Help needed, desperate at this point

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help needed, desperate at this point

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Wendy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Javizy wrote:

Some schools of thought say that the candida diet is so restrictive and lacking of a balanced diet full of important nutrients that this in fact weakens the immune system and hurts organs. What would you say to that? Is that a legitimate concern?

It really depends on how you implement the diet and what your current health and lifestyle is like. Any restrictive diet creates risks, even a normal vegetarian diet, and everyone’s needs are slightly different. If you’re not eating enough calories, missing micronutrients with a poor balance of foods, susceptible to thyroid problems and stress etc then you could end up doing more harm than good, but this is probably the same in the context of a typical diet. It doesn’t have to be the case if you follow the diet prudently and pay attention to how your body reacts. I doubt any two people here eat the identical diets, even if they’re based on the same set of foods.

I think you two just bumped into my own questions. My attempts at radical diet change have put my already out of balance system that much more out of balance. I think it’s done more harm than good. I’m not sure about what the protocol of a more gradual implementation would be, since it seems like here you are either on the boat or told to get on the boat with little middle ground.

My question to Javizy: you say, “It doesn’t have to be the case if you follow the diet prudently and pay attention to how your body reacts.”

How can you tell how your body reacts to a single thing when you are changing so much at one time? Be-bugging is only really successful with one change at a time, thus why I have been struggling so hard myself with so many changes at once I can’t tell what is doing what but, I can tell my body is screaming “UNCLE”.

Wendy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

Wow, so much information here.
    Why didn’t I sign up earlier?
    Suddenly, I feel like I’m not the only one with problems and questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help needed, desperate at this point’ is closed to new replies.