Have my choices led me to a Candida infection?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Have my choices led me to a Candida infection?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

eric2032
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

This is a pretty long story so i hope it doesnt bore you to tears.

About two years ago i got really sick, and i mean REALLY sick. This was likely due to me generally beating on my body, messing with body building supplements, hormonal products, eating a generally terrible diet and working out / not resting enough (talking 5-6 hours a night here) I also used to drink energy drinks like they were going out of style so you can generally see how much i ran myself down.

I broke out in a head to toe rash, mouth full of cancre sores, swollen tonsils, could barely breathe or swallow. Things got really bad. The doctors werent sure what it was but they put me on a month long dose of prednisone and anti biotics. After i healed up, things were mostly fine but i knew something was off. I started getting run down and sick more than i ever used to, and it was more pronounced after drinking alcohol. Finally i started eliminating things like wheat, grains, dairy, corn, soy, chemicals, all of the garbage and i stopped getting sick. Great, i figured out what it was so i thought, but now here we are, two years later and im still not doing so well.

Basically my diet consists of strictly meat and vegetables. I follow a paleo style diet which is more or less on the same level as the candida diet minus all of the sugar. What i noticed was is i react HARD to sugar and carbs. And the reaction is almost instant, i get instant brain fog, heavy heavy head pressure, it gets hard to think and talk its like im in a fog and it lasts for a few hours until it passes and im left with just day ruining fatigue. This even happens when i drink or eat things that are heavily processed or contain chemicals, things like Tap water can bother me.

So my questions are:

– When you guys react to foods, is it instant or do you have delayed reactions. What are your symptoms?

– Does this sound like candida? Ive noticed that Following a strict candida diet and removing sugar has helped me immensely. Im even currently in the middle of a cycle of candida enzymes, coconut oil, and anti fungals which is giving me huge signs of die off.

– Can my lifestyle decisions (stimulants, hormones, bad diet, and the one cycle of anti-biotics and steroids) lead to candida?

– This is the most important question. Why upon removing my known allergen sources did i suddenly become hyper sensitive to sugar / chemicals / carbs. Why would it happen after removing things? This is the one thing im hung up on specifically.

There you have it guys. mind you i have been treating my symptoms this entire time with little to no measurements of success. I treated my adrenals for awhile thinking the stimulants had fizzled them out some how. I treated my wonky hormone levels and sex drive with DHEA and Pregnanalone. I tried fixing my immune system using Colostrum powder and Trasnfer factor. And here we are back on candida thinking this might be it. So what do you guys think? does it sound like candida to you?

Oh and for the record, i have gotten all major forms of blood work done with various doctors over this time period. Including general practioners, endocrinologists, 2 different allergists, and a urologist, all saying there is nothing wrong with me and i should be fine. So i have an appointment with an alternative wellness clinic to get a Complementary Digestive Stool Analysis done, since the people on the phone also thought it was candida.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Please help 🙁

– Eric, 25 years old.

MZHenry
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi Eric,

I am so sorry to hear about your illness and I am no expert because I am new and looking for answers just like you but I can answer 1 or 2 of your questions.

My reactions are usually shortly after eating whatever I am allergic to. When I eat anything containing soy, within the hour my lips would develop allergy bumps. When I ate wheat and gluten products, my reactions would be pretty much instant and usually my facial rashes/bumps would appear the next day or later on in the day (depends on when I ate the food).

In terms of your lifestyle decisions, I can’t say for sure if it lead to candida but I do know with me, my allergies and all of my other issues only started after taking bc pills for 1.5 years and antibiotics (twice). I also ate horribly and didn’t exercise that much because I was naturally skinny.

I hope you find your answers soon!

eric2032

Hey MZHenry i appreciate the reply!

See when i saw the individual allergists they both told me that what im experiencing isnt Allergy related, so im at the wrong place. These were both doctors at the heads of their departments at separate university hospitals.

I basically handed her my co pay and had her tell me to go kick rocks.

I basically wanted to do this post to see if anyone has similar symptoms since im basically wasting my time trying to do this through the medical route here 😐

this has been so long and drawn out i just really want to get my life back.

MZHenry
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

eric2032;38852 wrote:

“I basically wanted to do this post to see if anyone has similar symptoms since im basically wasting my time trying to do this through the medical route here 😐

this has been so long and drawn out i just really want to get my life back.

I completely feel your pain. I am now doing the cleanse and I feel so weak and frustrated. I too feel like my life has been taken away and even my friends say it to me. It sucks seeing them eat everything under the sun and I can’t eat anything at all so until my cleanse is over and until I can handle the diet I will have to be a tad anti-social.

I also understand your frustration with the medicinal doctors. I have been there too…kinda seems like they don’t listen to you at all. They just care about the money. Stay strong and try the candida diet. In my opinion, you have nothing to lose and if it works, you can slowly get your life back but this time you’ll be much better at eating healthy.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Eric,

To answer some of your questions:

1) When you guys react to foods, is it instant or do you have delayed reactions. What are your symptoms?

We all have different “reactions” and it varies from person to person. For me, I had immediate symptoms ranging from ringing ears, heart palpitations, tremors, twitching, muscle spasms, and headaches to the leaky gut “burn symptom” I’ve described on the forum over and over. Basically the burn symptom feels very similar to the “indian rug burn” (also has different names depending on where you live) but it encompasses my whole body and I feel like I’m on fire. Thomas, another forum user, described it as “ants underneath the skin.”

There’s a ton of other symptoms and its been awhile since I looked at a list but it can include irritability, fatigue, breathing problems, inability to go to sleep, blood pressure issues, etc.

2) Can my lifestyle decisions (stimulants, hormones, bad diet, and the one cycle of anti-biotics and steroids) lead to candida?

