Help with foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with foods

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Hi,

I have only been on the diet a short time, but i have been reading up on material for sometime now in preperation. I was wondering what thoughts were on a few things.

-Organic flax seed oil with lignans – Great for Omega 3’s.
    -Sweetleaf stevia – Non organic but only two ingredients, soluble inulin fiber and stevia leaf
    Zypan – I have heard good things about this if you choose to eat meat(organic of course! Lol) on a regular basis.

Also, kefir seems very interesting. Anyone had any luck making their own? What type of milk works well?

Best of luck to everyone, and any suggestions/personal experiences are appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I believe everything you mentioned sounds OK!

I completely failed on making my kefir; you need to let it sit out at room temperature which is over 70 degrees F. My house is too cold in the winter to make kefir successfully which is upsetting.

Making kefir out of unpasteurized raw goat milk is best; it is very difficult to get raw milk in general. Washington state has different health code laws and you can get raw goat milk there when it is in season. There may be other states, but am unsure. The reason goat milk is better is because you likely wouldn’t be allergic to it.

-Raster

Downtown

Raster,

Thank you for the comments. You and Able are Great! I have learned a lot from reading your posts/comments. I have really started learning what signs to look for, and how to control all aspects of the diet in my power. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, Im starting to get used to all the veggies/greens. Stir frying them (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and onions) in a little coconut oil really gives them a great taste, and is a good break from steamed. If i could only get some of the other things to taste that good. Haha

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks again.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Downtown wrote: Im starting to get used to all the veggies/greens. Stir frying them (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and onions) in a little coconut oil really gives them a great taste, and is a good break from steamed.

I just made a stir-fry that almost resembled a normal meal! If you heat some oil and add about 1-2 teaspoons each of diced/crushed/grated fresh garlic and ginger, then add a drizzle of sesame oil at the end, you get something close to a Chinesey taste. As close as is possible without soy sauce anyway… Some added Chinese 5-spice would probably make it even better, but I don’t have any at the moment. I added a well-fluffed, lightly cooked omelette that I cut into pieces as well. Don’t forget the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper!

Downtown

Ok,

A couple more short questions about food/spices.

Braggs liquid aminos – says soy sauce alternative yet made from soy protein
    Pepper – what about red and pink peppercorns, coriander, and paprika. I know its not on the list, but thought it may be one of those things thats iffy.

What about any pain relievers for die-off? Aleve, aspirin, etc.

Thanks again!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Downtown wrote: Braggs liquid aminos – says soy sauce alternative yet made from soy protein.

Reply: A better alternative is coconut aminos. http://www.coconutsecret.com/aminos2.html

Quote: “Pepper – what about red and pink peppercorns, coriander, and paprika. I know its not on the list, but thought it may be one of those things thats iffy.”

Reply: Red peppers are iffy because a lot of people seem to have problems with this. Personally, I think that all peppers, more or less, are great antifungals. If you want to try them, treat them as a test food first.

Quote: “What about any pain relievers for die-off? Aleve, aspirin, etc.”

Reply: Ibuprofen. In several studies, ibuprofen was shown to revert certain Candida albicans’ resistance to antifungal azoles. That’s for pain.
    Research: http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/56/4/678.full

For die-off you need to take Molybdenum, 250 mcg pills, take three a day during the worst die-off periods, one a day for maintenance. Be sure the label reads, “Molybdenum amino acid chelate.”

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help with foods’ is closed to new replies.