Help!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wendy_35
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi all

My post is going to be very similar to the others posted recently I guess. I am basically being driven crazy by Candida!

A couple of years or so ago, I was having serious dental issues. I was given a succession of anti-biotics and foolishly didn’t back this up with pro-biotics. Which is why I believe I’m in this mess in the first place!

Anyway, the worst part is that it was only officially diagnosed a month ago. Before that I had spent the best part of 2 years wondering what the hell was wrong with me! I also wasn’t as aware of Oral thrush/candida as I might have been, which hasn’t helped.

It’s taking a massive toll on my mental well-being…as some other posters have said. For the last month I have adhered to the foods you’re supposed to eat, taken the right supplements and pro-biotics. And I don’t feel a lot better really…it’s getting me down very badly indeed.

I get the feeling fixing Candida is anything but a quick fix though? Should I just try and be more patient and see where I am a few months down the line with this? Keep thinking there’s something I should be doing, or something I’m doing that I shouldn’t! Any advice / encouragement / reassurance etc etc would be gratefully received!

Maiscout
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Don’t worry, it will get better! This may not be what you want to hear but I didn’t notice much improvement for the first 10 weeks or so. I am now around 14 weeks in noticing a difference in my symptoms.

What are you doing at the moment in terms of antifungals?

Wendy_35
    Topics: 2

Hi,

Thanks for responding!

In terms of antifungals…I’m taking ordinary garlic, Kyolic garlic, Higher Nature Citricidal Grapefruit seed extract, Oregano Oil, and two lots of something called Candiclear that I picked up in health food shops.

I’m taking all of this basically at the same time. I am now convincing myself that they are all cancelling eachother out or something, as stupid as that sounds!

What helped with you then?

jonjon
    Topics: 0

Hi Wendy. I think you proabably just have to resign yourself to sticking with it in the longer-term; as well as getting to know your own body, and its specifics. In my case, I think I had candida symptoms since I was a child (30 – odd years ago): most of may family have various fungal/thyroid/digestive issues – so it seems a genetic weakness. I had a poor diet since my early teens, plus a very stressful childhood, etc. By the time I was in my late 30s I was collapsing, barely able to hold down a job, never getting any proper sleep, permanently dizzy and spaced-out with episodes of loss of vision, reacting to all kinds of food, etc. I think (and thought at the time) that I was not too far away from dying – I had virtaully every symptom of bad chronic candida overgrowth. I hit on the idea of candida about 4 or 5 years ago, then it was a learning process – trying to work out how to get in control: as I gained knowledge I have got better at understanding what I can/can’t do. For instance, I worked out that strenous exercise/saunas (internal heat) always makes me feel worse – not sure if it’s ‘die-off’ or just shaking my guts up (I had to give up my manual job). It took me about a year to see any real progress in my health and now (after 4 or 5 years) I’d say I’m maybe 70 percent better. I never feel as horribly toxic and depressed as I used to feel more or less permanently – I barely raised a smile for about ten years. I also think I’ll be on a more or less strict diet for the rest of my life – but actually I like it and have lost the taste for sweet stuff; so that’s fine. I do not drink alcohol, avoid all grains except sometimes buckwheat (easily available here in Ukraine); eat loads of garlic and veg as well as salads, meat, fish, etc., have not eaten any sugar or sweetened stuff for 4 years or so. My only ‘sin’ is about 3 coffees a day, but I seem OK with that; plus I am OK on dairy – not mouldy stuff like aged cheese or cheese with fermenting stuff; more fresh cheeses like cottage cheese; plus loads of live yoghurts. The one thing I just could not manage for a long time was coconut oil – I felt absolutely dreadful after eating it. But I’ve managed to get myself onto a few tablespoons of coconut milk a day (the stuff I use is 17 percent fat – meaning oil). I have noticed that after getting over what I think was ‘die-off’ from coconut oil I’ve started adapting to it and I get the sense it’s doing me a lot of good – the other day no candida showed up in a ‘spit test’ and the eye floaters I’ve had basically forever are disappearing. Do check out coconut oil, the lauric and caprylic acid (in the fat) are supposed to be the stuff that helps. I also eat a lot of turmeric (fresh or powdered), plus other spices of all kinds. Anyway, that’s my story – and I guess my point is that you’ll have to make your own journey; but if I can do it, and others with very bad cases, you can too – you’ll just have to stick at it. I see it as a condition I need to accept, and slowly chip away at.

Yuki
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

What kind of dental work did you have done? I’ve had a ton of dental work done recently and surprisingly enough, this could be related to candida as well! In my case I had two old crowns attached to metal posts. Turns out they were leaking mercury into my body and depressing my immune system, which allowed candida to wreak havoc on my body.

Just something to think about.

Donate here to help me get Mercury-free and solve my systematic candiasis permanently! (Even $1 can greatly help my cause!)

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Contrary to what some forums want us to believe, mercury is not a problem for the vast majority of people.

Of course I’m not talking about people in some third-world countries, or those who have been working in the mining industry in the 1950’s. These poor souls actually may suffer from mercury toxicity.

Ordinary people hardly ever suffer from mercury. Mercury levels are simply far too low to be a problem. The occasional fish-lover who eats lots of fish from polluted oceans might have a tiny chance of having accumulated too much mercury. But even dentists who work with amalgams during an entire career hardly have any problems at all.

Specifically, amalgam fillings have no measurable effect on the amount of mercury in the body. This has been proven by biopsies of all major organs, including the brains, of deceased people (who, of course, gave permission for this before they died). These are the most accurate measurements of mercury levels that are possible – yet even these measurements showed no effect of the number of amalgam fillings or the number of years these fillings have been present, and mercury levels in the body’s organs.

This is the very reason why dentists don’t normally engage in removing amalgam fillings. Every needless action on a tooth necessarily causes some additional damage to the tooth. Therefore, removing an otherwise fully functioning amalgam filling is against a dentist’s moral conviction. It’s a practice that’s only being performed by those who value their own wallet higher than their patient’s health.

Now removing an amalgam filling before it has reached the end of its lifespan is one thing – that will “only” cause some additional damage to the affected tooth and it will empty your wallet by a discernible amount – but the victims of the mercury scare all too often proceed with highly controversial practices like chelation. Now that’s something that has a real potential to damage your health long-term!

Please look for the real cause of any complaints you may have. Mercury is a theoretical possibility at best, but it’s a highly improbable one.

Rabelais

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.