HELP! Stopping the diet to resolve adrenal/ chronic fatigue issues first

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions HELP! Stopping the diet to resolve adrenal/ chronic fatigue issues first

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Hi all,

Long story short i’ve been on the diet only and was just about to start the anti-fungals again when some information/ research made me realize that I may have uncovered the primary source of my chronic fatigue and my current priority should be to address adrenal fatigue and other issues that may be causing chronic fatigue then come back to candida when i’m feeling healed.

Now i want to concentrate on my adrenal health and such, i’m not sure how long this will take? If anyone has any resources or advice on this i will be very grateful. I know to take adaptogens [thank you to able and raster for introducing me to the amazing herb ashwagandwa!]
    As well as doing other things i’ve researched that will help me.

So what i’m really asking is
    should I continue with the diet only or go back to a normal healthy diet? What would the effect of ignoring candida for 1 year be? From my experiences so far staying on the diet only is detrimental as i’m constantly in die-off and I remember it being mentioned before that this is not a long term diet but only to resolve candida over a period of 18 months or so.

What should i do? Btw i’m a long time CFS/CFids sufferer which is why i couldn’t tolerate the anti-fungals.

Thank you.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I’m back on a more “normal” diet, since the strict diet did a lot of damage regarding hypoadreni. I only take the antifungals that also “sedates” the yeast (fatty acids such as those found in olive oil, coconut oil, and lacto acid bacteria etc.) and rotate the carbs.

But please bear in mind that I never had a reason for getting candida, it has followed me since childhood and I am now chelating mercury in the hope of this being the root cause.

I had adrenal fatigue for many years, ignoring it. Going on Able’s almost stupid diet made me very sick with more aggressive CRC, and what felt like a 3-month long adrenal crash.
    When I first started eating more carbs again and stopped the natural antifungals, I felt damn great for some weeks, I was sure I was cured(did also start on antidepressant and allergy medicin, did help a lot on the sleep!). but I was eating carbs I hadn’t eaten a long time, and the candida always get used to feed on the carbs you eat the most – in short, back then I got the benefits of loads of energy (and a great immune function) from the carbs while the candida was not adapted to feed on it yet.

Now I got more AF from chelation, but I had periods of being very well only by handling my adrenal problems and getting up early in the morning for the boost of the morning raise of cortisol, and thereby better immunity. Some times I can eat most carbs by just handling AF properly and rotation the source of carbs often+lots of greens. Although I have to keep in mind that AF and CRC is very related, especially if CRC is an allergy related complex. But what do I know…

Warning: This might not work for you, I’m not an expert in any ways..!

But of what I know about the crude antifungals like GSE, oil of oregano and raw garlic (being fungi-statics and also killing some lactoacid bacteria) combined with a low carb diet; that together >can< give a more aggressive hyphae-mediated fungal growth – And that is not a good thing for patients with already low adrenal function.

Most fungi reacts aggressive against any changes in their environment/threats that can kill it. A mannan rich environment gives a passive yeast, same with acids, regulation the hyphea growth via the PRA-1 protein in candida albicans. Sorry if I sound of going on a rant against the restricted diet, it might just work fine on someone with a mild CRC.

mork
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 23

Im prepparing to jump into the diet but also suffer with CFS, and have done for about 3+ years now,

but this makes me think that the adrenals need looking at first? so much contradictory information about! i just want some kind of relief!!

my candida symptoms are just athletes foot and white tongue/bad breath.

i believe the ‘fog’ is related to adrenals too as when i used to wake up feeling fresh (adrenals working as they should) i didnt have any fog whatsoever, even though i still had candida symptoms

Mork

eskimo_pup

Thanks for the replies, i’m sorry to hear you’ve struggled on Able’s ‘strict’ diet klips but i think for people with adrenal problems or chronic fatigue you really need to listen to your body because everyone is different.

Your advice is very good as to what you are doing currently, it will help me a lot so thank you.

Mork if you have CFS i would tackle your adrenals first, this is probably one of the better diets around for candida but no diet works without the protocol and the anti-fungals will take a toll on your body. Having said that i am only taking this route now because i have a fair idea what is causing my chronic/ adrenal fatigue and i can stop it at its source while i clean up my adrenals.

One thing i can recommend from able’s protocol however is Ashwagandwa and adaptogens in general, though i’ve had most success with the one he recommended.

I just wonder what i should do.
    How much worse will the candida be in 6 months to a year?
    Can i still have kefir and buckwheat or will it keep me in a cycle of die-off?
    How relaxed should i make my diet at this point?

