Healing power of the body!?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Healing power of the body!?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    has anyone of you a link to a site or something to read where I can strengthen my faith in the healing power of my body. I noticed that I am loosing the faith into my own body to heal. I remember the time when I got sick, I simply stayed calm in it and knew that the body will just fine manage. I never in my life was trusting much in western medicin or eating a lot of medicin either. I thought the body would take care of it.

I was even so extrem not to use creames in wintertime on the lips because I noticed that the people who did that needed more and more creams. I believed that my body is able to fix that for me and he did.

Now after a bogged down battle of one year. And going even stronger with our diet here I noticed a shift when I see that I still dont improve. I lost faith in my healing and body. Thats not good and I need to get it back.

Able you said some time ago that the human body is a healing machine. Do you have something to read for me to get my faith back in the body?

//Thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Just try reading anything about the placebo effect for examples of how the body is capable of making modern medicine look like a superfluous pharmaceutical and surgical racket.

The body really does have a miraculous ability to maintain itself, but we’ve developed just as impressive an ability in unbalancing it. Do you find yourself feeling stressed, anxious, worried or experiencing any other kind of negative thoughts, feelings, emotions etc? All of these mental states influence the biochemistry of your body, even to the point of changing the state of your genes.

Even if you don’t feel “stressed”, you may be secreting stress hormones, contracting abdominal muscles, shutting down your digestive system, causing changes in your circulation, suppressing your immune system, flooding your blood with glucose or experiencing a whole host of other unconscious reactions every time you worry, feel fearful, get agitated etc. Many of these reactions don’t fare well for candida sufferers and are even implicated in the development of infestations (think of a suppressed immune system and blood regularly being flooded with sugar).

Thomas

Javizy wrote: Just try reading anything about the placebo effect for examples of how the body is capable of making modern medicine look like a superfluous pharmaceutical and surgical racket.

The body really does have a miraculous ability to maintain itself, but we’ve developed just as impressive an ability in unbalancing it. Do you find yourself feeling stressed, anxious, worried or experiencing any other kind of negative thoughts, feelings, emotions etc? All of these mental states influence the biochemistry of your body, even to the point of changing the state of your genes.

Even if you don’t feel “stressed”, you may be secreting stress hormones, contracting abdominal muscles, shutting down your digestive system, causing changes in your circulation, suppressing your immune system, flooding your blood with glucose or experiencing a whole host of other unconscious reactions every time you worry, feel fearful, get agitated etc. Many of these reactions don’t fare well for candida sufferers and are even implicated in the development of infestations (think of a suppressed immune system and blood regularly being flooded with sugar).

I hear you mate and I believe it is true. The trouble is only how to make it alive and functioning. I have the feeling that I am perfectly balanced in my mind when I feel good in my body. Much like the saying in a healthy body is a healthy soul.
    I noticed too the power the chemicals have when they are out of whack. Think about all people who have a drink to relaxes or take drugs. These are powerful chemicals which change the world for these people on the cost of their bodies health. Anyhow they feel great for a moment. For me for the first time in my life the table got turned. I feel the body falling to pieces and I get a stressed out vegetative nervous system with it. Now when I want to calm down, this is stressing too, when I think that stress is not helping.

It much like I tell you that you should sit down and calm yourself and don’t think about ice-cream. Should you think about ice-cream you will get sicker. But if you don’t sit down you are getting sicker too. Now if that’s not stressing you out what is. I tried to calm myself by allowing everything to be as it is. That works when the going doesn’t get too tough. I have hours where the sun is shining down into my darkness, the symptoms are pulling back like the enemy from the font line. Suddenly the weapons are silent and I get a feeling of release. A deep oh, my God so nice can life be. Only for no reason to understand one our later I find myself surrounded by enemies shooting terrible symptoms around. I feel like someone is poisoning me. On that path I lost faith in my body. It feels like a father who hit his kids now and them just so they don’t relax to much and stay on guard.

all the best to you
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings, Thomas

I have to say that I am completely convenienced that the body is capable and in fact is meant to heal itself. However, what most of us do not understand is that “all healing” begins in the mind before it is made physical. The mind is literally the substance of the soul in this human vehicle which allows us to experience the physical form during our earthly journey. The mind is where it all begins. What I am saying is that all of our happiness, sadness, pain, enjoyment, love, hate, anger, contentment, discontentment, joy, and misery are what we create in our minds first. We cannot experience anything as reality without it first taking place in our minds. I’m not saying that everything that happens to us is thought out thoroughly and in detail first, but the reality was in some way born in our minds first.

Your fears appear in your mind first, only then are they transformed into our reality. This means that what you most fear in life, if focused on often enough, will eventually become part of your physical reality. The mind is our most powerful tool, so please be aware of your thoughts at all times. This is what is meant by the quote, “Be in the moment.” Be in the moment by being aware of your thoughts.

