Help! I don't know if I'm doing things right or not?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! I don't know if I'm doing things right or not?!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bettyboo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Hi everyone,

I had candida two years ago but the clinic I went to treated it differently to this site, I was allowed apples but wasn’t allowed lemon, tomatoes or red peppers. I thought I had got rid of it but last may I had a blustery rash come up on my finger, being gluten, wheat and dairy intolerant I put it down to that so I cut all those foods out but a year on the rash is still as bad, the last month I have been eating family size bars of chocolate and crisps, I have never liked chocolate but it wasn’t until I woke up sweating with a cold sore, mouth sores feeling I had thrush and like I was hungover that I recognised the symptoms and candida is still in me 🙁

So I am on stage 1, I already messed up and ate a bag of crisps dur!! my memory has been awful I just totally didn’t make the connection with potatoes – oh dear! I have always had gluten and wheat free corn flakes, there’s no sugar in them but I ate them yesterday and within an hour was nearly throwing up, felt dizzy and shaky and that went on for a few hours!

Can you eat those corn flakes? Or plain corn crackers? Or corn chips? If not I feel a bit stuck I am allergic to eggs and don’t eat meat so feel a bit stuck with what to eat for breakfast?

I am getting constant bad cravings for potatoes and my mood swings are awful – but in between I am experiencing moments when the mind fog clears and I actually have energy AND feel happy!!! Which is something I have not experienced in a long long time.

Bettyboo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Basically what I don’t know is can I eat corn crackers and things made of corn or not on the candida diet? or rice and quinoa crackers?

Thaaaaanks!

🙂

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Sounds like your symptoms are pretty severe right now. I’d stay away from any processed grain foods right now and just go for the whole grain. Corn flakes, rice cakes, rice crackers and stuff like that have all been too much for me in Stage 1. I’d say at least try to stick with something that you know is made from whole flour from the allowed grains, minimally processed. Breakfast ideas w/o eggs… hmm…

Do you have a health food store near you at all? If so, I found a yummy buckwheat grits cereal that I eat w/ a little olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt. If you aren’t used to breakfasts that aren’t sweet, it might take some getting used to. I also cook whole grain millet (not flour) the night before and stir in coconut milk, a *little* stevia (KAL brand has the best taste – but don’t use too much. It will taste really weird if you do), and cinnamon. You could maybe also try a mix of almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened coconut kind of as a mock granola.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help! I don't know if I'm doing things right or not?!’ is closed to new replies.