Help! My doctor says I need antibiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! My doctor says I need antibiotics

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tude58 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’ve been battling with stinging when I urinate on and off for a while now. Initially itwould happen just once and wouldn’t come back for ages. That was the only symptom I had too. But this month it wasn’t going away and my pee was very hot.

I increased my vit c to 8000mg and have been drinking ACV and water. I’ve ordered uva ursi tea and calcium citrate and am waiting for them to arrive. Plus I’ve been having acupuncture for something else but because of these symptoms he did something for those too. Both the stinging and heat have gone but for one night only I had a burning low in my stomach and it felt like I needed to go all the time. I also have puffy ankles on and off

I took a urine sample to my drs surgery this morning and this afternoon they left me a voice mail saying I need antibiotics. She didn’t say why but its surely an infection somewhere. I have to call on Monday to find out.

Regardless of where it is, obviously I don’t want to take antibiotics. But what are the other options? I see a nutritionist and over the weekend I’ll speak to her. But in the meantime, can I have suggestions please? Having been on the strict diet 18 months, I’m currently in 100 Bill cfu Mega Food Mega Flora probiotics. I’m assuming one option would be to take huge doses over a week or so?

KiwiRae
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

I can only speak from experience, but a while back I consulted my naturopath about symptoms of a uti I had been experiencing for a few days.. She said if there are indications the infection has spread to the kidneys – back pain, blood in the urine – then a course of antibiotics is probably an unfortunate necessity. I had only the slight burning and urgency issues, so was treated effectively with cystitis tea and d-mannose. It worked for me with no obvious setback to my day-to-day health or recovery from crc. I drink some of the cystitis tea occasionally now just as a means of removing toxins from the kidneys. Good luck!

Jo*Jo

Thanks Kiwi. I don’t think I’ve had the back pain (I have lower back joint issues.. But felt nothing different) but I have had blood occasionally.

I really don’t want to take them if I can help it.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I don’t know much about the alternatives to antibiotic treatment, but what KiwiRae suggests sounds like supporting your own mechanisms to get rid of the infection.

If you HAVE to take an antibiotic, be sure to get a sample cultured of the bacterial infection and do a specific course of AB’s. Meanwhile eating loads of prebiotics and probiotics.
    But AB’s is the last choice here, really. Only if the bac. infections is severe and not otherwise treatable.

good luck 😉

Jo*Jo

Thanks, I’m glad you both agree. How do I get a sample of the infection cultured?

myword12345
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

I have been going threw that for a few months. Hurts when I pee alot of pressure on my bladder and pee very dark. I will up my vit c and I git cranberry juice with less then 1 % sugar. When I do that it seems to go away when I stop it comes right back. I order the D Mannose but i have not took it yet was afraid because of sugar.

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

myword12345;51541 wrote: I have been going threw that for a few months. Hurts when I pee alot of pressure on my bladder and pee very dark. I will up my vit c and I git cranberry juice with less then 1 % sugar. When I do that it seems to go away when I stop it comes right back. I order the D Mannose but i have not took it yet was afraid because of sugar.

I’ve been going through this too. Back pain (kidneys) blood in urine and painful at times to urinate, along with pain in lower ab. After having a fever and not wanting to do antibiotics I was told to use Uva Ursi and I added D mannose. I was told the D Mannose acted like stevia does and tricks the yeast into adhering to it to flush it out.
    I still have pain from time to time, only did the Uva Ursi and D Mannose a short time and after about 6 weeks finally had a urine culture done at my docs. It came back negative.
    I think for me it’s all the candida being flushed out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! My doctor says I need antibiotics’ is closed to new replies.