Haven't left house for a year please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Haven't left house for a year please help!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Alice99
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

After no luck with doctors, I came across this website and thought it was worth a shot. to my surprise when I went on the detox I had major die off and my symptoms started to improve rapidly I was hopeful for the first time in a year. However as soon as I went on to phase 2 of the diet my symptoms returned but I did see that sometimes symptoms can comeback as part of the die off however nearly 3 months later the symptoms still haven’t improved like in the first week. I thought that I would go back to the detox and start fresh which I did but nothing happened no die off no improvement nothing unlike the first time.

Can anyone help I haven’t left the house in a year because of these horrible symptoms I’m only 19 and really would like some advice my symptoms today are worse. I only ate the foods from the yes list so I’m not sure why my symptoms came back worse 🙁

I’ve been taking anti fungals and probiotics and other supplements the books suggest any advice

Last Legs
    Participant
    Replies: 22

“After no luck with doctors, …”

Even though quacks are the lowest form of life, I have heard of people with candida problems who have actually benefited from seeing them. Find a doctor who has experience treating it. Trying to cure oneself involves as much blind luck as it does willpower. And the illness diminishes our intelligence, making it that much harder — if not impossible — to figure things out on our own. I suggest you do extensive internet research about doctors in your region, and then call their office and ask questions to see if they sound like they truly understand candida. Even if the doctor was a three-hours drive from you, it’d be worth it. If you follow the doctor’s protocol and don’t notice any improvement by four weeks, drop him like a hot potato and find another. This medical condition is only going to make life more painful the longer you have it.

RedSky
    Participant
    Replies: 23

Depending on where in the world Alice is being able to find a doctor can be as easy as you say, ringing around a few, or near impossible. But yes it’s the first thing you should try to do, Alice. I say this as I’m practically trying to treat this alone, I’ve seen plenty of health care practitioners, nurses and doctors and the most helpful one told me to google the candida diet and follow it. The rest are next to useless.
    I’m in the UK and whilst the NHS is brilliant for emergencies it is pretty crap with ‘low grade’ stuff like occasional joint paint, lethargy, rashes etc and even blatant candida.

If the symptoms restarted when you when to phase 2 then I think maybe you didn’t get rid of all the candida in your system and need to redo the cleanse and phase 1, this time sticking to phase one for longer. Good luck

Alice99
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! I live in the uk and I can’t seem to find any doctors that treat candida so I am really not sure what to do? I spoke to my doctors about candida and they laughed at me saying that this disease doesn’t exist. I have no idea where to go from this:(

Alice99
    Participant

Thank you RedSky for the reply I also live in the UK. Have you found any doctors that treat candida because I haven’t found anyone. I did go back on the detox/phase 1 again but it did nothing. I think the candida must be resistant to the Apple cider vinegar drink I’m not sure. I have seen multiple doctors private and on the NHS they just keep passing me from person to person because none of them know what is wrong even though i showed them this they just laughed at me. How are you treating it and is it getting better for you?

Last Legs
    Participant

I’m just throwing this out there, but you might try not eating any animal protein for two weeks. The ammonia it creates when being digested feeds the yeast. This is a problem for some people and apparently not for others. I’ve read that vegan diets can actually cause candida, so it’s nothing I’m that enthusiastic about, at least as a long-term lifestyle.

Look at this thread and decide for yourself:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/animal-protein-16/

Alice99
    Participant

Thanks for reply I haven’t eaten meat for over 2 weeks but drink kefir and eat eggs and bone broth. would that effect it?

Last Legs
    Participant

Thanks for reply I haven’t eaten meat for over 2 weeks but drink kefir and eat eggs and bone broth. would that effect it?

I don’t know. I’m allergic to eggs and I’ve never consumed kefir or bone broth.

RedSky
    Participant
    Replies: 23

Alice I have had similar with my GPs, seen a few of them. Last one has finally referred me to gynaecology as I tend to get frequent overgrowths down there and seem to almost have an allergic reaction to it or something. Not sure. All tests have come back as candida and I did see a nurse who recommended a candida diet since the prescriptions weren’t working but she had only heard about it and sat with me googling for suggestions. We found this site and so here I am. She’s been the most helpful. Still waiting for my gyno appointment but not sure how helpful it will be as I now know it’s a full body issue (realised it’s probably not eczema on my scalp, and it’s in my mouth so most likely also in my digestive tract).

Diet and having my contraceptive implant out seems to have helped. Apple cider vinegar and Epsom (or any salt really) baths also helped including soaking my scalp and washing my hair with it.

Garlic seems to be the best antifungal for me, but my stomach struggles to tolerate a large amount of it.

Bone broth and kefir should be helping, I struggle with eggs (seems common) but they shouldn’t be making it worse unless you’re eating lots. I’d stick to no more than two a day and have a day off every now and then.

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

I agree with RedSky try the phase 1 again. Pay extra to healing your gut during that time. So I had Igg testing done for food intolerances, and all of the high ranking ones that made sense I eliminated for more than 2 months. The rest rode it out for a month and added a new food every week. I genuinely believe that once we start feeling good we forget about the lining of the gut that needs to be repaired. When the integrity of the mucosa is still compromised or is continuously compromised it will set of the alarm that theres an intruder hence the reactions. Die off, thats when you get so sick you can barely stand like getting the flu times 10. I believe die off is a myth, and what people confuse it with is a flare up. Often times when we feel better we don’t cling to what we are doing or stay there because we are advised to move on ahead of time. I believe phases shouldn’t be timed honestly. True Candida suffers know that it all varies case to case and successful stories almost always state they don’t follow protocols, blogs, or internet doctors. I mean I agree my 1st attempt was following an Aip diet and I was in more pain than ever. Turns out I could have eaten more had I not been afraid to. Listen to your body tune your ears to hear it loud and clear. If your going at this alone. Testing is everything.

Best of luck

Alice99
    Participant

Just incase anyone is interested or following this, I have finally found a doctor in the UK that deals with candida. I’m going to be tested for that and a few other things like parasites etc. I am sure I have candida as it did start to go away in the detox stage but has returned full force since and will not budge. Im hoping this new doctor will help me.

Thanks for everyones replies and own personal stories make you feel a little less alone in this.

Nia
    Participant

Be sure to get checked for SIBO…. trust me on this…. I have not understood by I do not do well off my meds turns out i’ve got the methane producing bugs with candida they go hand in hand.

My doc suspected it from the start but like an ass i didn’t listen to herm look at me now… lol

Last Legs
    Participant

Good luck with your doctor. I hope he or she knows how to treat candida. I’ve seen doctors that believed I had it, but were unable to help me.

Nia
    Participant

Oh man I’m sorry to hear that. You could always test on your own for some reason I never wanted to believe I had it. I was so dialed into the Candida, but the whole thing makes sense. Feel better is just the beginning.

Sadly we live in a very toxic world all the way around. I hope I can adapt and evolve so I can pass those genes on to my children. That would the ideal thing to build up the immune system to be normal. I would have never though it would be like this for me.

I look at it as being a game changer, I’d rather be sick upfront than rotting quietly on the inside. My father never got sick but when he hit 70 it was over for him everything went. My explanation for that is there are 2 types of immune systems openly suppressed and secretly suppressed by far his kept him going a while.

We should only hope to be healthy and live happy lives right?!

Well I wish you all the best with your journey keep me posted. I know you will get there

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Haven't left house for a year please help!’ is closed to new replies.