7

Have you tried ashwagandha? I was surprised how much that helped me!

GK

Hi Freedaji,

Thanks, I haven’t tried ashwagandha yet. Is is specifically for libido or is it an antifungal as well?

I have now been on the Diet + antifungals + probiotics for 40 days and am feeling much better already. About 50% better since I started the regimen.

Also had my first appointment with a naturopath today and it went well (thank you to Raster for suggesting to look for a naturopath). Finally found a doctor who knows about this condition and how to treat it.

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with low sex drive/libido?’ is closed to new replies.