Help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

piotrek1933
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Hello everyone. I was always an active individual trained boxing for over 8 year. My typical weight was 85kg at 5″11. About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with H-pylori bacteria. The doctor put me on one week of antibiotics. After few weeks time my symptoms come back and I was put on antibiotics again. My weight was going up and down and I felt constantly ill: anxiety,high acidity, burping, muscle pains. I kept training but my workouts where getting less intense.

In May 2017 I went to the dentist to get my teeth checked. He drilled to deep into my tooth and caused me to have an infection. I was taking another antibiotic for two weeks. He also put mercury filling on the tooth.

In June 2017 I was back to full health feeling good but my stomach was still and issue and I developed an thrush in my mouth and genitals.

In July 2017 I was diagnosed with staph infection so more antibiotics for me. After two week course of the antibiotics I woke up with twitching in my legs, constant fatigue, blurred vision and my thrush got worse. I read a little about candida diet and went cold turkey and cut all my carbs and sugars out from my diet.

My thrush looks like its gone and my genitals improved, my stomach seems less bloated.

Its been three weeks or even longer and this is a short list of foods I been eating: broth, yogurts, turkey, chicken, green vegetables, blueberries…and so on. Today was my first day after a month of the diet to eat something normal it was a tuna, wrap, with spinach and organic mayo.

AS supplements go I been taking probiotics for three days now with multivitamins, I also got oregano oil and black seed oil and I will start this in a week or two.

The reason I am writing is this I get lots of headaches, blurred vision,muscle twitching I do eat but only around 1000cals per day. I lost over 15kgs in 3 weeks time. I purchased a urine test kit which showed me I am in ketosis stage. Could the lack of carbs cause all this? I got my glucose tested today and it was at 7.4. I am scared to become diabetic now or is it the lack of carbs causing all of this with conjunction of the candida die off? Should I just add buckwheat groats to my diet slowly and see if this will improve my symptoms ?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I don’t think that getting into ketosis and losing lots of weight is the point of the plan. The candida diet is a low carb plan, not a no-carb plan! If you’re in ketosis, you need to eat some more carbs. How about introducing some berries, coconut bread, other gluten-free breads.. Also some starchy vegetables like carrots or potatoes.

piotrek1933
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Today I got some buckwheat groans. They seen to go well with me at the moment I still dont eat enough calories. Anyone can suggest me some protein powder which is suitable for candida ? I lost too much weight my muscles keep twitching. My dentist seen my tongue and thinks i got vitamin deficiency now . I got some slow realising vitamins it says I need to take two a day but might up the dose to two and a half. I live in scotland so not much sun here been thinking about going to sun beds maybe one every two weeks to absorb some vitamin D. I take emeprazole for my stomach but since i been taking probiotics by company napiers for past 3 days my stomach feels a little better. Got a CT scan and colonscopy to rule out anything alse. I hope i gain my weight back and my muscle mass goes up This headaches, blurred vision, heart burn been annoying and anexity strucks me out of no where. I can say that my tongue is not fully white coated now and my penis even looks back to normal. I will stay away from yeast and sugar but need to add some grains and more protein to my diet 1000 cal a day is to little but my apetite been off

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I think the vegetables based proteins (hemp, pea etc) are mostly OK. And whey protein is OK too (but not whey isolate). The brand is key – there are lots of low quality protein powders out there with lots of additives. Equally, there are some great protein powders too.

Eating lots of eggs is another way to get protein 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help’ is closed to new replies.