Help!! going TRAVELLING in two weeks! Only diagnosed myself a week ago!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help!! going TRAVELLING in two weeks! Only diagnosed myself a week ago!!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ibiza-Rio 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ibiza-Rio
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 12

I am seeking the most efficient way to eliminate Candida before I go travelling overseas to Central and South America in two weeks!

I was actually supposed to be over there now but made an 11th hour bid to change my flights a fortnight ago because I was still struggling with what I thought was a phantom virus that had been plaguing me for months. A few days later I self diagnosed myself with Candidiasis and found this site.

At that stage I had THREE WEEKS to get rid of the Candida before I went overseas. I am hoping that by some miracle I will be able to enjoy (quite a few) beverages on my 25th birthday when I will be parading in Rio De Janeiro’s Carnival!! It would also be nice to just let loose in all the party hot-spots I have been looking forward to going to throughout my trip..

What are my chances and does anyone have any similar stories or suggestions?

As a background, I have been suffering Candidiasis for about 5 months. Brain fog was the worst thing!! But I never got the sugar cravings and had a reasonably healthy diet so the severe symptoms were only intermittent over the last few months. And then Christmas happened.. Hmm.. I’ll have two servings of trifle and three huge scoops of icecream thankyou.. and ooh!! white christmas!! I haven’t eaten that since I was a kid!!! Nom, nom, nom.. And thus triggered the ‘relapse’ that resulted in me changing my holiday plans.

Brain fog, intestinal upsets, a fungal skin infection, new onset of allergies (beef, mangoes, my pillows!!) were my most notable symptoms. Blood tests also indicated slight neutropenia and thrombocytopenia.

After finding this site and equipping myself with all I needed, I commenced the ‘hardcore’ detox, drinking the vegetable broth and psyllium (I couldn’t get a hold of bentonite clay in time). I lasted 4 days and lost 5 kilos! My die-off effects only lasted the first night through to the next morning. (My heart was racing before I even got out of bed, then I nearly fainted and had to call for someone to grab me a bucket because I thought I was going to vomit!).

The second day my naturopath gave me Saccaromyces Boulardii (I haven’t seen this listed on this site?). Which I began taking along with probiotics (because I didnt care how shit I felt.. I needed to get rid of this thing FAST!).

I am now on stage two. I have done some research and have started taking the S.Boulardii on an empty stomach in the morning (when the Candida rouses me from sleep every morning between 4 and 7am). Then at about 10am (after I wake up) I take Colloidal Silver (I have been told to swish it around in my mouth for a while in order for it to enter the blood stream directly. Or take it with Aloe Vera Juice in order for it to bypass the gastric juices in the stomach and into the intestines?). Then I eat breakfast and take probiotics and Olive Leaf Extract. (There is a product in Australia by Rochway that combines Olive Leaf Extract with fermented Papaya and Pomegranate as a probiotic formulation). I haven’t quite figured out how best to take additional doses throughout the day.. Still working on it!

But from my research it appears that S.Boulardii is another form of yeast that crowds out the Candida Albicans yeast (and then dies off), and that Colloidal Silver (another ‘miracle cure’) DOES also kill good bacteria as well as the bad. So does this mean that Colloidal Silver also kills the S.Boulardii!?! I cant find the answer online, despite both treatments extolled all over the internet as efficient treatments for Candida, even on the same sites!! So I am just trying to separate them as much as possible to let them both do their job efficiently and then flood my intestines with probiotics!

I also ordered a product online called ‘Syntol’ which has been designed specifically to kill the Candida (it has the S.Boulardii in it as well as probiotics and enzymes to ‘eat’ the Candida before it releases toxins). It sounds amazing but I haven’t opened it yet, thinking I may need it for my travels, in which case an unopened bottle might be best through customs?!

Despite all my research I still feel a little lost and would love a little guidance and advice especially for my impending travels!!! (what do I eat on the planes!!?)

Any help would be much appreciated!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. It could be very difficult to find foreign foods that are on the allowed foods list. Alcohol use will really feed the candida badly and is the worst poison you could have when fighting the infestation. If you had asked us this before you did the cleanse, I believe most of us would’ve said “wait until you get back to do the diet.”

Probably the easiest food items to get down there that are close to what we allow for the diet would be chicken and rice. Salads/veggies would be perfect and should be readily available.

We do not recommend psyllium husk and clay because it can cause internal bleeding.

