Help with bitters problem!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with bitters problem!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fizzlex 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wol1
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 31

Fucking hell, I bought bitters with just the ingredients, no drops. So I have to make my own bitters and that takes 2 weeks, I can’t wait that long, I need them now. Is there anything I can do to make them work directly?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

What does the box say? Do you have to make it with alcohol?
    Because I bought the same sort of Swedish Bitters that had to be mixed manually (also with the 2 week period). But I also had to add alcohol which I didn’t do. A few weeks later I had serious cramps and diarrhea (I have no problem with other bitters I bought online). I stopped using these home made bitters and started using enzymes because they have a similar function.

My advice: Be careful with home made Swedish Bitters. If you need it immediately, buy other bitters (online) or give enzymes a try.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Yes you can use apple cider vinegar instead.

Make sure it is unpasteurised, use 1-2 teaspoons 5-10 minutes before meals and you can dilute in a little water (not too much) if necessary.
    Try to get it to stay on your tongue for ~30 seconds so you can taste the bitterness.

wol1

TheChosenOne: Yeah it says use it with alcohol. Problem is I can’t seem to find any readymade bitters that doesn’t contain alcohol(live in sweden).

TheXtremisT: 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar? And how approx how much of the herbs? 1-2 of both? 🙂

Thanks for answers guys.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Replies: 126

Yep 1-2 teaspoons of ACV.
    I mentioned it only as an alternative to your herbs for the bitters, since you needed something quicker until you made it.
    Apple cider vinegar is readily available and a decent alternative for the time being.

I’m not sure about the herbs, but follow the instructions but definitely don’t use alcohol.

You should search for alcohol-free swedish bitters based on “Maria’s original recipe”. Amazon is a good place to start, but ebay will have some available too.

wol1

TheXtremisT;49062 wrote: Yep 1-2 teaspoons of ACV.
    I mentioned it only as an alternative to your herbs for the bitters, since you needed something quicker until you made it.
    Apple cider vinegar is readily available and a decent alternative for the time being.

I’m not sure about the herbs, but follow the instructions but definitely don’t use alcohol.

You should search for alcohol-free swedish bitters based on “Maria’s original recipe”. Amazon is a good place to start, but ebay will have some available too.

Oh damn I see, misunderstood you there. Thanks for the help. Problem with amazon and many other sites is that they won’t ship to sweden.. at least some things.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

wol1;49064 wrote:

Yep 1-2 teaspoons of ACV.

Oh damn I see, misunderstood you there. Thanks for the help. Problem with amazon and many other sites is that they won’t ship to sweden.. at least some things.
    Have you tried iHerb? Do they ship to Sweden?

fizzlex
    Replies: 24

those bitters taste horrible. makes me gag everytime i drop them on my tongue… its tempting to just dilute with water and swallow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help with bitters problem!’ is closed to new replies.