Help? Able? 9 weeks confused – need advice.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help? Able? 9 weeks confused – need advice.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SueinOz
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

]Hi all,
    A couple of questions left over from my last post, if anyone can help? I don’t know whether to continue with the diet…

I’m still suffering my original symptoms of fuzzy, dizzy head, blocked sticky nose etc. Losing too much weight, not sleeping, and having trouble seeing how the diet is working for me. Happy to go on if I do have candida and this is typical. I know many say it takes time, but [h]shouldn’t I see some indication that things are working? How can I tell?[/h]

Bloating improved with Betaine HCl. Swedish Bitters give me tongue sores. I take enzymes as there is undigested food in stools and they float. My coconut oil and avocado diet is quite fatty but some days that’s all I’ve had. Didn’t think I would need enzymes to digest those two. [h]What do you think?[/h]

Oregano oil, lemon water, coconut oil, and Mega Flora first thing makes me feel nauseous and one morning had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea too, next morning had exactly the same things and same breakfast and had no symptoms at all!

Confused again?[h] Any ideas what could be going on?[/h]

Still confused whether I have die off or just headache from tired, late shift and bad sleep. I really don’t have any die-off flu type symptoms in general. Maybe twice in 8 weeks – since the initial week, which had a bit more flu like stuff.Should I have more die off? I take Silymarin daily which has some Molybdenum with it. Only take the Mb itself if I think I have die off.

Today I do feel flu like and achy. No headache. I increased my oregano and coconut oil this morning with more at lunch time, as a “die-off experiment”. Had 4 drops Oregano oil, 4 spoons Coconut oil. I’m hoping this is die off! I just took some Mb, and Silymarin with Mb, Globe Artichoke and Boldo. [h]I’m thinking that if the flu feeling goes away I have proved it is die off? Does this sound right?[/h]

I’m at a record low weight of 50.5kg/111lbs – I’m 1.7m 5ft7ins. I’m a bit concerned that I am losing so much weight. Even Marathon training has never taken me this low. [h]What can I do to add weight? Be healthy?[/h] Seems like I am starving myself. I’ve only had vegetables, oatbran, chia seeds … chicken, fish, buckwheat, mung bean “pasta”, and not much dairy – bit of yogurt once or twice. Eggs by the barrel load. Avocados by the bucket full. Have had the odd tomato lately, only this last 2 weeks, a couple of green apples, brown rice twice. [h]What to do??[/h]

I would really appreciate any help as I still have my original symptoms. Haven’t noticed any changes except better mood and memory. But that could be the fish oil. 1500mg a day. And I’m a bit confused as mentioned above.

Thanks.
    Sue.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

SueinOz;49086 wrote: [h]shouldn’t I see some indication that things are working? How can I tell?[/h]
    I’ve only had vegetables, oatbran, chia seeds … chicken, fish, buckwheat, mung bean “pasta”, and not much dairy – bit of yogurt once or twice. Eggs by the barrel load. Avocados by the bucket full. Have had the odd tomato lately, only this last 2 weeks, a couple of green apples, brown rice twice. [h]What to do??[/h]

Hi SueinOz, I’m on the strict diet for 9 weeks now. I have to say that I feel already much better than before. At first, I didn’t see much difference either, but since a week or two I feel somewhat better. I see that you are eating a lot of things that should not be eaten in week 9. This could be the cause of your problem. Cut all the diary, replace it with kefir (this is a serious help). You should not eat tomatoes at this stage. Also, cut out all the fruit. All your vitamins have to come from vegetables and supplements. Eating brown rice is also not a good idea.

SueinOz;49086 wrote: My coconut oil and avocado diet is quite fatty but some days that’s all I’ve had. Didn’t think I would need enzymes to digest those two. [h]What do you think?[/h]

I’m not quite sure about this. I usually take coconut oil before a meal (so I take enzymes after taking coconut oil). If I take coconut oil after a meal, it can make me very nauseous and I even have to vomit sometimes.

SueinOz;49086 wrote: Oregano oil, lemon water, coconut oil, and Mega Flora first thing makes me feel nauseous and one morning had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea too, next morning had exactly the same things and same breakfast and had no symptoms at all!
    Confused again?[h] Any ideas what could be going on?[/h]

As I said previously, try to take oily things before or during a meal. It helps for me.
    Ingesting coconut oil makes me retch. So I take it with a lot of water.
    Diarrhea can mean that you body is getting rid of toxic waste, but it can also mean that you have eaten something wrong. (This happens to me when I eat buckwheat.) It is possible that this happens 4 days after eating something that your body does not recognize.