Check out the allowed foods list and the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_topics2p3_General-Discussion.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

and index of posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

But from my research it appears that S.Boulardii is another form of yeast that crowds out the Candida Albicans yeast

Reply: It won’t do any harm to use S. Boulardii for a while, but it’s incapable of colonizing in the intestines, and you’ll need the colonization in order to completely cure the infestation.

and that Colloidal Silver (another ‘miracle cure’) DOES also kill good bacteria as well as the bad. So does this mean that Colloidal Silver also kills the S.Boulardii!?!

Reply: Probably, but you can cure the infestation without ever taking Colloidal Silver.

I also ordered a product online called ‘Syntol’ which has been designed specifically to kill the Candida (it has the S. Boulardii in it as well as probiotics and enzymes to ‘eat’ the Candida before it releases toxins). It sounds amazing but I haven’t opened it yet, thinking I may need it for my travels, in which case an unopened bottle might be best through customs?!

Reply: I wouldn’t waste my time or money on Syntol. First you need to read the following post and follow the protocol outlined.
    http://www.thecandidadie…aster-The-Protocol.aspx

Then read this post as far as which probiotic to take.
    http://www.thecandidadie…s-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

Questions?
    Able

Kkmetz04
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

I am new to the diet myself, but thought I could be of some help because I lived a large part of my adult life in central America. That being said with a little planning of your part you will be able to find any foods there that you find here. I would even say they tend to eat healthier than most Americans. All there traditional dishes use fresh veggies. I can tell you for a fact that in Rio you will have no prob
    Ems finding restaurants serving healthy options. They have normal US restaurants such as Applebee’s, bennigans, ect all over central and south America. You could always choose salad with some grilled chicken ect. Good Luck!

Ibiza-Rio

Wow I wish I found those links earlier! I actually just spend half the day in the kitchen making almond meal pancakes and then almond meal cookies in preparation for a day out tomorrow =/ I had also just started eating quinoa flakes for breakfast..

damn..

But thankyou all for your quick responses!

kkmetz – I think I can safely say the vast majority of the rest of the world tends to eat healthier than most Americans! =P But your comments are reassuring. Sounds like my expenditures are going to be a little higher than anticipated though having to eat at restaurants all the time =/

Able – I am curious to know what you mean about S.Boulardii not colonising in the intestines? Whereabouts do they colonise then?

and Raster – How come you say you would have advised me to wait until I returned from my trip to start the diet?!?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Able – I am curious to know what you mean about S.Boulardii not colonising in the intestines? Whereabouts do they colonise then?

That’s the point, they’re incapable of colonizing. They exist until they die, and that’s the end, the population dies out, and you would have to continually replenish the population yourself by taking supplements of this “specimen”.

and Raster – How come you say you would have advised me to wait until I returned from my trip to start the diet?!?

I know this was directed to Raster, but I’m going to give you my take on this type of thinking. I have to disagree with the idea of putting off the diet and treatment completely just because one is going to be traveling; doing so will only add to the degree of the infestation.

A make-shift diet for the treatment can be used in these cases; you can obtain water for drinking almost anyplace, as well as lemons. This would allow you to cleanse your body as much as possible while on the trip. And just as Kkmetz explained, salads are usually available if nothing else. What you can do is to avoid apparent trouble makers such as breads, sugar products (desserts etc.), fruit, potatoes, rice and other starchy foods. Just because you’re going on a trip is no reason to fill up on carbohydrates and sugar therefore increasing the population of the Candida.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The way I look at travelling is that it is a vacation. You should not hold back on the local delicacies and fine dining that you could only experience one time. I also wouldn’t want to feel like junk the whole trip either (die-off), but hopefully you can get over most of the die-off before you leave.

I just feel that when you are on vacations you should live it up to the max. Drink it up every day lay in the sun…I so miss it! If you plan on drinking, you might as well not even do the diet because it will reverse any benefits of doing the diet. Candida can multiply quickly and drinking alcohol is like opening all of the windows to a house while it is on fire.

Anyways, these are my thoughts and they are not beneficial for your recovery. I am a long-term substance abuser and used to be a big “party guy” for the last decade. I am getting older now and wiser, however I still have the same mentality.

