Having trouble getting enough calories

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Having trouble getting enough calories

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JonesTown
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I’m 23, 5’5, 103 pounds, should be 118. I’m sensitive/intolerant/allergic(?) to avocados, coconut, and nuts. Even coconut oil gives me a reaction, and it’s not die off. Quinoa goes out the way it came in and I’m thinking it might be better to avoid grains in general for leaky gut. I’m fine eating 1 serving of meat a day, but I don’t feel well if I eat more than that.

My current diet is as follows

6am: Chia seed porridge 300cal
    7am: large salad with olive oil 230cal
    12pm: large salad 230 cal with chicken or salmon 400 cal
    6pm: large salad 230 cal

Total: 1390 calories

Any suggestions how I can get that up to 2000 cal? I’m losing weight and I’m worried I might do some serious damage to myself if this trend continues! All help appreciated thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to eat way more food, this isn’t good enough. Look at the pumpkin pie muffin bread and the other breads. Look at buckwheat; it comes in 3 ways, the groats (similar to rice), cream of buckwheat (similar to oatmeal), and flour (for baking). Get something like a nutribullet and start blending your veggies and a bunch of stuff together. Get into soups and freeze them and there you have dinner or lunch every day of week/month. Look at dishes from africa, china, italy, greece, morocco, etc., these foods typically have safe recipes if you avoid the bad grains or sugar.

I also would look at trying out teff and making teff bread which has great nutritional and weight gaining properties.

If you stick with your current diet its not going to work out as you may know…

I would even consider trying out beans…

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Having trouble getting enough calories’ is closed to new replies.