HELP: advice please?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions HELP: advice please?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I’ve been told I must take antibiotics (clarithromcin) because I’ve split my finger open & shattered the bones. I’m having plastic surgery on it to fix it.

They said if it gets infected I will lose the finger.

I am quite at late stage of treatment & feeling good in general.

Do I up my probiotic & kefir intake & back off on the fresh bakers yeast while I’m taking them? Any other advice?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

benc;43371 wrote: I’ve been told I must take antibiotics (clarithromcin) because I’ve split my finger open & shattered the bones. I’m having plastic surgery on it to fix it.

They said if it gets infected I will lose the finger.

I am quite at late stage of treatment & feeling good in general.

Do I up my probiotic & kefir intake & back off on the fresh bakers yeast while I’m taking them? Any other advice?

Sorry about your finger, Benc, sounds terribly painful.
    I don’t know anything about using baker’s yeast because I never used it during my treatment and I still don’t. Definitely raise the dosage of probiotics, drink more kefir, and stay strictly on the stricter diet. This is the only way you’ll prevent the Candida from reestablishing their hold in your intestines.

Able

benc

Thanks. I will 🙂

benc

It wasn’t actually painful at all, although made me feel pretty light headed when I saw the end of my finger hanging off.

So I had the operation today. I started the antibiotics y’day. Took them with yogurt, then later high dosed on probiotics. Today i’ve taken another high dose and s boulardii (at different times). Stuck to strict diet (plus one organic coffee). I guess I will know this time next week how much damage they have done.

I decided against taking the fresh bakers yeast. I’ve been ok with it, but left me with a bit doubt at a time when I know my gut is going to be at risk.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve chopped my pinky finger off before and it was re-attached, in a few months you will be good to go!

-raster

benc

They said maybe even in 2 weeks. Tbh, my biggest worry is the antibiotic, I can cope with a busted finger, but really don’t want to set myself back. Fingers crossed (or at least some of them).

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I would recommend:
    fermented foods with every meal

Stop taking the yeast, it might fight with the probiotic and make you feel much worse then you need to, start it up again after the probiotics are done

Bone broth, or proper chicken stock to help repair any damage to your digestive tract

more fermented foods

read this article
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/magazine/say-hello-to-the-100-trillion-bacteria-that-make-up-your-microbiome.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I find it particularly interesting what happened to Michael Pollen when he took antibiotics

best of luck to you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP: advice please?’ is closed to new replies.