Help! Symptoms returning!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! Symptoms returning!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jennybear1978 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Hi Everyone… I was hoping someone out there could give me some advice.

I had been suffering various symptoms for some time – brain fog, panic attacks, anxiety. Then the sinus drip started, nerve tingling in my head and hands. Then I started noticing cysts in various areas of my body. It wasn’t until I thought I had a bladder infection and went on antibiotics that everything all came to a head – the symptoms got worse… not better… and then it clicked. I figured out what was going on. So I’ve been existing on no fruit, no dairy, no fruit, no gluten, mostly vegetables and meat.

I took the “candida stop” drugs, as well as the probiotics, and vitamin C to get my immunity up. For a couple of weeks everything was going well. Got through the die-off, actually felt like a real human being again.

BUT… last thursday my symptoms came back again, and they’ve stayed. I hardly know what to do… I’m out of ideas and SOOOO frustrated. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts?

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

Hate to break the news but this diets a commitment and i personally think it needs about 6months or longer. 🙁 Well its been over four solid months for me and still got thrush. Although the last couple of days have looked pretty good.

jennybear1978

I wasn’t expecting an instant fix – I was just concerned that perhaps I’m doing something wrong. The return symptoms have been as strong as they were at the beginning, and I don’t know if something in my diet is aggravating things. Has anyone had trouble with nuts/legumes on the diet? Do you eat grains at all?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like and what supplements are you taking?

-raster

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

Nuts can be a problem because of mold. I think they are supposed to be limited. I’ve just significantly cut down on them as I think they were causing flare ups.

Legumes are to be avoided while one the diet.

For grains I have buckwheat and quinoa.

jennybear1978

My current diet was based on the “Ultimate Candida Guidebook”.

Supplements:
    Candida Stop – 2 after my three main meals. Contains Pau D’arco, Grapefruit seed extract, Echinacea, Caprylic acid, Black Walnut Hulls, Gralic, Selenium and Oregano Extra Powder
    Probiotic – 3 a day before each meal. Contains many strains of Lactobacillus and Streptococcus and Bifidobacterium
    Vitamin C – 1000 mg a day

Foods included – whole grains like brown rice, steel cut oats, cooked beans, all vegetables except starchy (no sweet or regular potatoes, squash, limited carrots), organic chicken and fish, nuts, olive oil or coconut oil, herbs and sea salt

Foods NOT included – anything that includes yeast, no processed foods or anything out of a can/jar, no fruit, no dairy, no gluten, no spices

Thanks for the help in advance. I never realized how frustrating this condition can be – I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed and lost with all the sources and information out there, which many times seems to contradict each other.

raster
    Participant

So your diet is the main problem and your secondary problem is your lack of supplements. I don’t see anything listed in your supplement list that addresses detoxing the toxins. If you don’t detox the toxins, they will build up in the body and you will feel bad…this will damage the liver and kidneys. This needs to be prevented as much as possible.

You are also not following the stages of the diet. You need to start out strict and then get less strict over time. You are consuming items that should be found on stage 3 of the diet, which is basically when you are symptom free. These include the oats (which contain gluten), brown rice (which contains sugar and high levels of starch which convert to sugar), beans (high in starch and stage 2 item), and nuts (stage 2). Nuts are only safe if you soak them and/or roast them to remove the molds.

Your probiotic is not one of the ones we recommend on the forum. We recommend a probiotic derived from humans (HMF neuro) and a high strain, high count probiotic (megaflora). You are only consuming 3 strains and I don’t know the billion count, but its likely low. You won’t get better quickly if you have a weak probiotic.

You need a ton more vitamins on the diet and likely more minerals and/or fatty acids.

Yes most of the information out there is contradictory and this is why we are here to help.

-raster

jennybear1978

Hi Raster,
    Thanks for all the great information. As I said, I was following a guidebook that I had found, which included a recipe section, etc. But this book did include beans/nuts/rice products. Also, the probiotic was one I had seen on many sites that said was the right strains to help candida.

The probiotic contains 12 billion active cells. Which ones/potency should I be looking for?

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

Raster, would you mind providing a link to the probiotics you recommend?

raster
    Participant

HMF neuro can be found here:

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/genestra-supplements-hmf-neuro-capsules-60-vcaps-no-fos.html

Megaflora can be found here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Food-MGF02282-MegaFlora-Capsules/dp/B001AG4SHE

Ideally you want 12+ strains and 30-90+ billion cfu per day.

If you decide to eat rice, beans, etc. then I would only eat it occasionally but not every day because then it’ll benefit the yeast. Starches convert to sugar and rice and beans are high in starch.

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

or.. skip the probiotics and make homemade milk kefir or water kefir. tons more strains, tons more billions or trillions, and CHEAP!

jennybear1978

Thanks for the input. I think I’ve got it down to either being beans, or eggs that I’m reacting too at the moment. Though it seems odd that eggs would give a problem. But I had taken both of them out over the last week, and everything was good. Tried adding them back in a bit and then my symptoms are returning. Has anyone else had issues with eggs? i use only free-run organic eggs, well cooked. I’ll have to maybe try taking out just the beans for a few days and see if it improves, if not then the eggs will have to go as well. I swear, all I can eat for breakfast at this point is meat and salad, or meat and soup.

jennybear1978

Well, I’m still at a loss as to what’s going on. I looked at the stock I’ve been using for all my soups (which I’ve been eating a lot of) and realized that the amount of sugar is very low, but that it contains tomatoes and carrots as the main vegetable broth ingredients right after the water.

Has anyone had problems with small amounts of tomatoes on the diet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help! Symptoms returning!’ is closed to new replies.