If anyone can help would be appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend doing a holistic approach where you heal everything all at once. A good naturopath can help you devise such a plan but it typically involves spending a bunch of money.

For instance, with the standard process supplements, I found great success…I think this stuff is in its own category in the vitamin world in its effectiveness. They have a lot of products and you’ll need the best for your problems. This is where a good ND comes in.

Additionally, do not forget about the thyroid when looking at all of this. I was like you guys and thought it was all my adrenals only (same with my wife). But the thing is, when you drain your adrenals too much you then drain your thyroid. Your thyroid is much more important and a stronger organ in general imho. Its one of the root causes you should look at…because if it starts to shut off, then your immune system is basically toasted. Once I started to heal my thyroid, I became much stronger and felt much more like myself.

Another thing is I secretly think that a lot of candida sufferers were once chronic coffee drinkers like me and my wife. When you consume high amounts of caffeine for years or decades, it really can drain your body and start to create an environment that benefits all disease (due to the acidity).

Also, if you are a male, then I would examine your sexual habits also. If you are too active, then you are draining a deep energy reserve here. Its hard to change these habits if you have them, but if reduced or stop these habits, you will have a ton more energy in general from my experience.

When I started to heal holistically, it really sent me to a different level in my treatment and I healed a lot faster. I healed the liver, gut, brain, kidneys, adrenals, etc. all at once. Once some of them are doing a lot better, then you won’t need the supplements as bad. You’ll get better a lot faster if you take care of yourself during this time and get plenty of rest.

-raster

eskimo_pup

Thank you Raster, i’ve stopped coffee and the the other things you mentioned, can i ask which supplements you were taking for the adrenal and thyroid support. I will start with the candida again but i have a feeling i could make a marked difference to my energy and chronic fatigue with a small bit of breathing space, i really think i may have found the cause of my chronic fatigue.

Du you know if leaving the candida for 6 months to a year will have a big impact on my health or is that generally a small amount of time. Also if i’m ‘stalling’ the candida protocol for this period what sort of diet is best? Maybe a relaxed diet with kefir, vegetables, buckwheat, oat bran, some stage 2 items and low sugar fruits will keep the candida dormant or will be in constant die-off?

raster
    Participant

I take drenamin for adrenals and thytrophin and prolamine iodine for thyroid. There’s a special program my ND has for the iodine/thyroid.

I think a few months off the candida diet will not set you back but longer is likely a significant setback where you could get leaky gut again, etc.

A less strict diet with a good probiotic and liver supplements likely would be the best option imho. You can still heal these organs while on the diet as an FYI.

-raster

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

To my understanding it’s always going to be a catch 22. The adrenals and thyroid get fatigued because of everything else going on (heavy metals, candida, parasites), but doing the anti-candida diet (ACD) with anti-fungals and everything else or even independently will also put strain on your endocrine system.

That’s why it’s best to do the healing in conjunction with one another. You’ll have horrible days where you feel you need to throw in the towel, but you also will figure out what works best for you.

In my case, when I began the ACD I didn’t get this huge relief of symptoms I’ve read some other people experienced, instead my energy levels were even lower but they were steady (I’m not getting the extreme lows as often). After 7 weeks on raster’s strict diet (with the exception of nuts here and there) I still feel worn out, but what has brought me this far without falling apart at the seams was doing I.V. vitamin therapy; it really gave me the boost I needed. Honestly, in a day I went from hardly being able to walk to going for a 3 km runs. For me the energy doesn’t last the whole week, but it does help me get things I need to get done and helps me fight this. You can also get homeopathic adrenal support (don’t know about thyroid support) in these I.V.’s.

eskimo_pup

Thanks all,

Raster if your MD consults over the phone/internet i’d appreciate his details but i don’t want to be left with a heavy financial strain.

Similarly with the vitamin injections, Becca did you try standard high quality vitamins/minerals before going intravenous? Also what was/is your diet like? do you know why you had such success with intravenous vs other methods?

Is able’s diet the same as Rasters? i’m a little out of the loop and i know you guys update stuff.

Also thank you for taking the time out to help me, it would be amazing if i could get back on track after 2 decades.

I am planning to go and become an occupational therapist and visit Canada which for some reason i have been romantically attached to since being a teenager. P:

raster
    Participant

My diet is looser than able’s, thats the main difference.

I will pm you his contact information and he does treat people abroad. I’ve sent about 5 forum members +/- to him and only one of them went on to meet him in person (they moved to PNW).

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Stopping the diet to resolve adrenal/ chronic fatigue issues first’ is closed to new replies.