Heartsick

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cat 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cat
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Hello-
    I could use some advice (and maybe just a little venting…)

I have everything set to start my cleanse and have just been waiting for 2 days off from work in a row-this past week I was scheduled with split days off 🙁

I’m finally ready to start this difficult endeavor and have gained so much encouragement from this forum! Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice-you are greatly helping me (a total stranger) and I really appreciate that!

So here is the huge wrench that was thrown into the works a few days ago-
    We had a main water line burst in the wall that separates the bathroom from the bedroom…the plumber had to cut 5 holes into the wall before the issue was found. Both sides of the wall are completely water damaged and now I’m heartsick as I realize the inevitability of MOLD! I grew up in a house that had a huge mold/mildew problem (from a leaky roof) and I know that being exposed as a kid greatly contributed to my candida issues. Our landlord hasn’t followed up with us AT ALL so at the moment I am just spraying Lysol into the open holes and trying to dry everything out with fans. Moving isn’t an option right now unfortunately! Any preventative suggestions?
    Bleach?
    Gasmask?!

Trying not to feel defeated before I’ve even gotten off the ground!!
    Thanks everyone!
    -cat

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to air out your place as much as possible and get it as dry as quickly as possible. You can legally break your lease in most states due to mold being present in a rental. If your landlord doesn’t fix the problem, you can call your local housing inspector and they will give the landlord a warning and possible lein on the property.

-raster

cat
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Thanks Raster-
    That is really good to know!
    Greatly appreciated!
    -cat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Heartsick’ is closed to new replies.