SueinOz;49086 wrote: Still confused whether I have die off or just headache from tired, late shift and bad sleep. I really don’t have any die-off flu type symptoms in general. Maybe twice in 8 weeks – since the initial week, which had a bit more flu like stuff.Should I have more die off? I take Silymarin daily which has some Molybdenum with it. Only take the Mb itself if I think I have die off.

How much do you sleep? Sleep is essential for curing candida. I sleep 10-12 hours a day if I can.
    Do you take antifungals? If yes, which ones?

SueinOz;49086 wrote: Today I do feel flu like and achy. No headache. I increased my oregano and coconut oil this morning with more at lunch time, as a “die-off experiment”. Had 4 drops Oregano oil, 4 spoons Coconut oil. I’m hoping this is die off! I just took some Mb, and Silymarin with Mb, Globe Artichoke and Boldo. [h]I’m thinking that if the flu feeling goes away I have proved it is die off? Does this sound right?[/h]

As long as you don’t feel much die off, you can increase the oregano dosage. 4 spoons of coconut oil isn’t that much either.
    You can also try Brussels sprouts, if you’re not already doing that. This is a great antifungal!

SueinOz;49086 wrote: I’m at a record low weight of 50.5kg/111lbs – I’m 1.7m 5ft7ins. I’m a bit concerned that I am losing so much weight. Even Marathon training has never taken me this low. [h]What can I do to add weight? Be healthy?[/h] Seems like I am starving myself.

Nobody is starving himself here. You should not worry to much about your weight.
    When I started this diet, I actually started to gain some weight. Look around you! A lot of people are complaining about the fact that they have hard time losing weight. You don’t need much to gain some weight. As long as you are sick and not processing your food properly, you will have problems gaining weight. This is why following a strict diet is important. It will eventually make you gain weight.
    Avocados are a good way to do so. Something else you can do is add extra virgin olive oil to your vegetables (it goes very well with broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower). Other ways are eating oat bran, buckwheat and coconut bread IF you are sure that your body can handle these things at that moment.
    Since you have diarrhea I suggest to eliminate these things before eating them again. It is very important to know what you can eat and what not!

SueinOz;49086 wrote: I would really appreciate any help as I still have my original symptoms. Haven’t noticed any changes except better mood and memory. But that could be the fish oil. 1500mg a day. And I’m a bit confused as mentioned above.

My brain fog got much better after taking calcium-magnesium-zinc supplements. I feel like minerals are very important in this matter. I also eat lots of (Himalayan) salt!

Good luck on getting better!

SueinOz
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

Thanks for detailed response The Chosen One. Much appreciated.
    Amazing we are both at 9 weeks!

To clear up what I’ve been eating – no fruit whatsoever, on Able’s strict diet religiously until 2 weeks ago when a cherry tomato slipped in once, and some brown rice twice, I tried home made yoghurt – 2 tiny bits on two occasions, as lactose doesn’t really agree with me. Fish once a fortnight and chicken once a week only in last 2 weeks. This is all on Able’s Protocol. I looked up Mung Beans and they have no starch.

I’ve been living on Able’s green vegetables list plus plenty of Rhutabago, brussels etc… eggs and avocado.

You are correct – I should not have eaten brown rice but I was so weak. Able will tell me off if he finds out!

I am so so thin and weak and all my friends are worried about me. I get thin when I run Marathons but never this dizzy, weak and skinny. I’ve lost 7 and a half kilos and my stomach gnaws away all day wanting food. I’ve always needed carbs to feel satisfied. Protein and vegetables leave me still hungry.

My probiotics are Mega Flora 50 Bill. 14 Strains. Twice a day, morning and night.

I have always craved salt and always have tons, I keep adding more on my food. I use Vogel Herb salt on meals and Sea salt in cooking.

Had an awful experience today: I had my lemon water, with oregano oil – 4 drops, and 3 big tsps of coconut oil and a Mega Flora first thing before eating anything. 1 hour later when I was just about to leave the house, I had severe stomach cramps and dirrhea same as I mentioned happened once before. This time it was so scary I nearly called an ambulance! I went dizzy, had a rushing weird tone sound with the dizziness all in my head and body, my arms ached, I had a severe pain in the back of my head… I tried to get to the phone and my legs collapsed from under me and I was on the floor. Severe cramps again so I had pull myself back to the toilet. This time I seized up and couldn’t move. Thought I was going to pass out and struggled to make my fingers dial my husband. My voice hardly worked. (He came home from work.)I didn’t think I could wait for him but I lay on the bed sweating and freezing cold and I didn’t get worse. I slowly felt a bit better but I’ve been dizzy all day and can’t walk without wobbling and nearly collapsing.
    Now I’m scared to take Oregano Oil. I think like you say it has to be with food maybe so I will try that.

