Help! Inflammation of vulva area with no infection

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! Inflammation of vulva area with no infection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mika_n 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mika_n
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi,

almost 3 months ago, I had my first ever yeast infection, diagnosed 10 days after the symptom began. The doctor put some medicine and gave me cream, which gave instant relief and for a moment thought I was cured. But after a week the itchiness remained for a bit, so I went to another gynae and she gave me heaps of medicines to use (antibiotics, diflucan, steroid cream, douche etc.) The first night I got these I tried the douche for the first time in my life too. Not sure of how to use, I think I might have “over-used” it and my vulvar hurts. I really thought it was just a mechanical irritation and will go away in a few days. The itchiness did with the medicines, but the pain remained.

For the next 2 months till now, my vulvar area is pain whenever it’s pressed or there is friction (e.g. sitting on a chair especially soft ones, cannot wear tight fitting clothes like jeans etc). The pain is not that unbearable but disturbing enough considering I never had any health issues. I have done 2 swabs in the recent month, all came back negative. Recently I also went to another gynae (have been traveling lots these few months so had to switch doctor), he did a microscope-examination of the area (i believe it’s called hinselmann-type colposcope) and said my skin appears dry and inflamed. He said I can only wait for natural recovery and that he cannot speed up the process, but gave me corticosteroid and emla cream to apply to ease the symptom, which I don’t think is helping much and the emla cream stings so much that I decided not to use.

Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences or any clues about my condition? I really want to believe in the natural recovery part but to be honest I feel like my condition is more or less the same for the 2 month, sometimes worse sometimes better but no general trend of relief. I asked him if the douche could have caused the inflammation and he said no, I asked him about the possibility of chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis but he also dismissed that possibility. I have no clue what is causing my inflammation cause I do not have any infection and I don’t think it’s any allergic reaction.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ym
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Are you on the candida diet? Have you tried wearing 100% cotton undies and no tight fitting clothes for a week or two? All those meds come with side effects and may be too harsh on your skin. You could try using some organic coconut oil down there – it will moisturize the skin and kill candida if there is any

mika_n
    Participant
    Topics: 1

Yup, I always wear 100 % cotton underwear and have not been wearing tight clothes like Jeans as the pressing hurts.

I’ve been to the gynae again and after looking through with microscope he said the skin looks normal now, but I am still experiencing pain on pressure, he said it might be that the underlying tissue are still not recovered yet.

He advised me to use olive oil, so I will try and see how it goes.

I am not on the candida diet, but I don’t mind giving it a try. From what I understand the main concept is about eating low-starch diet right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help! Inflammation of vulva area with no infection’ is closed to new replies.