Help! What Can I eat at beginning of week 2??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! What Can I eat at beginning of week 2??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

Hi!

I’m new to this forum and I need some help with my candida diet! please!

Background:
    About a year ago I cut out dairy, wheat and gluten, and then when my severe acne was still present a naturopath alerted me to the candida diet (supposedly caused by all the antibiotics my gp gave me). So, then I went on the candida diet for 3 weeks (had great improvements in my acne-but plateaued) and found out that I wasn’t being strict enough and continued to cut out carrots, hummus, all nuts, cashews, bell peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin, coconut milk, berries, veggie crackers etc.

Now I’ve completed week 1 of the very strict diet, where all I eat is the approved veggies, chicken, egg whites (I’m allergic to egg yolk), wild salmon, sardines, and shrimp (plus my HMF Forte probiotics, zinc picolinate, berbercap antifungals, vitamin D3, Vitamin B Complex, adrenal support LOBP-given to me by the naturopath). My acne is 90% better, and some of my other symptoms such as severe joint aches at night are gone (but I still have anxiety and delayed sleep cycle). I also am having severe candida die-off. I can only manage about a meal and a bit per day and am not drinking as much water as I should. I get severe headaches, feel like vomiting constantly and have nausea sometimes.

So my questions are…
    1) I usually wake up feeling great and hungry, but as soon as I eat breakfast I start to feel horribly ill. Is this the candida rejecting the food I ate because it isn’t the sugar/ wheat that it wanted???

2) Can I have olives and avacado at the beginning of week 2 if still having die off symptoms? If yes, how much per day for each?

3) Does it matter if I have green or black olives?

4) I wanted to make an egg white mayonnaise dip that has egg whites, salt, mustard powder, garlic, olive oil and apple cider vinegar in it; but can I have apple cider vinegar and mustard powder at the beginning of week 2 while I still have diet symptoms? If yes, how much of this dip can I have?

5) If I do introduce olives, avacado, mustard powder and apple cider vinegar-can I introduce them all at once?

6) Should I introduce coconut flour at the end of week 2 or introduce it when my die-off symptoms are gone?

Thank you so much!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

1) These are fairly typical symptoms I believe.

2) Should be fine, and eat as much as you want. Here’s a good website to checkout:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1844/2

3) Shouldn’t matter.

4) The only problem might be the mustard, so give it a try, and if you body reacts or cant handle it…then save for phase 2.

5) I would introduce one by one and see your bodies reaction to it; the olives and avacado should be completely OK.

6) Eat it now, no drawback to coconut bread!

-Raster

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

Thanks raster!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Caitie wrote: So my questions are…

Hello, Caitie.

1)I usually wake up feeling great and hungry, but as soon as I eat breakfast I start to feel horribly ill. Is this the candida rejecting the food I ate because it isn’t the sugar/ wheat that it wanted?

Reply: What do you eat for breakfast?

2) Can I have olives and avocado at the beginning of week 2 if still having die off symptoms? If yes, how much per day for each? 3) Does it matter if I have green or black olives?

Reply: Avocados are fine for the diet, perfect in fact. Olives are usually packed in distilled vinegar, if you have this, you’ll probably receive a Candida reaction to it. Green or black are fine, as long as there is no distilled vinegar involved.

4) I wanted to make an egg white mayonnaise dip that has egg whites, salt, mustard powder, garlic, olive oil and apple cider vinegar in it; but can I have apple cider vinegar and mustard powder at the beginning of week 2 while I still have diet symptoms? If yes, how much of this dip can I have?

Reply: The recipe should be fine; the mustard powder is both an antifungal and antiseptic. The problem comes when you have a commercial mustard spread made with distilled vinegar.

5) If I do introduce olives, avocado, mustard powder and apple cider vinegar-can I introduce them all at once?

Reply: I would space these at least 4 days apart – just in case there’s a reaction you’ll know what caused it.

6) Should I introduce coconut flour at the end of week 2 or introduce it when my die-off symptoms are gone?

Reply: Now should be fine, but definitely use it as a test food.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help! What Can I eat at beginning of week 2??’ is closed to new replies.