HELP! carbohydrate addict.

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas HELP! carbohydrate addict.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

amity
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Aloha! I have recently become aware of my Candidiasis– I’ve had the symptoms for months now but have been unaware that such a thing even exists up till now. It’s especially hard because not only am I a college student with an incredibly demanding schedule, I’m a college athlete with an even more demanding caloric and carbohydrate intake.
    I’ve been vegetarian my whole life, but have always relied heavily on carbs, both wheat based and sugar based. I’m a runner, which means lots of pasta, lots of white rice, and all that. However, I just perused the Foods To Avoid section of this website and bam. no more of that, apparently.
    My symptoms have worsened enough that my stomach pain is unbearable at times. I’m more irritable than usual, have chronic back pain, minor thrush, and keep breaking out.
    Please, anything is welcome. Recipes, ideas how to cope, ideas on how to get proper nutrients and enough calories, etc. I’m already a very fit and healthy individual so I’m not really sure what steps I can take. Also, I’m on a college budget, so those super bizarre items found in health food stores that go for 40 dollars a pop are not really within my reach.
    Please let me know how you’ve coped, what you’ve eaten, anything I can do to speed recovery and feel better in the meantime. Mahalo (:

Amity

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Amity. Welcome to the forum.

I hope we can help you cure your infestation, but you have to understand that this will be impossible unless you’re going to listen to what the experts tell you, otherwise, to be quite honest, you’re on the wrong forum and you’re wasting your time.

Those of us who have cured or are very close to a cure have done so by doing what is required by the forum protocol and diet. That’s the bottom line, and to be honest we are not aware of a cure that is possible without this, otherwise, we probably would have used it.

It’s especially hard because not only am I a college student with an incredibly demanding schedule, I’m a college athlete with an even more demanding caloric and carbohydrate intake.

When you type something like that, please try to keep in mind that there are many other forum members; and a mother with several children, a house to run, and a fulltime job also lives a very demanding schedule. You can say the same about a man who works 12-hour days at a demanding and physically draining job and also has a family to take care of among other responsibilities. Being a college athlete during your treatment is your choice and decision, the mothers and fathers with their various schedules have no choice.

I’m known for being somewhat ‘brutally’ honest when it comes to the treatment, which some people seem to dislike about me, but several of us have been through the treatment and we’re aware of what it requires. Also, we are of no help to you if we whitewash the treatment and tell you to continue what you’re doing with a slight change of diet and everything will be just fine. Because the truth is, if being an athlete requires that you rely “heavily on carbs, both wheat based and sugar based” which means “lots of pasta, lots of white rice and all that” you’re probably not going to reach a cure of the infestation, possibly a milder case, but I wouldn’t expect anything more.

ideas on how to get proper nutrients and enough calories, etc.

The protocol and the vitamin/supplement post cover all of that.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Vitamins/Minerals:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Oral Thrush Remedy
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst734_ORAL-THRUSH.aspx

The closest substitute for a carbohydrate food is probably the coconut flour bread recipe the members use.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

I’m already a very fit and healthy ..

If you have a Candida albicans infestation in your body, I’m afraid I have to question that.

Good luck.
    Able

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Amity-

So sorry to “have” to welcome you to this group! 😉 Finding out that you have Candida is a bitter sweet thing! Listen to Able! He’s the man! He can give you so much help that you are GOING TO NEED!!! I think everyone on here probably has asked him a million questions over and over! He is very gracious and will tell you the truth! Which is what we all need to hear! The sooner we get it, the better! 🙂

When I first found out I also had this, it was so very, very overwhelming. It was difficult to try and learn all the new food, and vitamins, etc… But…not impossible!! I was so discouraged, so very discouraged! Not to say that I still don’t have my days, but I am feeling better!

Stick to the diet!! Get the stuff you can eat and have it cut up and ready to go in tubs in the frig. You can put together salads quick and maybe some stir fry stuff.

I make a mixture of coconut/buckwheat flour pancakes. They have been my life saver! A good little snack to have. I hated the coconut bread (brick). It was so dry and yuck, I don’t know how people eat it actually?

Drink lots of water.

I also like Kale the best! So good! Get some garlic and chop it up in a Cuisinart, or good ol’ knife, put some olive oil in it and keep it to use for your cooking (I just keep the container on the counter I use it so much). I use it with Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to make my salad dressing too.

Walmart has olives that are “Lindsay” brand called “Naturals”. Those are really good too, if your body can have them. I also have found coconut milk there in the can. Just coconut milk and water (Asian section). It’s good, and I use it for my pancake mix.

Also at Walmart you can get little Ziplock circle plastic containers that have this little container that snaps onto the lid inside. Put your salad in there and snap on your dressing. Get a little cooler to take around with you. Don’t worry, you’ll just have to get used to it! Not fun, but eating wrong is a worse option!

Anchovies, canned herring, etc…in olive oil, no other stuff added. These are also good. I can’t do any other meat, besides fish and shrimp, which isn’t cheap, so I just use it when I can.

You should also go organic as much as possible, but that’s hard for me, and I’m doing okay. I just stay away esp. from meats and stuff. Eggs, lots of eggs. Which, ah…I don’t like eggs, but I eat them anyway.

All this stuff is on this site. People are helpful and encouraging! Don’t lose heart or get discouraged! The Lord can help you! 🙂

You can make Kale chips, Rutabaga chips, turnip chips, if you want something like that, it just takes a lot of time. But, when you get desperate enough! 😉 I like Kim-Chi, so I make my own. It’s super yum, but I know some people can’t handle the pepper. I also pickle my own jalapenos in the UACV. It’s good with everything. These things can give you die-off, so you have to be careful and test everything!

Hope this helps a little? I sure would have like to find some of this out right off the bat. It’s a learning thing, everyday.

Best of success to you on the diet! 🙂
    Faith

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HELP! carbohydrate addict.’ is closed to new replies.