Help with debilitating BRAIN FOG

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with debilitating BRAIN FOG

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RogueMind 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

trublu65
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

If you want to skip this paragraph and go right to the question i have then go to the next paragraph.

Hello, This is my story. I am a 46 year old and believed to have big Candida problem. Exactly 5 weeks ago I went through a 14 day Candida Clear detox and went onto the Candida Diet half-way through the detox. My diet has been absolutely perfect in these last weeks with no cheating at all. I am the owner of a landscape desingn company and I am in excellent shape as I am hands on. My whole life I have been an athlete and have never ever been sick or hospitalized for anything ever. Never even sick for more than 3 days since a child with the exception of last winter and now. The only problem I have is ADD or should I say constant brain fog, except when taking my ampetamine like medication called adderall.

After 14 day candida clear and 4 weeks of a perfect candida diet, I have such unbelievable brain fog I am totally incapacitated. My business is in fullswing and I am either on youtube or watching cable all day. I have absolutely no other symtoms at all. No rashes, thrush, joint pain, neck pain, etc. Went for bloodwork and doctor said EVERYTHING looked just fine. Went for blood test for lyme diease and it showed up negative. F…ked up thing is that for a day of two I could be cgoing all day, then the next day is just completely lost.

Sticking with and taking a slew of supplements including molybdenum, milk thistle, pro-biotics, etc….

I am thinking possbily the cleans and diet are removing heavy metals in my body and that me be causing this, I don’t know.

I am thinking to go off this diet completely however, for the first time FIRST TIME
    in years I DO NOT having a craving for sweets.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I assume that you’re still taking Adderall.

How much Molybdenum are you taking a day? Have you tried doing what Raster told you to do about saunas and soaking in a hot tub of water? You should try to do this several times a day if possible. How much water are you drinking each day?

Able

trublu65
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Hi ABLE 900, I have been taking 250 mg of the molybdenum you had reccoemended 3 times per day and then I bumped it up to 500 mg 3 times per day. I have a jacuzzi so yes I have been doing that about every other day with epsom salt. I actually turn up the jets all the way which massage my lower back and sides to help along the detoxifying. My sugar craving I have had as long as I can remember is gone, however the brain fog is so bad that in addition to no papaer work I am having a difficult time doing simple tasks like setting up the kitchen table to eat without having a real difficulty. I have no headache, stomache ache or pains of any kind. I think I have had mild candida but very concerned this is actually Lyme disease. I was specifically tested for this by my doctor and results negative, however I am hearing mst doctors know very little to nothing about Lyme Disease. The brain fog is getting worse and the fatigue as well.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

trublu65 wrote: Sticking with and taking a slew of supplements including molybdenum, milk thistle, pro-biotics, etc…

This is probably where your problem lies, especially if that slew of supplements includes anti-fungals and the probiotics are high doses. People were moaning about how probiotics cause them terrible die-off in another thread, and anti-fungals need to be used with caution, so you might need to ease up on them.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Javizy wrote:

Sticking with and taking a slew of supplements including molybdenum, milk thistle, pro-biotics, etc…

This is probably where your problem lies, especially if that slew of supplements includes anti-fungals and the probiotics are high doses. People were moaning about how probiotics cause them terrible die-off in another thread, and anti-fungals need to be used with caution, so you might need to ease up on them.

Agree with Javizy. Best would be to list what you are taking and how much, also approximately what you are eating.

I didn’t think I had it bad but I had terrible die-off from diet alone (no antifungals) so I guess I had it worse than I thought. Few times I overdid on antifungals in my meals and that kicked in a strong die-off. For example combining rutabaga, raw garlic, oregano, and kefir is guaranteed to give you die-off.

Weird thing is that you don’t have any other symptoms but just brain fog. Most of us experience other things as well, like joint/muscle pain and such.

One way to know is to stop all antifungals and probiotics and see if the condition changes, then when you feel better take it slow and slowly add one by one, smallest dose first, then slowly increase.

Also, I noticed in my treatment that until I was taking all the right supplements as suggested here (A, D3, C, E, Mag/Calc/Zinc, molybdenum, milk thistle) I had rougher time with treatment. You need to give you body strength to fight it. So check your supplements, here is a great info from Able, our wiseman here on the forum: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Hope you feel better soon!

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

trublu65 wrote: Hi ABLE 900, I have been taking 250 mg of the molybdenum you had reccoemended 3 times per day and then I bumped it up to 500 mg 3 times per day.

Is it safe to take 500 mg of molybdenum 3 times per day?

RogueMind
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

trublu65 I feel your plight! I had suffered from brain fog for quite some time. It had gotten so bad that I was having difficulties in remembering friend’s names, when we last met, and what we last talked about. I even found myself running up and down my apartment’s stairs to check and ensure that I had truly locked the door, among other annoying situations.

I started taking Neuro Boost Piracetam, about 3 months ago, and noticed a slight increase in memory about a month into taking it. A basic bit of information regarding Piracetam is that it is a derivative cyclic of GABA and works by stimulating the Acetylcholine receptors which are implicated in thought and memory functions. I’ve been taking around 2,400-4,800mg a day for the entire time, and as I said I’ve noticed a steady slight increase in my memory. It isn’t anything similar to some “super-duper you’re awesomely smart now” drug, but it has helped promote my memory and overall cognitive functionality. I’ve been taking Piracetam alongside L-theanine and Choline Bitartrate. L-Theanine stimulates the GABA and is reported to have anti-anxiety benefits. Choline Bitartrate is a acetylcholine neurotransmitter source, which I use to replace the transmitters used by Piracetam due to its stimulation ACh receptors.

Other drugs and vitamins I’ve found to be beneficial in improving my memory have been: Omega-3 fish oils, ALCAR, and Alpha-GPC. If you aren’t taking a mutlivitamin and some Omega-3 fish oil I’d suggest you go ahead and give them a shot as that can already help you out both in physical and mental health.

The first link is for Piracetam and better description on it, and the second is a research page that has a downloadable PDF on research done with Piracetam.
    http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/what-is-piracetam
    http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research

There’s other sources of Piracetam information out there, but I don’t happen to know all their URL’s. LOL! If you need any help, or have any questions go ahead and PM me!

I hope you found any part of this beneficial, I know how bad it sucks to live with brain fog, and I hope you find some help or relief from it soon!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help with debilitating BRAIN FOG’ is closed to new replies.