Sleep – Well I was OK before the diet but since the diet my sleep is not so good. I can’t sleep with an empty stomach and always had toast and tea and Magnesium before bed. Now my stomach gnaws and aches and won’t let me relax and sleep. I was taking Adrenotone – Ginseng, Licorice, Withania etc. My naturopath (in 2010)said once that I need it to sleep, as “you have to have energy to sleep” he said I was too exhausted to sleep before without it. (Might not make sense to you but I had it explained scientifically and my sleep has been wonderful for over 2 years) You are not supposed to take ginseng products with vitamin C. So with all the C on this diet I have only one Adrenotone if I remember. Plus I’m doing a few shifts at work now and it’s hard to unwind and sleep on the late finishes. My dizziness does feel like extreme tiredness, but even when I do sleep 8/9 hrs I feel the same. I sleep best from 6 a.m. onward!

Well that’s it for now.
    Still hoping Able will answer my question about how to tell if it is die off. I didn’t get flu so I think all the coconut oil, oregano oil etc is producing die-off.

Soldier on I suppose.

Thanks again.
    Sue.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I always feel really nauseous if I’m having diarrhea and eating coconut oil. What I when this happens is just stop using coconut oil. Fatty things are usually hard to process for your liver. I think it is normal that you have stomach issues if you’re having diarrhea. This is a natural defence mechanism from your body.

Your symptoms seem much worse than mine. You don’t need to rush into the diet. I’d lower the amount of antifungals for now. It’s all about how good you feel with using it.

Wait for an answer from Able. He will know it better.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

SueinOz;49120 wrote: Bloating improved with Betaine HCl. Swedish Bitters give me tongue sores. I take enzymes as there is undigested food in stools and they float.

This description sounds like the results of Leaky Gut Syndrome. Since the Candida are causing the leaky gut, this will only heal after the infestation has been greatly reduced. Wait a few weeks and test the Swedish bitters again.

My coconut oil and avocado diet is quite fatty but some days that’s all I’ve had. Didn’t think I would need enzymes to digest those two. What do you think?

This explains why you’re still losing weight. Read the second part of chapter 2 of the protocol called, “The Problem of Weight Loss.”

Oregano oil, lemon water, coconut oil, and Mega Flora first thing makes me feel nauseous and one morning had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea too, next morning had exactly the same things and same breakfast and had no symptoms at all!

Stop taking oregano oil. Are you saying that you’re taking your probiotic and the oregano at the very same time? This is not the instructions in the protocol.

Still confused whether I have die off or just headache from tired, late shift and bad sleep. I really don’t have any die-off flu type symptoms in general. Maybe twice in 8 weeks – since the initial week, which had a bit more flu like stuff.Should I have more die off? I take Silymarin daily which has some Molybdenum with it. Only take the Mb itself if I think I have die off.

Taking Molybdenum only when you have the symptoms is not the way Molybdenum works. You should test your symptoms to see if they’re die-off related. Take the correct dose of Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate which is 3 pills a day at 250 mcg each for several days straight. You should also be taking Candida by Native Remedies if you have it. If your symptoms improve after taking Molybdenum for a few days, then they were caused by die-off, if not, then there’s another cause.

I’m at a record low weight of 50.5kg/111lbs – I’m 1.7m 5ft7ins. I’m a bit concerned that I am losing so much weight. Even Marathon training has never taken me this low. What can I do to add weight? Be healthy? Seems like I am starving myself. I’ve only had vegetables, oatbran, chia seeds … chicken, fish, buckwheat, mung bean “pasta”, and not much dairy – bit of yogurt once or twice. Eggs by the barrel load. Avocados by the bucket full. Have had the odd tomato lately, only this last 2 weeks, a couple of green apples, brown rice twice. What to do??

Read the second part of chapter 2 of the protocol called, “The Problem of Weight Loss.”

You’re not following the diet as it was written. Please don’t tell me that you only ate “a few bites of each cheat-food” because I really don’t care, but if you’re following Raster’s diet called, “How to Cheat on a Candida Diet” you’re taking the long road to a symptom-free state.

Are you making homemade kefir and drinking it every day? The is one of the main parts of the protocol.

Had an awful experience today: I had my lemon water, with oregano oil – 4 drops, and 3 big tsps of coconut oil and a Mega Flora first thing before eating anything

A perfect example which shows you’re not following the supplement protocol as it was written. If you don’t follow the diet and the protocol as they were written, I can’t help you. Read the first chapter of the protocol.

Sean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help? Able? 9 weeks confused – need advice.’ is closed to new replies.