HELP! Do I have candida??? I don't know what to do!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions HELP! Do I have candida??? I don't know what to do!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sophia 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sophia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

[long post ahead, sorry!]
    First of all I want to say how much I appreciate this page and all the helpful members who offer their feedback- it’s been a wonderful resource! I’m at my wits end dealing with these odd symptoms and would really appreciate any feedback you all have to offer. Understandably, I’m leery of conventional medical advice because I know they probably won’t diagnose the real problem, which, I’m a afraid might be candida overgrowth/yeast? Hoping for some clarification and advice on how to treat it.
    For about 6 months, (sept. to apr.?) I went mostly free of refined white sugar and kept my carbs in check (didn’t exceed 44 net carbs.) My body was really healthy and I didn’t really have any big health issues. Since April I’ve been pretty bad about eating good and have eaten a lot of sugar and simple carbs, etc. (usually 2-3 times a week.) Some days once I got a taste of the sugar, I’d end up having a sugar binge.
    Towards the end of April, my tongue started to get what looked like oral thrush. It was whitish/green and sometimes slightly fuzzy/hairy. It set in on a weekend of travel where I was eating lots of sugary breakfasts, etc. Soon after that, some bumps appeared on the back of my tongue which I’m hoping are just agitated lye bumps due to all the brushing and scraping I’ve been doing!
    Anyhow, the day after the fourth of July, I really buckled down and have not had sugar and always limit my carbs to under 44 net in one sitting (waiting 3 hours btw. sittings.) I have also, as of this week, been taking Chicory Root Inulin as a probiotic, I drink at least 2 T of apple cider vinegar every day, oregano oil, have been coconut oil pulling at least every other day, and brushing my tongue with baking soda, grapefruit seed extract, and Plague defense essential oil (which has clove in it.) and Pau Diarco tea.
    I will post pictures of my tongue in the comments below so you can see the lye bumps? And the thrush?. I would really appreciate your imput on if I do, in fact, probably have oral thrush or if it’s just my tounge reacting/allergies or some other weird tongue thing. In the first picture, I had just brushed with a mix of baking soda, essential oil, and GSE, so it looks nice and red, but as the pics progress you can see it flaring up a bit, the last being right after I had eaten. It seems to flare up about half hour or so after I eat most meals. I did attempt a 3 day cleanse where I only ate eggs, avacado, coconut oil, and steamed veggies. Really simple. Practically no carbs. .. I only got to about 3 on the first day, though! The “thrush?” started to flare up a LOT (maybe due to die off if it is thrush? It could also be the reduction in what I usually eat and practically no carbs. I’m under 20, so my metabolism is pretty good and my blood sugar crashes pretty easily if I don’t fuel myself.) and I was so dysfunctional, I eventually made a shake with 2 T whey powder ( i know, dairy) some unsweetened cocao powder (again… I know.. caffeine ..) and coconut oil with almond milk. The “thrush” immediately subsided and almost disappeared.
    Since then I’ve been able to keep it at bay, eating no sugar, only complex carbs (usually only one time a day and under 44 net carbs) and using the above suplliments. However it still has a “mini flare” after each meal and gets kind of green/fuzy/white toward the back and surrounding the “lye bumps?”

All this to say, I would LOVE and SO APPRECIATE some imput and your ideas on this:
    Do I have thrush for sure?

Does that autimatically mean I have candida overgrowth or yeast?

Does this mean I NEED to go on the candida diet or a cleanse like that, or is what I’m currently doing enough? WHen I look up thrush, most websites just suggest no sugar or bread, but mine seems to be pretty persistent. However, before I do another miserable cleanse, I want to be sure it IS in fact thrush and candida related and that the cleanse will actually eradicate my symptoms, not make them worse. I do not want candida to run my life.

Any imput on the “lye bumps?” I’m quite confident they are just inflamed part of the tounge becuase of the V shape. I looked it up and I guess it’s a common sign of agitation.

Thank you all for reading this and for your imput. I hold you all in high regard and consider you the “experts” in this very difficult and mysterious field. ^_^

Sophia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Do I have candida??? I don't know what to do!’ is closed to new replies.