Antibiotics alone from this list can cause candida and Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who has ever taken antibiotics likely has a gut flora imbalance. Antibiotics stand for “against life” and destroy both the good and bad bacteria in the gut. Some of the good bacteria may never come back because we have trillions of organisms and bacteria in our guts…

3) This is the most important question. Why upon removing my known allergen sources did i suddenly become hyper sensitive to sugar / chemicals / carbs. Why would it happen after removing things? This is the one thing im hung up on specifically.

These are liver symptoms at one level, but here is the way my naturopath looks at it. If you have a cesspool and throw more crap into it, will you notice it? No you won’t. If you have a swimming pool and throw crap in it, will you notice it? Yes you will. Your body is becoming more like a swimming pool and thus you become sensitive to anything that makes it dirty. If you are a cesspool, you won’t notice the same effect.

Based on what you wrote it sounds like you could have leaky gut syndrome which is intestinal permeability of your intestinal walls. Basically these holes develop from candida putting roots in the walls and particles can enter your bloodstream causing your body to defend itself. The single easiest way to heal leaky gut is to reduce the inflammation of the gut and this takes a long time from my experience. Additionally, specific supplements can heal it as well.

Alternatively, you could have a histamine issue and this can be cured/reduced with vitamin C and other supplements. This can get tested at most doctor’s offices…

If you have h. pylori or SIBO(small intestine bacteria overgrowth) these both can give you symptoms similar to candida allergic reactions or leaky gut. Both of these can be tested at doctors offices.

Also check out the candida symptoms list:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

To answer your question about reactions – I have candida with leaky gut and get a very similar brain fog reaction to what you described when I eat something that triggers my leaky gut.

eric2032

Thank you all for posting, i really appreciate you sharing me what youre reactions are like and i have a question. Does anyone know what happens when candida get fed? For instance, since ive had a range of symptoms for so long, im going to assume the candida has gone systemic. Maybe the reason i react to carbs, and especially sugar so hard is because im feeding the candida? I wonder if upon feeding something gets released into the blood stream by them, some kind of waste product.

Because i tell you what, following the candida diet and more specifically removing carbs and sugar from my diet have given me HUGE improvements on my day to day

Let me know what you think!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

It’s really difficult to tell the difference.

For me, I know instant brain fog/fatigue is probably a leaky gut reaction and if I have fed the candida, I get a more delayed reaction of bladder pain and anxiety. But that’s not all and those aren’t always the case…it’s hard to know :p

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

eric2032;38943 wrote: Maybe the reason i react to carbs, and especially sugar so hard is because im feeding the candida?

I’m not going to say that you don’t have an allergy to these foods, because that’s possible.

But what I can tell you is that every time you eat these foods, you’re feeding the Candida, and this leads to an increase in the number of
    total Candida. When you increase the population, naturally the symptoms are going to increase as well.

We have a forum diet as well as our own protocol, if you want the information on these let me know.

Able

eric2032

Able900;39006 wrote:

Maybe the reason i react to carbs, and especially sugar so hard is because im feeding the candida?

I’m not going to say that you don’t have an allergy to these foods, because that’s possible.

But what I can tell you is that every time you eat these foods, you’re feeding the Candida, and this leads to an increase in the number of
    total Candida. When you increase the population, naturally the symptoms are going to increase as well.

We have a forum diet as well as our own protocol, if you want the information on these let me know.

Able

I would love any information you have, seriously thank you.

See the thing about the whole food allergy / intolerance thing is that historically ive only been sensitive to dairy, since i was a kid. But at the worst i would get a stomach ache, the runs, and then carry on with my day. i was allergic to nothing else and ate literally EVERYTHING to meet my calorie requirements for body building with no issues. Up until this whole thing happened i was literally 100 percent fine.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

eric2032;39008 wrote: I would love any information you have, seriously thank you.

See the thing about the whole food allergy / intolerance thing is that historically ive only been sensitive to dairy, since i was a kid. But at the worst i would get a stomach ache, the runs, and then carry on with my day. i was allergic to nothing else and ate literally EVERYTHING to meet my calorie requirements for body building with no issues. Up until this whole thing happened i was literally 100 percent fine.

I’m going to explain Candida allergies to you the best way I know how.

Not everyone, but a lot of Candida sufferers have at least a mild case of Intestinal Mucosal Permeability, also known as Leaky Gut Syndrome whether they’re aware of it or not, because that’s what the Candida do, they attach to and then root into the intestinal walls causing permeability or a “leaky gut”. Because of this, a Candida-related allergy is not a normal food allergy. These allergies are not caused by the specific foods themselves, but by the leaky gut allowing undigested food particles to be expelled through the damaged areas of the intestines straight into the blood stream. The longer you have a Candida infestation in the intestines, the better the chance of acquiring leaky gut sydrome.

When these “undigested” food particles, such as undigested proteins escape through the leaks of the intestinal wall into the bloodstream, the immune system sees them as a threat, or in other words, as attacking antigens; and these result in food sensitivities.
    So as you can see, it’s not a matter of simply becoming allergic to a specific food, it’s a matter of every food you eat potentially leaking into the bloodstream and therefore becoming an antigen to which the immune system will respond with an allergic reaction. In other words, the higher the number of foods you eat, the higher the risk of many different food allergies because, with a leaky gut, every food has the potential of leaking into your bloodstream. Some people with leaky gut believe that alternating the foods gives you less of a chance of acquiring an allergy, but if you actually have a leaky gut, you still have the potential of becoming allergic to whatever food you’re eating.

Check your inbox on the forum for the diet and protocol information.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Have my choices led me to a Candida infection?’ is closed to new replies.