Heart – is this die off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Heart – is this die off?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hello All – sitting in A&E (again!) concerned there might be something dangerously wrong. My heart racing for 3 secs at a time, and it’s only just occurred to me this might be die off. However, today I had colon hydrotherapy, and when the ‘racing’ started happening I searched for side effects, and it said the procedure can cause electrolyte imbalance, which can cause arrhythmias. I should say I also went to a steam room yesterday. I’ve probably overdone it. Not sure if I should be here at all. Perhaps, better safe than sorry.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Len

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Did the colonic do anything to help? This is one reason I’d avoid them. Didn’t they give you any kind of electrolyte supplement or recommend drinking something with magnesium, potassium and calcium and sodium? You might already be low on sodium, since you need to add salt to your food to get any without processed junk in your diet. If you’re eating low-carb, you’re not able to hold onto much water or electrolytes (this is what people lose at the start of Atkins), so you need to replace them regularly.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

This timely post about electrolytes just popped up on a blog I follow. It’s quite interesting, and a good reminder to get your minerals! http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/calcium-magnesium-potassium-co-in-food.html

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Would you describe it as a racing heart or heart palpitations? I had heart palpitations frequently during the die-off period and before starting the diet, but in time it went away or reduced. I sometimes had a racing heart as well which is very similar.

-raster

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

During the cleanse and the first 2 weeks of the strict diet, I had blood pressure issues when I was moving around. My doctor noticed that my blood pressure suddenly dropped when I stood up from a sitting position. I had to move around very slowly so I wouldn’t pass out. I am 3 weeks into the strict diet and I’m able to move around a lot more without my blood pressure dropping. That makes me think that I was just experiencing die-off symptoms. I notice that I do a lot better when I have plenty of fiber in my diet and I’m snacking between meals. I try to eat a little something every 2 hours to keep my energy going throughout the day.

lmm

raster wrote: Would you describe it as a racing heart or heart palpitations? I had heart palpitations frequently during the die-off period and before starting the diet, but in time it went away or reduced. I sometimes had a racing heart as well which is very similar.

I’d describe it as a racing heart, which reduced within 3-4 seconds. Thankfully, it’s gone away now. Perhaps, there is a link with the fact I came off molybdenum for a day, because of stomach issues?

Javizy wrote: Did the colonic do anything to help? This is one reason I’d avoid them. Didn’t they give you any kind of electrolyte supplement or recommend drinking something with magnesium, potassium and calcium and sodium? You might already be low on sodium, since you need to add salt to your food to get any without processed junk in your diet. If you’re eating low-carb, you’re not able to hold onto much water or electrolytes (this is what people lose at the start of Atkins), so you need to replace them regularly.

I think it’s too early to say how helpful the colonic was. The therapist noted that candida was being expelled during treatment, so that must be a good thing. However, it’s a little more risky than I thought. I wasn’t given an electrolyte drink, and this may increase the chances of electrolyte imbalance. In my case, I had blood test done yesterday, and the results showed electrolytes were normal (more evidence for die-off). I hope that this will remain the case through the high green veggie content of the diet (all the drinks I’ve come across contain glucose or dextrose!) It’s also worth saying that I’ve had a little blood, evident during first wipe. It’s not enough that I’m overly concerned, but it’s clear that the procedure can cause some minor tearing.

Regards,
    Len

lmm

liciabelle wrote: During the cleanse and the first 2 weeks of the strict diet, I had blood pressure issues when I was moving around. My doctor noticed that my blood pressure suddenly dropped when I stood up from a sitting position. I had to move around very slowly so I wouldn’t pass out. I am 3 weeks into the strict diet and I’m able to move around a lot more without my blood pressure dropping. That makes me think that I was just experiencing die-off symptoms. I notice that I do a lot better when I have plenty of fiber in my diet and I’m snacking between meals. I try to eat a little something every 2 hours to keep my energy going throughout the day.

I’ve experienced the hypotention to when standing. I find myself getting up as if I were 30 years older! It’s certainly the die-off. It’s also worth making sure you get enough water, because my understanding is that this will prevent low blood pressure, too.

Regards,
    Len.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Heart – is this die off?’ is closed to new replies.