-Raster

Ibiza-Rio

Raster! Sounds like someone who truly understands my predicament then! I myself believe my candida was triggered off by my last fortnight in Ibiza 6 months ago when I suddenly found myself feeling like a kid (who unfortunately already had candida) in the worlds best candy shop!! My candida would have been caused by a few courses of antibiotics I had taken here and there just before I went to Europe and while I was in Europe, but it was triggered by my last couple of weeks in ibiza when I just went wild and didn’t injest anything aside from cocaine and (those god-forsaken) red bull vodkas!! It was my drinking them again a couple of weeks ago at a house party that then instigated my furious Internet searches trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. I had chosen to drink them because I felt like I wanted to get rid of the brain fog for the night so I could interact socially with people I hadn’t seen for a while and also have some energy to dance and actually enjoy myself!! I ended up flaked out on the couch feeling like I was having a come down from a drug. All I wanted to do was lie there like a zombie and watch the world go by. Today I will be going back to the same house to celebrate Australia day but I will be doing it sober! (something many Australians think of as blasphemy! Haha!). But I am determined to give myself the best possible chance of being able to drink in Rio De Janeiro (a trip I have looked forward to since I was a kid) without ended up flaked out somewhere this time..

Maybe on days I want to drink I could have a couple of syntol before and then after?

I actually don’t feel like I am experiencing die-off effects. I have actually been feeling pretty good since about day 3 of the detox! (aside from a slight hiccup when I ate natural Greek yoghurt midway through week two thinking it was okay to eat :/ ). Plus I have not had any negative effects from (?prematurely) beginning to eat carbs like quinoa and almond meal. I know everybody is different so maybe I’m already magically cured?!? =D .. Just joking..

Able I understand the colonizing thing now. I have read that S.Boulardii is prescribed to deal with the Leaky Gut Syndome which is a part of the syndrome we have so in my mind I am using the S.Boulardii to plug the holes the candida have drilled into my mucosa. This at least should help block the direct transmission of toxins into my bloodstream. Then on the other war front I am doing all I can to kill the candida albicans through other means. You don’t seem too fond of colloidal silver and I am worried that I am killing the good guys too so I may discontinue its use once I finish the bottle..

Thanks guys!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I actually don’t feel like I am experiencing die-off effects. I have actually been feeling pretty good since about day 3 of the detox! (aside from a slight hiccup when I ate natural Greek yoghurt midway through week two thinking it was okay to eat :/ ). Plus I have not had any negative effects from (?prematurely) beginning to eat carbs like quinoa and almond meal. I know everybody is different so maybe I’m already magically cured?!? =D .. Just joking..
    ————————————————————————————-
    This is something I would like to understand. Who really have an intestinal fungal overgrowth feel so bad that some times want to die.
    Or self-diagnosed people are associating CRC with every single health problem ??
    Or this candida publicity found in internet is contributing to people believe a candida cleanse is what they need to correct any illness.

I am sorry but if you say you are feeling pretty good after 3 days of detox, I believe you are looking for in the wrong place. !
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

dvjorge wrote: This is something I would like to understand. Who really have an intestinal fungal overgrowth feel so bad that some times want to die.

I wouldn’t generalise from your own experiences. Maybe some people don’t have candida here, but the guidelines will help cure or reverse a whole range of digestive problems and degenerative diseases. If you can make an argument against following a healthy diet, avoiding and detoxing toxins, improving digestion and rebuilding a healthy gut ecology for someone who’s suffering from undiagnosed symptoms that negatively affect their life and well-being, I’d like to hear it. Most people are aware of the role of stress in illness and wouldn’t be thinking about “dying” anyway.

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Javizy,

I completely agree with you. After starting the diet i wonder now if candida is what I have or not. Ive been strictly on the diet since the 2nd but never felt “die off” per se, other than being very tired and a little irritable which i attribute to a lack of carbs and my body adjusting to the diet. That being said, I have had no symptoms which i came to this site looking to cure since I started the diet, but also have been too nervous to venture far from the diet.

None the less, I have learned a TON of great information from this site, and plan to continue with this healthy style of living. Many of the foods i now incorporate into my diet I find more appetizing than items I ate before.

I believe many people can benefit from this diet, adding in certain other healthy items if candida was not the problem, because it contains many of the items our body needs and leaves out most of what it doesnt.

Thanks to all for the great information and help.

Dt

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote:

This is something I would like to understand. Who really have an intestinal fungal overgrowth feel so bad that some times want to die.