Thomas, you’re right about how it seems impossible to not think about something when you’re told not to think about it. But what you can do is to replace that thought with another, that’s very possible. In your case, when you think and put into writing such statements as, “I see that I still don’t improve.” Here you have literally stated a fact, which is that you “do not improve” and that’s really all you’ve stated as far as ‘what is’. What you are focusing on is not your cure and health and not the areas where you have improved, but rather the negative things which remain. So with this thought appearing and repeated enough times, you are creating a continuousness of what has been, and so it remains.

Do not ask for a healthy body, this is stating a fact, the fact being that you do not have a healthy body but that you need one; instead, thank the Universe for the beautiful health which you enjoy each and every day. Replace the negative thought with gratitude. Know it in your mind, imagine what it feels like, ‘see’ it transform into your reality. This is how we will create our future, it’s the way I did it, and it’s the way you can do it as well.

The energy of the Universe which is a part of you is waiting patiently to heal you.

Able

Thomas

Able900 thank you!
    yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I feel that mental health can effect the physical health of the body. If you think toxic/negative thoughts, then this can lead to physical problems with the body as well. You need to change the way you look at things and think as positive as possible.

I was out of work for 2 years and lets just say it was very tough. I was 8 weeks or less from running out of unemployment and my only option at that point was to move home to my parents house. I applied for 3-9 jobs per week and barely any response. I did over 160 hours of training but that seemed unimpressive to the places I wanted to work. Me and my girlfriend were going through a tough time as well and there were not many jobs to apply for across the nation in my field. I sometimes had suicidal thoughts but in general I had a very toxic/negative attitude. I hated almost everyone else because they were successful, being able to afford the comforts of life. I hated everyone else because they were happy, enjoying life to the fullest. I became a sad, lonely, depressed, negative, and toxic person. After 2 years out of work, I nearly went crazy with stress living week to week, dollar by dollar.

I have a feeling this stress and inability to cope with life really played a strong part in why I got ill with candida and my other health problems. I drank a lot, ate a lot of sugar, and smoked quite a bit of tobacco. I simply couldn’t afford to eat healthy so I ate the same thing for almost 2 years straight.

Somehow I got hired at my old job because someone passed away from lung failure. The job list I was on was 2 weeks away from expiring and I got hired somehow. I have no idea how the timing of this happened, but I have a feeling it happened for a reason. Despite getting the job, my attitude was still very toxic…and this didn’t change until the day I did acupuncture. That was about a year ago…and ever since, I have been on a journey of recovery.

During this whole time I had faith that things would get better. I hoped for the day I could afford an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Well, I finally get this ring in the mail today!

If you can afford it, I highly recommend trying acupuncture even just for one time. It could change your brain chemistry and your body chemistry to the point where things turn around for the better permanently.

Hope my story helps Thomas, I know we likely have had similar paths in this process and I just hope you get the strength to get better and then get a job. Think about the things that you want in life and how everything would change if you got your health and a job. Think about all of the things you want to do, the places you want to go, and how you will want to live some day in the future.

Take care.

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There’s really no doubt about the role of stress in illness. It’s all “in the literature” as they say, even though many people seem to view the idea as a bit wishy-washy (until they have a stress-induced heart attack). If you’re interested in learning the details, try reading Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers. Robert Sapolsky is a great science writer and really brings a complicated subject alive. He covers everything from immunity to sex drive.

The most important thing I feel you can discover in solving psychological problems is what Able was saying about living in the moment. What’s happening right now is reality. Worrying about the future and regretting the past takes you away into a different world that may not have any bearing on this one. If you spend a month worrying about something that never happens, you’ve thrown a month of your life away and damaged your body in the process.

Learning to free yourself from the shackles of your thoughts offers complete mental liberation, and all it really takes is a little awareness. Be aware when a thought enters your mind and ask yourself if it’s useful, rational, productive etc. Do you need this thought? Maybe you’d rather let it go and return to life in the present. Your thoughts aren’t you and you can decide whether or not you want to listen to them.

Continually returning to the present in this way is the essence of meditation, and I really recommend even a basic breathing mediation to help you master this idea. In literally the space of a couple of weeks I turned from an irritable stress-head who’d want to punch my monitor every time Windows did something annoying, to someone who takes things as they come. Getting agitated by insignificant nonsense had become a health-damaging habit of mine, but it was only when I become aware of it that I realised how stupid and useless it was, and how easily it could be changed.

A book I really found useful was Rewire Your Brain. It’s kind of a gimmicky title, but it gives a good overview of current neuroscience, and you’ll see how many of the ideas I mentioned above work in practice. Meditation and other techniques like CBT are no longer new-agey hippy stuff. There’s now reams of studies to support them, so please don’t be put off by any preconceptions you may have.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Healing power of the body!?’ is closed to new replies.