Heartburn has returned!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Heartburn has returned!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

I was thinking yesterday how pleased I was that the diet has improved my heartburn and gastritis. But, suddenly, this afternoon it is back with interest. I’ve tried two new foods over the past two days: a tsp of kefir in the morning and a few mouthfuls of teff loaf at night. It must be one of these. Any guesses which is more likely?

Is digestive soreness always a negative? Is it likely to be a sign that the Candida are having a feed? Perhaps, it’s a sign that my body can’t tolerate either or new foodstuffs?

Frustrating, nevertheless. Teff loaf is rather delicious!

Regards
    Len

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello lmm,

I think heartburn is more related to stomach acid and not candida; however it is something that is a negative food reaction.

Did you make the teff bread yourself or get it from a bakery? A bakery likely used yeast which could be apart of the problem…

-raster

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hi Raster,

No such luck – I made it myself. I suffer from low stomach acid, and it feels just like excess acid – heartburn, stomach pain with some malabsobtion in there. It has flared up, so like you say it must be food related. Is this to do with leaky gut?

My suspicion is that it’s the kefir. I haven’t had dairy for about a year because I struggle with it.

Len

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It definitely could be kefir which contains lactic acid. You might want to consider supplementing yourself with some HCL (hydrochloric acid) which should reduce heartburn and acid and normalize the levels. If you have any skin issues, this is especially recommended. Most people with candida overgrowth also have acid level issues, so its definitely possible.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Heartburn has returned!’ is closed to new replies.