Help needed, desperate at this point

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help needed, desperate at this point

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Wendy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jtd0023
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Here I am writing about a major setback on my road to curing my candida; I feel pretty lousy considering that my symptoms have come raging back: my skin mainly breaks out in an itchy red pustule rash. After a 10 day detox, my skin was almost completely clear. I was feeling great. However, I was very thin and weak ( scary thin, considering I am not very big, 5’5 and down to 120 pounds). I began stage two of the diet by adding some eggs back for a few days: no reaction. Moreover, I began to add back organic grass-fed chicken and yogurt. A few days later, my skin was worse then ever and just keeps worsening each day. The yogurt had 8g of sugar, but the only ingredients were pasteurized whole organic milk and live yogurt cultures. I didn’t realize the sugar was high in this, but I read so many good things about yogurt helping build and balance your gut. I tried to wait out the next couple days to see if it improved. Sadly, it did not. I really don’t know what to do. Here is my daily regimen:

2-3 organic eggs
    1-2 servings of organic chicken, turkey, or steak.
    lots of lettuce and vegetables
    almond butter and cashew butter (recently added as well)
    1-2 carrots and sweet potatoes

antifungals
    diflucan (200mg)
    oil of oregano
    coconut oil
    caprylic acid
    garlic
    red thyme oil
    apple pectin
    pysllium husk

Probiotics
    2-4 Vsl 3 (225 billion per capsule)
    1-2 Metagenics Df
    Ultimate Flora Critical care 200 billion

Vitamins
    Mens 1 Multi
    fishoil
    magnesium
    b-complex
    vitamin c
    d3

I am confused as to which school of thought I should be following: eating a well balanced, low sugar, low carb diet with fruits and grains to build up a healthy immune system or the strict high protein diet that potentially weakens your immune system by not getting enough vitamins and nutrients, but at the same time it is starving off the yeast? ( I have already felt the sever die off sysmptoms, I no longer feel that any more but still have the symptoms)

Any help at this point would be much appreciated

Should I do another detox??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello jtd,

I think part of your problem earlier on is that you weren’t eating enough food; you need to eat 3-4 course meals if possible. Teff has great weight gain properties and you can make bread with it! Eating the teff bread 2x per day will help you gain weight. Avocados and coconut oil help you gain weight. Coconut milk is very high in fat and will help you gain weight.

But a few things are concerning me. You stated that you went to stage 2 because you were afraid of losing weight; well stage 2 won’t help you too much gain weight, because guess what? Candida is still taxing the body in order to fight it off, so you likely will still lose weight despite the introduction of new foods.

After 1 year on the diet, I still don’t eat carrots and potatoes in large amounts with any regularity…these should be avoided at all costs and feed candida. I can handle eating these items just fine now, but they aren’t in my diet. I eat some hash browns on the weekend though…

Stage 2 is meant for you when you basically have no symptoms and it is a safe jump. Your body should be able to handle these foods without any drawbacks, allergic reactions, etc. and you should have no additional symptoms from reintroducing foods. If you do notice drawbacks (such as skin breaking out) then I feel that you aren’t ready for it and should go back to stage 1. This also shows that you are allergic to this food item and should avoid it indefinitely.

I would also consider cutting out the psyllium which isn’t really doing much to benefit your health. I would consider trying out bitters (swedish or other) which help you produce digestive enzymes which heal your gut. This will help you digest your food better so you can get more energy out of the food you eat.

I personally experienced big time weight loss the first 4-6 months on the diet. I then started to gain weight and now I weigh more than before starting the diet. I started out at 155ish and went down to 137 at my lowest point. I then slowly gained it back and I am probably around 160 pounds currently. You’ll gain weight as you get healthy and can eat a wider variety of foods, but your body uses your minerals (bones), muscles, skin, and any other bodily sources to fight this sucker off.

You won’t ever need to do a second detox and there is no reason to do an additional cleanse.

Healing the body takes a long long time and it can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. Once your leaky gut heals and you lower the inflammation for a long period of time, you can tolerate more foods.

I would like to mention the HCL (hydrochloric acid) once again because it has been shown to benefit people with skin conditions. Your body isn’t producing enough acid and it could help greatly. I would do some internet research about it and see if it could beneficial to your treatment.

Also, what is wrong with eating chicken sausage? It can help weight gain also!

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jt, have you been on the diet for one month yet? If not, you should not have added commercial Greek yogurt yet.

If you were using the stricter diet, you wouldn’t have been eating steak, almond butter, cashew butter, carrots and sweet potatoes, and you wouldn’t be having these problems. The Candida is still strong because you’re feeding it sugar every day in the form of starch. You’re also creating a better environment for the Candida to survive by eating one or two meals a day which contain meat, chicken, or turkey every single day. You shouldn’t have red meat at all, and you should only have chicken, fish, or turkey a few times a week at the very most. To put it quite simply, as you’re finding out, you can’t cure your infestation like this.

If you’d like to have the alternative diet, all you have to do is ask.

Able

Jtd0023

Thanks for all the info guys. I just received stool test results back today and my yeast levels went down from a +4 to non traceable…. Thing is my H. Pylori is now very high and previously never has been. I might be barking up the wrong tree here if my yeast levels are normal at this point accodring to this test.

Able900
    Spectator

Jtd0023 wrote: Thanks for all the info guys. I just received stool test results back today and my yeast levels went down from a +4 to non traceable…. Thing is my H. Pylori is now very high and previously never has been. I might be barking up the wrong tree here if my yeast levels are normal at this point accodring to this test.

