Help with Acne

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Help with Acne

This topic contains 38 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Nxkkx 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

Hello,if anyone has any tried and true tips for acne I’d be so grateful! Mine is pretty bad,though considerably better than earlier this year,when my Candida was horrible after 6 months as a vegan raw foodist.As of now,I use sulfur soap,then a volcanic ash and charcoal face mask,then another mask I make out of avocado,Greek yogurt,ground flax seed and sometimes turmeric.Sometimes I use honey as a exfoliant and leave it on my face for a while.I use a distilled water and lavender oil toner I make myself,and coconut oil for moisturizer.Overnight I topically apply vitamin E oil.
    I have really sensitive skin,and also oily prone.
    Perhaps I should not be using coconut oil…
    Thanks for any advice!
    Namaste,
    Tulip

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Acne is caused by problems inside the body, so as long as you keep the face clean, the alternate diet can heal most acne cases.

Tulip

Thank you so much,I really appreciate it! Ironically enough I have used a lot of benzol peroxide in the past..I just threw away my tube about a month ago,trying to cure acne as naturally as possible.My skin has definitely calmed down overnight just by using Dr.Bronner’s lavender liquid soap instead of my old sulfur bar.
    Thanks again!

Wendy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

Acne can be caused also by hormonal problems.
    So as long as these problems are kept in normal parameters, you should have a cleaner face.

OliviaB
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Grapefruit Seed Extract has always cleared up my skin when my candida flares up. Make sure it’s grapeFRUIT seed extract, not grape seed extract as they are different. You can get it at any health food store. I take 3 capsultes a day until my skin clears up, then 1 day for while. It’s works amazing.

Tulip

OliviaB wrote: Grapefruit Seed Extract has always cleared up my skin when my candida flares up. Make sure it’s grapeFRUIT seed extract, not grape seed extract as they are different. You can get it at any health food store. I take 3 capsultes a day until my skin clears up, then 1 day for while. It’s works amazing.

Thank you! Shoots,could’ve gotten it yesterday when I was at my organic store and had ride home.Oh well..tomorrow! thanks again! Appreciate it!

jam04
    Replies: 1

how to get rid of acne

I have experience that too and tried lots of medicine but it turns out
    that im just wasting my money on it. .

finally I found this very helpful site that definitely solved my prolems
    in a short period of time.

Now is the time to say goodbye to your acne. Very effective and useful.
    You should try it yourself and be amaze.

Clink this link to know ways how to get rid of acne

Loci
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

I dealt with hormonal acne and that is what unfortunately got me into this candida mess ….. overuse of antibiotics to control my monthly hormonal acne. For the last 4 years, my acne was never worse! I was dealing with my 2-3 hormonal pimples and then explosion of small bumps on my face. I did notice when I cut sugar and dairy, it seemed to really help, especially now with this diet. My face is not clear yet but has drastically improved since being on the diet. Androgens are the hormones that generally lead to acne….sugar causes androgen flare ups and consuming dairy products is like pumping your body full of hormones. Even if you buy hormone free dairy products, this does not really mean “hormone free” as the cow is naturally producing hormones for her calf and then we eat/drink those hormones. Many people have found success in doing this. If you are already completely sugar and dairy free, there are medications to control hormones, but I personally don’t believe in them as i think you’re only masking the problem. To calm my face, I do use Acure line of natural, organic products. Argan oil is awesome to calm (they have a face balm that as argan and borage oil that works wonders).

Hope that helps. I think I’m on the road to clearing my skin by detoxifying my body, but just like with other die off symptoms, this too will flare up as your skin is trying to deal with all those toxins being released.

Tulip

Loci wrote: I dealt with hormonal acne and that is what unfortunately got me into this candida mess ….. overuse of antibiotics to control my monthly hormonal acne. For the last 4 years, my acne was never worse! I was dealing with my 2-3 hormonal pimples and then explosion of small bumps on my face. I did notice when I cut sugar and dairy, it seemed to really help, especially now with this diet. My face is not clear yet but has drastically improved since being on the diet. Androgens are the hormones that generally lead to acne….sugar causes androgen flare ups and consuming dairy products is like pumping your body full of hormones. Even if you buy hormone free dairy products, this does not really mean “hormone free” as the cow is naturally producing hormones for her calf and then we eat/drink those hormones. Many people have found success in doing this. If you are already completely sugar and dairy free, there are medications to control hormones, but I personally don’t believe in them as i think you’re only masking the problem. To calm my face, I do use Acure line of natural, organic products. Argan oil is awesome to calm (they have a face balm that as argan and borage oil that works wonders).

Hope that helps. I think I’m on the road to clearing my skin by detoxifying my body, but just like with other die off symptoms, this too will flare up as your skin is trying to deal with all those toxins being released.

