Healing leaky gut and candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Healing leaky gut and candida?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Hello!
    I’m new to the forum. My story is…was diagnosed with gluten and a couple other intolerances about two years ago. Stayed off them religiously, then went traveling for a very stressful two months. Still didnt cheat, but was essentially homeless and not eating well. Came home, nightmare started. First started reacting to soy within a month of my return, then corn, beans, quinoa, veggies!! Got to where all I could have without instant fatigue and brain fog (my main symptoms) was eggs and small amounts of brown rice.

My usual naturopath just said stay off what hurts you, but obviously that wasn’t cutting it. Told me to do glutagenics for the leaky gut, which i did, but dont think it helped. New doctor 1 did muscle testing, said parasite, got pooptested and came back with candida. New doc 2 told me to go on the body ecology diet. Ive been on that, plus just finished a round of candidastat (reccd by regular doc, new doc 2said phytostan but its twice as much), plus probiotics (over 100 billion a day, I take 2 mixes), plus hcl and plant enzymes when I feel tummy issues coming on, plus quercitin, plus oregano oil capsules once a day.

I have felt a little die off, but not much. Im having less symptoms as long as Ionly eat small meals, but I feel like not much is really happening on the healing front. I am on day 22. I have also lost 15 pounds since I can only manage 600-800 calories a day with so many veggies and food combining snd all. I eat a lot of bieler broth :p (I am vegetarian, not eating meat again ever, please don’t tell me to…also no dairy).

It kind of feels like I have just a small amount of candida causing a lor of problems.

Can you recommend what would help heal my gut or if there is anything differrnt I should be doing? I can show anyone my food logs on livestrong.com that is interested. I have small amounts of buckwheat and millet and occasionally almond flour, sometimes sprouted then dehydrated pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Otherwise its just veggies and eggs. Have been adding in coconut oil where I can and all foods organic and all water filtered.

Sorry for the ramble, just tired of docs telling me conflicting info and not finding relief. Thank you so much for any help.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How many eggs are you eating daily? Are you eating any high sugar veggies?

-raster

alexalgebra

1-2 eggs maybe every other day…need protein somehow to function. Some meals are 20% starchy veg like red potato (body ecology says they are low enough in sugar) or pumpkin, but have mostly been staying away from them. I’d say maybe 2-3 meals a week a very small serving. No beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, other squash, etc. No peas or legumes either, since I can’t digest them.

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Some meals are 20% starchy veg like red potato (body ecology says they are low enough in sugar)

I don’t think that’s true. Potatoes are going to convert to sugar very quickly – high glycemic index. When you say “red potato” are you referring to a regular potato with red skin? I don’t think there’s anything special about them as far as glycemic index goes.

alexalgebra

Yes, the small red skin ones. I was wondering about that…ive only had them a couple times since starting the diet, and not much at a time, so I don’t think that’s been a big sabotage, just a little mistake.

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

This is so funny that this is the very first post I’m seeing. I just joined seconds ago because I wanted to know whether I can eat goat cheese on the anti-candida diet.

I suffered from leaky gut for years before I knew what it was. Then it was about another 18 months before I came across something that helped. A naturopath recommended a diet for me that included dairy.I told her I can’t tolerate dairy and she suggested goat cheese. Within 1 week of eating fresh, organic goat cheese, my stomach inflammation and leaky gut had improved tremendously. That was 4 months ago. I’ve eaten a small portion, 1 tbl. daily since that time. I did some research and apparently, goat milk molecules are much smaller than cow milk’s. for some reason, goat milk cheese is very good for inflammation (I can’t remember if the same goes for goat milk). I think my leaky gut is gone.

Anyway, today is the second day of a super strict diet to combat yeast, bacteria and fungus. I’m only eating nuts, nut butters (no pistachios for now), green leafy veggies, chicken, fish, water — everything organic. I’m unsure about the goat cheese. Maybe is should
    eat it for the first week or month…? I’m actually a bit scared to stop eating it, since I was taking it medicinally.

Okay, just found this on Livestrong:
    Certain cheeses are restricted on the candida diet. In general, you must eliminate cheeses aged for more than six months. Aged cheeses contain mold that can trigger candida growth, according to the website Candida Solutions. Therefore, all candida dieters should avoid Blue, Gorgonzola, Roquefort and other cheeses containing mold. Most people suffering from candidiasis can eat goat cheese, Feta, cream cheese or Mozzarella without trouble. Use caution when eating aged Cheddar, Romano or Parmesan cheeses, which can cause candida growth.

Great! I’ll stick with a small portion…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

In order to heal leaky gut you need to reduce the inflammation of the gut. A diet that is anti-inflammatory will help this, but so will anti-inflammatory supplements such as fermented cod liver oil (or regular). Additionally, I recommend L-Glutamine to heal leaky gut, 500mg per meal.

If you eat plenty of foods that contain prebiotics (FOS) this will feed the probiotics in the gut; both heal leaky gut. Prebiotic food examples include buckwheat, teff, artichokes, onions, oat bran, etc.

Cinnamon also heals leaky gut, but beware of it because it does damage the liver as well which you need in good shape.

There’s a post awhile back that mentions leaky gut supplements:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3278_Raster-s-Leaky-Gut-List.aspx

-raster

alexalgebra

Thanks! I eat tons of onions, some buckwheat but maybe I’ll add more in.

Is there a brand of l-glutamine you recommend? Do you just mix the powder in water?

Thanks for the help!!

Also just got a colonic and a lot of yeast came out compared to the last…guess im doing betterthan I thought! Must be patient…..

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

I tried l-glutamine, aloe, teff, and a bunch of other stuff. Nothing helped but the goat cheese. But hoelfylly, your experience will be different.

alexalgebra

I hope! I hate goat cheese :p Dairy and I are just not friends (not because of health, just…ew, LOL! It’s a stretch for me to be non-vegan enough to just eat eggs.)

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

raster;32263 wrote:

Cinnamon also heals leaky gut, but beware of it because it does damage the liver as well which you need in good shape.

Really, how so?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Healing leaky gut and candida?’ is closed to new replies.