I wouldn’t generalise from your own experiences. Maybe some people don’t have candida here, but the guidelines will help cure or reverse a whole range of digestive problems and degenerative diseases. If you can make an argument against following a healthy diet, avoiding and detoxing toxins, improving digestion and rebuilding a healthy gut ecology for someone who’s suffering from undiagnosed symptoms that negatively affect their life and well-being, I’d like to hear it. Most people are aware of the role of stress in illness and wouldn’t be thinking about “dying” anyway.

I haven’t told that a low carbohydrate diet can not benefit other health conditions. In fact, a low carbohydrate diet is used to correct dysbiosis, SIBO, CFS, ME, and other health problems. A whole food diet eliminating refined carbohydrates and sugar is a healthy diet, but it hasn’t to be an anticandida diet that lack many nutrients. The anticandida diet is a forced diet to eliminate CRC but isn’t an ideal diet to continue with it all your life. It doesn’t mean that you have to run out looking for McDonalds, french fries, and soda.
    I commented his post because who claim “I am feeling pretty good after 3 days of cleansing” doesn’t have this syndrome.
    Nobody with CRC can feel pretty good after 3 days of cleansing , less when the cleanse may cause die-off effect.

That someone may get and feel immediate benefits eliminating sugar and refined carbohydrates and doing a colon cleanse, yes I agree, but it doesn’t mean that person be plagued with a fungal overgrowth.

It is very common for people blame candida for everything. I have see many cases.

Jorge.

Ibiza-Rio

@ Jorge:

Some additional information for you.

I am actually a 24 year old female, who, in the interests of physical appearance and general well-being, already had an extremely healthy diet before I started the Candida cleanse! The only thing I am struggling with cutting out from my diet is fruit! I never had much of a sweet tooth and the only ‘indulgence’ I would allow myself to have was dark chocolate. And I am talking the organic 70%+ variety! The only dairy I would consume was natural greek yogurt and I never allowed myself to eat processed carbs. I actually barely ate carbs at all! A high fibre cereal (with almond milk) in the morning was where it began and ended with carbs for me! The rest was salad, meat (once a huge juicy steak every night until the candida made me intolerant to it) and vegetables.

There is no doubt in my mind that I have Candida because on reflection, every one of my ‘episodes’ of candida were immediately – to a few days following a binge on sugar or alcohol.

I can imagine that if I ate the ‘standard american diet’ and was thus experiencing these symptoms constantly and at a greater severity then my story of my die-off effects would be very different!!

dvjorge
    Participant

Ibiza-Rio wrote: @ Jorge:

Some additional information for you.

I am actually a 24 year old female, who, in the interests of physical appearance and general well-being, already had an extremely healthy diet before I started the Candida cleanse! The only thing I am struggling with cutting out from my diet is fruit! I never had much of a sweet tooth and the only ‘indulgence’ I would allow myself to have was dark chocolate. And I am talking the organic 70%+ variety! The only dairy I would consume was natural greek yogurt and I never allowed myself to eat processed carbs. I actually barely ate carbs at all! A high fibre cereal (with almond milk) in the morning was where it began and ended with carbs for me! The rest was salad, meat (once a huge juicy steak every night until the candida made me intolerant to it) and vegetables.

There is no doubt in my mind that I have Candida because on reflection, every one of my ‘episodes’ of candida were immediately – to a few days following a binge on sugar or alcohol.

I can imagine that if I ate the ‘standard american diet’ and was thus experiencing these symptoms constantly and at a greater severity then my story of my die-off effects would be very different!!

I can not say for sure what is the degree of your infection, if so. What I can say you is CRC (the syndrome) doesn’t manifest that way.
    For instance, when a fungal overgrowth exist in the intestines, it is progressive at least you be taken antifungals. The reproduction rate of the fungus is high and able to invade the intestines very quickly. (the fungal form) The by-products generated by these colonies cause a severe intoxication and symptoms around many body functions such as brain, vision, skin, genitals, nervous system, etc.
    It may possible you have a light case where the fungus are creating problems but still no severe.
    I am not discouraging you to follow a protocol, but I am sure you are not suffering it to the extend many people are (thanks god) and probably, you will resolve your case very easy.
    Jorge.

Ibiza-Rio

Has anyone with candida taken Chloroquine the malaria drug?!? I’m curious to know if my side effects correlate with anyone else’s..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help!! going TRAVELLING in two weeks! Only diagnosed myself a week ago!!’ is closed to new replies.