Thank you so much! Yep,definitely my hormones are suffering,having been on Minocycline for acne and previously a host of other bad things for allergies.I am vegan and I would never have dairy again! I am sugar free as well.I don’t believe in hormone controlling medications either,how unnatural..it’s just a matter of time till my body balances itself out in harmony again.I’m using Dr.Bronner’s lavender (liquid soap) to wash,I make a toner out of distilled water and lavender oil,and I like Avalon Organics’ sensitive skin lavender moisturizer.Sometimes I alternate with coconut oil.I have Argan oil,I will try that again! In the evening I spot treat with benzol peroxide overnight.Sometimes I use Dessert Essence’s blemish touch stick with tea tree and other oils in it.A few times a week I do a hot soak in my bathtub followed by cold shower to release toxins..I’ll do that later today.
    Thanks again! It’s no fun being a pimple face!

Loci
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

Tulip, it is no fun. In fact, I broke out overnight due to getting my monthly friend. It’s so frustrating, but I like you, will never take meds to clear my face ever again.

I am going to try grapefruit see extract. 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (ingested) should also help as its an anti-bacterial. Have you tried taking Borage oil? I just started that as well and have seen an improvement.

Also, I’ve read that a liver cleanse helps. I have not done it, but am taking Dandelion root instead. Apparently if your liver is not working properly, your skin is the next organ to detoxify everything from your body.

Hang in there! People don’t understand how emotionally painful acne can be. Keep up that water intake too. I am sure you are, but I noticed my skin was the absolute clearest when I was breastfeeding my kids and I was drinking a TON of water.

dustinscott
    Replies: 4

I used to have acne all over my face. My mum took me to the doctors one day and she told me to go to a dermatologist and he gave me these tablets called Roaccutane. If you live in America I think it is called Accutane or something like that. I won’t lie to you though, they do have some bad side affects. The only side effects that I got where mood swings though. It takes a while for them to go away, it took me like 4 months or something but mine were severe. After a month your face will go really dry and you will start getting nosebleeds sometimes. I would research it first though and look at all the side effects. But for me it worked great, the only thing was that it took a while for them to go. I would really strongly recommend you trying Roaccutane if ur acne is bothering you and since you’ve had them for over 2 years. It also gets rid of most of the scars.

Tulip

dustinscott wrote: I used to have acne all over my face. My mum took me to the doctors one day and she told me to go to a dermatologist and he gave me these tablets called Roaccutane. If you live in America I think it is called Accutane or something like that. I won’t lie to you though, they do have some bad side affects. The only side effects that I got where mood swings though. It takes a while for them to go away, it took me like 4 months or something but mine were severe. After a month your face will go really dry and you will start getting nosebleeds sometimes. I would research it first though and look at all the side effects. But for me it worked great, the only thing was that it took a while for them to go. I would really strongly recommend you trying Roaccutane if ur acne is bothering you and since you’ve had them for over 2 years. It also gets rid of most of the scars.

Thank you for the information but there is no way I am going on something medical for acne again.My hormones are messed up from Candida,so why would I go on something that messes them up again? I’ve started eating wild salmon and my skin is looking a little better already,in just two days.Also doing hot steam baths followed by cold showers,I swear my skin is glowing.It’s going to take a little while but I know it’ll come around in the end.Thanks again.
    Namaste,
    Tulip

Tulip

I just got some Jojoba oil,a sample of it,yesterday,on the advice of someone for truant acne and oil prone skin.I used it last night and this morning and I really like it,so does my skin.It’s so much lighter than Argan oil and not as oily as Coconut.I recommend it to all of you with oil,acne prone skin.A few drops goes a long way and it has a nice smell!jojoba oil

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

Tulip wrote: I just got some Jojoba oil,a sample of it,yesterday,on the advice of someone for truant acne and oil prone skin.I used it last night and this morning and I really like it,so does my skin.It’s so much lighter than Argan oil and not as oily as Coconut.I recommend it to all of you with oil,acne prone skin.A few drops goes a long way and it has a nice smell!jojoba oil

Is it 100% jojoba oil? Does it act like a moisturizing lotion or more of a face wash?

Tulip

mk3 wrote:

I just got some Jojoba oil,a sample of it,yesterday,on the advice of someone for truant acne and oil prone skin.I used it last night and this morning and I really like it,so does my skin.It’s so much lighter than Argan oil and not as oily as Coconut.I recommend it to all of you with oil,acne prone skin.A few drops goes a long way and it has a nice smell!jojoba oil

Is it 100% jojoba oil? Does it act like a moisturizing lotion or more of a face wash?

Yes it’s 100% Jojobal oil.It is more of a moisturizer than a face wash.I don’t think washing your face in oil is very beneficial,as it strips away immediately what you have put on your skin.Oils are meant to sit and sink in.Jojoba is nice and light.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Help with Acne’ is closed to new replies.