helicobacter pylori – Chronic Candida Cases

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions helicobacter pylori – Chronic Candida Cases

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

West12
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

H pylori seems to be a one of the many causes of Candida and is not really discussed so I though this might bring about a good conversation. Mastic Gum is fairly cheap and I do not see much about that either. This unlike Candida (we all have yeast) can be detected through a blood test.

I became self aware of digestion problems about 4 -5 years ago. Does anyone in this forum discuss H Pylori?

It lowers stomach acid and one of the main causes in Candida. This cannot be resolved by just treating the Candida and when the undigested food run through the body it can start creating allergies and other disorders. Anyone with this fighting Candida will always lose on the diet.

I think most doctors skip this but it can be detected through a blood test. I would not advise anyone take supplements before speaking with their doctor, be very very careful with what you take and look up all the negative side effects.

This is one of the main reasons I think doctors have a hard time helping, f you say hey I think I have something we can’t see/detect or diagnose  realistically how can they help you. If the conversation begins about digestion I think you could get more out of the visit (if you choose to do so).

West12
    Participant

I feel like when you have issues like this the super strict diet may hurt because you already aren’t receiving enough nutrients. Do you guys have a sticky or list of ailments that cause candida for the chronic cases? I wouldn’t mind seeing a full list together common causes for those who cannot get better.

I just find it odd when I google H pylori, diabetes, allergies, HIV or other things allot of candida as the main symptom are up but I have been searching candida for years and I rarely find these things.

It would seem safer to have a list of causes for Candida that can be detected rather than going harder on the diet and harder on your body.

This is really more geared towards the people who just can’t get better with chronic cases, I am in no way discounting any other healing method. I’m actually always afraid to post what has worked for me in fear it would hurt other people or maybe I am not doing something safe for myself.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am pretty sure h.pylori doesn’t cause candida, its just one of the co-infections you get with yeast.  There are many other ones that can be co-infections such as SIBO, strept, parasites, microbes, etc.

In general, the causes are harder to pinpoint.  One of the causes that links almost all of us together is prior antibiotic use.  The antibiotics destroy your beneficial and bad bacteria, and since we have trillions of unique bacteria in our gut, this can cause poor health.  Even if you don’t take them, they are everywhere in our diet, from dairy to meat…we consume antibiotics all of the time unless we choose to avoid them.

Another cause in this is radiation exposure and iodine deficiencies.  If your thyroid is not healthy, then you will get sick because this is the center of your immune system.  Your thyroid can be drained in a variety of ways such as environment but also via lifestyle.  One thing I’ve noticed with most candida sufferers, is they all have a history of chronic coffee consumption.  The coffee drains your adrenals, and when these get too drained, they then drain you thyroid.

There are other causes that I can get into, but relating to the coffee consumption I mentioned above, this alters your body in a negative way by making it more acidic.  A lot of western foods can add towards this pH imbalance as well, and candida can thrive.  I am not saying candida thrives in acidic environments only though, it also thrives in alkaline environment.  The ideal pH for humans is close to neutral and most of us are not pH neutral.  Your kidneys help maintain these levels and thus they can be compromised if there is an imbalance, causing them to work harder and thus not do other important functions such as detoxing toxins, etc.

Additionally, our stomach acid needs to be highly acidic, and if it is not, then this can cause a variety of problems as well.  If the food you eat does not break down via stomach acid, then it will pass undigested and not as broken down as it could be, and this can cause fermentation in the gut.  With fermentation, comes bad bacteria and yeast…it basically benefits the bad guys in our body.

With fermentation can come inflammation.  When the gut becomes inflamed this causes bloating and other malabsorption problems and also promotes a home for the bad bacteria.  Your diet can promote this inflammation too such as via the consumption of coffee.  When this gets pretty bad, you will develop allergies, food sensitivities, headaches, and malabsorption, etc.

This then can cause chronic health problems when combined with the other stuff, creates a complex of health problems that is difficult to reverse unless you get guidance from a professional.  I’ve also been mentioning some of things you said in your post such as getting a full diagnosis, checking out common co-infections, and/or talking to a GI doctor.  In general most people don’t have that much money to afford this kind of care, and thus they look to the internet for help…so hope that explains it.

-raster

West12
    Participant

H Pylori de-acidifies your stomach. That is a whole piece of your post so I’m not sure how you would disagree with me. If you don’t see progress in a year on the diet what is your next step and assessment?

Your body will always have yeast and it should, PH levels and your immune system keep it in check. Once people have a better understanding of the body they can make more sound decisions.  I think your diet can help millions of people re-balance, my post is for the chronic conditions so don’t take it the wrong way.  You probably get more radiation from one day in the sun than a life time of being around microwaves. I do agree on the Ph level since your blood has an inverse relationship to your stomach. The misconception is the inverse where people don’t understand on a macro level the bodies PH levels and how the immune system functions, when the blood is acidic the tissue and other parts are weakened, it grows in the alkaline gut and attacks a weakened body (acidic blood).

Like you said H Pylori is a bacteria that de-acidifies your stomach, Candida can’t create it but can have the same effect and make you more susceptible. I don’t think it matters what came first in the end you cannot cure your Candida without eradicating the Pylori. I found allot of sites that list Candida as a symptom of H pylori but this shows how they can work together and until you cure the pylori you will not be able to have an acidic stomach.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK2437/

I’m going to just keep this post to H pylori, I removed the other stuff I don’t feel comfortable writing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well I agree that h.pylori is a problem and its definitely one of the top things most people should check out.

The diet should help you get there in overcoming it as a problem, but we need to look more broadly imo than just this one bacteria.  Its a complex of problems that is inter-related to other things and causes…and is one part of the puzzle in other words.  I think people should look more broadly at their health and its not just this or that by itself…its a variety of things that are creating and perpetuating the problem.

You’re welcome to write a post that says “it’s not just candida” and link to a bunch of articles and research.  I think this is important to newbies to learn.  I did have something like that at one time I think but it’s been awhile.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘helicobacter pylori – Chronic Candida Cases’ is closed to new replies.