Heavy metal chelation and Candida.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Heavy metal chelation and Candida.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

So…I am not sure why but the link/connection between Candida and heavy metals (mercury) seems a tiny bit under-represented on this site. There are many case studies showing the connection. I had my amalgams removed (safely) last July, I went in to my doctor today and took the DMPS challenge test. I get my results back in two weeks and my level of toxicity will determine how many chelation treatments are needed. My doctor believes that after chelation, my re-occurring candida will go away. I will keep you all posted. Feel free to reply if you are undergoing chelation as well and would like to share your experience.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I agree with you that heavy metals, and especially mercury, are often not given the attention that they deserve. I’ve just finished my 43rd round of chelation and I’m doing a whole lot better now than I was before I started. Besides cleaning up my diet, chelation has been the biggest single thing I’ve done to regain my health. I still have a bunch of chelation in front of me though.

This is the protocol I’ve been following: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

Edit: Ryancrest, I just saw your other thread in which you were asking whether or not IV chelation is a good/bad idea. I can say confidently that you shouldn’t do any IV chelation. IV chelation can be extremely stressful on the body and there’s no reason to take that risk when there are much safer ways to go about chelation. Check out the above link that I posted and you should start to get a much better understanding of proper/improper chelation protocols, proper amalgam filling removal, etc.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Mercury is not a problem for most of us. Only those on a diet that’s high in fish may have slightly increased levels of mercury.

Chelation “just for trying” is dangerous. Chelation means exposing your system to lots of chemicals for a long time. These chemicals burden the liver and the kidneys. They disturb the delicate balance of spore elements. This may lead to the malfunctioning of important enzymes.

Chelation chemicals also deplete the body’s store of minerals. This too interferes with lots of essential biological processes.

Note that chelation is used by doctors – but only in case of a confirmed case of metal poisoning, only under close scrutiny of the adverse side effects I mentioned above, and only for a very limited time. These precautions aren’t just for fun – they are essential safeguards for the patient’s health and wellbeing.

Rabelais

RYANCREST
    Participant

Those are all important points, and points that I am very well aware of and well-versed in. My post is merely to bring attention to the fact that there are a lot of individuals who may never have considered that they may have high levels of heavy metals i.e mercury prohibiting them from getting well and getting their candida levels to normal. I think everyone should have their metal levels checked as many people who have metal toxicity are able to get candida under control after undergoing chelation.

and just a quick note: the biggest source of mercury toxicity is from amalgams, not fish, so you can still have heavy metal or mercury toxicity whether you eat fish or not.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Mercury poisoning is rare. Well, at least in the western world. There are some third-world countries where western shipwrecks are “recycled”, and where western industrial waste is “processed”, where people who do this “recycling” or “processing” are exposed to lots of poisonous heavy metals and lots of other poisonous stuff.

But in the western world, mercury poisoning is rare. If someone has elevated levels of mercury, it’s most probably due to eating lots and lots of fish.

Amalgams do not measurably contribute to amalgam exposure.

There are of course lots of sites that have commercial reasons to make us believe otherwise. Reading such sites is hazardous to your wealth.

As for candida, there’s just no reason why high levels of mercury (which most of us do not have anyway) would benefit candida. This is associative reasoning (which shouldn’t be called “reasoning”, but that’s just my opinion) along the lines of “mercury is bad, candida is bad, therefore mercury and candida must benefit from each other”. It isn’t just silly to follow such associative reasoning, there’s no proof of any link whatsoever.

Please worry only about things that matter, not about rumours.

Rabelais

RYANCREST
    Participant

We agree to disagree. There are many people who have testified about their elevated levels of mercury due to amalgams and I think their experiences and my experience speaks for itself. I’ll leave it at that!

Rabelais
    Blocked

There are “testimonies” online. This illustrates the problem: these “testimonies” can only be found online.

Such “testimonies” are unconfirmed. They do not appear in scientific papers or in other scientific publications. They are personal beliefs, personal convictions.

Some people are really, truely, honestly convinced that their situation improved after having their fillings replaced. That’s what you read in their “testimonies”. Unfortunately, though having your fillings removed might actually help, any improvement occurs for reasons that are unrelated to the removal of the fillings. In reality, no-one has ever been able to show any causal correlation between removal of fillings and health improvement.

Removing your fillings is less risky than undergoing chelation, but it’s still an unnecessary treatment. At best, it damages your wealth.

Rabelais

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Heavy metal chelation and Candida.’ is closed to new replies.