It doesn’t matter; the Candida diet is used for treating H. pylori as well. Also you could take something called mastic gum. Below is a report from the New England Journal of Medicine concerning H. pylori and mastic gum as a treatment.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199812243392618

Able

Jtd0023

Okay just ordered it. Able and Raster, I have a question I want to hear your answers for. Some schools of thought say that the candida diet is so restrictive and lacking of a balanced diet full of important nutrients that this in fact weakens the immune system and hurts organs. What would you say to that? Is that a legitimate concern?
    THanks guys

Jtd0023

Raster-
    I am confused what each stage means to you. Let me clarify what each stage means to me: stage 1 is the detox, stage 2 is the restrictive diet, and stage 3 is reintroducing foods. Your saying just start back on stage 2?? ( the website’s diet)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We follow completely different stages on the forum:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term strict diet
    stage 2: for when you get better
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet

So the foods you are introducing at stage 1 should be from our strict foods list and not the website which has a different list with potentially disasterous items like potatoes, beef, pork, carrots, rice, almond butter, etc.

If I did things based on the website, I would still be here very ill.

-raster

Jtd0023

can you send me a list of the foods I can eat and can not eat please (your version)

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Yeah, sounds like you need to get on the “strict diet” ASAP!! Able has it and he can give it to you! I kinda started the same way you did, but since I’ve been on the diet it’s been a lot better. Still working on it, but MUCH better than in the beginning. You really need to read all the info Able’s got. Hope it helps you soon!! 🙂

Faith

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

JtD0023

You might find solace in that you are doing far better than this “newbie” despite my failing efforts to date; having been on the AC bandwagon for almost a year now and seemingly have only back slid along my journey to an even worse sate of health. You are steps ahead, far more than you realize even with your own set backs.

I am new to this forum; stumbling upon it just this past week. Reading and reading while trying NOT to get discouraged/overwhelmed. I’m no scientist and the brain fog really limits my prior subjective intelligence to weed through all info that everyone has under their grasp to share. It’s like trying to be your own instant nutritionist/scientist/dr in a matter of days/weeks……

I tried a Metagenic’s multi-pronged therapy approach and their AC “shopping list” which only made me so sick within days I had to stop to try to recover enough to attempt another round. Then failed subsequent attempts. We all have to remember without throwing bad vibes out there, that company salespeople aren’t really qualified to treat Candida; they only tow the company line while attempting to be of service to the physicians while selling more of their products to end users. This goes for all those “cure products” online; they are trying to sell something for profit. Thus, why experienced based NOT for PROFIT help here is so useful to us ‘newbies’.

From what I can determine, both Able and Raster are case studies of positivity to people like us. We can learn from them, even if we stumble along our journey’s. I too feel desperate and in need of something SIMPLE to aid me along. What I find here is helpful experience through kinship, if I’m not mistaken. I doubt anyone has beat Candida without failing along the way. That’s why the Dr’s can say it takes months to heal, experienced based sufferers know it’s more like years depending on the severity of the infestation, as hard as that is for me to type. No two people will recover the precise same length of duration. We all have difo monetary situations and can only do what we can do at the time.

Please forgive me if this seems out of line, all, as this is my first post. I read yours jtd0023 last night when I registered and felt compelled to reach out today as another “newbie”. Best of luck and keep on trying. Eventually you will DO IT…..

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, flailingWcandi, welcome to the forum. Please let us know if we can help you with anything.

Able

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Many thanks for the welcome, Able.

You have given so much support and care to so many, it means a lot coming from you.

I can certainly embrace the frantic IN NEED OF DESPRITE HELP of jtd0023’s plea.

I have posted MY (complicated) STORY in another post. I sure could use input and help along my journey. I promise as best I can presently, to keep future posts more succinct but, felt it important to paint with a broad brush to help others better help me with a more thorough understanding of what brought me to this very place & time.

When my case was still classified as a “mysterious GI disorer” after many mis-dx’s, there wasn’t a place for someone like me to turn to for advice/support or, just someone who could relate to being a patient without sounding like a bellyacher. As overwhelmed as I am from the Candida dx, at least now, like jtd0023, there’s a place to hang my hat concerning my medical condition where there was none before. Thanks to people like yourself and this whole community here. Thank you one and all.

Stillsweet
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I totally love this thread! I am a newbie too this is my first post. Thank everyone for sharing. And helping. I had my gallbladder out last summer and recently a hysterectomy with major repairs to my pelvic floor. Not sure when the Candida got started but I have it horribly now. I have a been reading everything I can on this topic and it is confusing with some of the protocols being so extreme…. fasts, cleanses, tests, colonics, raw milk, no milk! I have purchased several books …the one on this website eBook was too hard to do unless you are not working and take no medications … I have MS, Lyme, high blood pressure, rosacea, and high cholesterol. Currently reading 10 Days To Optimal Health. I decided since I just had all of my organs sutured back into their right places and opted for no transvaginal mesh not to do anything too extreme. Going to give up coffee sugar alcohol … Basically just eat the good veggies and lean organic protein until I am out of the 6 week recovery period and maybe ask my doctor… though the reg MDs may think I am crazy.  Any in put appreciated. 

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Jtd0023 wrote: Some schools of thought say that the candida diet is so restrictive and lacking of a balanced diet full of important nutrients that this in fact weakens the immune system and hurts organs. What would you say to that? Is that a legitimate concern?

It really depends on how you implement the diet and what your current health and lifestyle is like. Any restrictive diet creates risks, even a normal vegetarian diet, and everyone’s needs are slightly different. If you’re not eating enough calories, missing micronutrients with a poor balance of foods, susceptible to thyroid problems and stress etc then you could end up doing more harm than good, but this is probably the same in the context of a typical diet. It doesn’t have to be the case if you follow the diet prudently and pay attention to how your body reacts. I doubt any two people here eat the identical diets, even if they’re based on the same set of foods.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help needed, desperate at this point’ is closed to new replies.