Have I finally found a cure to all my health problems?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Have I finally found a cure to all my health problems?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fredsenra619 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

I heard about the candia/yeast buster diet for the first time a few months ago from some girlfriends who did it for about 1 month or so. I was curious and asked a bunch of questions. Then I started doing research and found this site and I said to myself, What have I got to lose? Another 10 years of feeling crappy? I don’t think so. I must add, I’ve also read The Yeast Connection by William G. Crook. It is a must for anyone doing this diet!

Here a bit of my history:
    As far as I can remember, I’ve been treated with anti-biotic for everything and anything when i was a child. When I started dating my first boyfriend in 2001, I started taking birth control pills and within 3 months, the symptoms started to appear. I had Vulvodynia but of course I only found out what it was many years after. In the following years, I tried changing pills 3 times, even tried the Nuvaring. Finally in 2009, I just stopped the pills altogether and within a month, the symptoms started disappearing. It wasn’t until then that I realised that my body was obviously reacting to the hormones. Also, by then, my weight gain was also out of control.

In 2005, hay fever and cat allergies appeared. In 2007, I was officially diagnosed with Celiac disease; it took about 1 1/2 year of different testing and different Dr. to figure it out but who knows how long all of it started?!

Needless to say that all this affected greatly my relationship; which ended in March 2010. It was time I took my health into my own hand. I started making healthy food choices, exercising and started seeing a Naturopath, since my family Dr. was NO help at all.

When I met my current boyfriend, I restarted the pill and the symptoms came back right away. I stopped them after two months. No way was I going through all that again and ruining another relationship. But even though, I stopped the pills, I still had the other symptoms, always tired, acne/hives, itchy throat/running nose, often moody, horrible sweet cravings, tummy aches, etc… even If i was following a gluten-free diet to the letter. Up until last week, I just felt like I reacted to EVERYTHING I ate.

The book that I mentioned on top basically describes it as “feeling sick all over” which is how I felt every day. Since 2010, I’ve lost 63 lbs and I exercise regularly and I’m hoping to lose another 20-30lbs. So now, some people would say I should feel amazing, well I just don’t. Clearly it’s a sign that something is wrong!

I’m on day 6 of this diet and I must say, this last week was hard. The die-off symptoms where just plain mean. I went out to purchase Milk Thistle on day 4 and it has help a lot. I met with my Dr. on day 2 and told her about all this diet and she basically brushed it off and said she didn’t believe in anything she didn’t learn in her practice. My Naturopath has been an amazing help so if anyone is in a similar situation with your family Dr., I suggested find a local Naturopath! They are more than willing to help and they are open-minded!

Now, before I started doing the diet I was regularly going to the bathroom but since I started adding so much fibre with the detox drinks and the veggies, I haven’t been since it’s created a blockage. All week, I felt bloated and really gassy which was super uncomfortable. I decided to reduce the detox drinks to 1 a day and increase my water intake, even though I was drinking plenty before.

I’m still trying to find a menu that works for me. Baking isn’t a problem and working with the different flours as been really easy since I’m Celiac and most of the bread/flours that you have to cut out, I didn’t have in my house anyways. I use to eat my fruits for breakfast and my morning snacks, that is what I’m having a hard time with. I don’t really crave them, I just don’t know what to replace them with, I find it weird to eat veggies for breakfast, and I feel like I’m eating a whole lot of carbs then I should.

Regardless, I’m positive I will find balance and this diet is finally the cure to a healthier me and I can’t wait to feel normal again!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. – Confucius

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I use to eat my fruits for breakfast and my morning snacks, that is what I’m having a hard time with. I don’t really crave them, I just don’t know what to replace them with, I find it weird to eat veggies for breakfast..

Are you eating avocados? This is a fruit which is acceptable for the treatment. I used these as my regular fruit substitute throughout the treatment.

and I feel like I’m eating a whole lot of carbs then I should

Are you saying that you believe you’re eating more carbohydrates than you should? What carb-laden foods are you eating?

Glad to see you’re improving.
    Able

BellusStella

Able900 wrote:

I use to eat my fruits for breakfast and my morning snacks, that is what I’m having a hard time with. I don’t really crave them, I just don’t know what to replace them with, I find it weird to eat veggies for breakfast..

Are you eating avocados? This is a fruit which is acceptable for the treatment. I used these as my regular fruit substitute throughout the treatment.

and I feel like I’m eating a whole lot of carbs then I should

Are you saying that you believe you’re eating more carbohydrates than you should? What carb-laden foods are you eating?

Glad to see you’re improving.
    Able

Yes, i eat a lot of avocados! I have to stop myself from eating them every day lol

As for the carb portion, so far, i’ve baked the coconut bread twice, buckwheat pancakes twice and zucchini muffins. I also do brown rice, oatmeal and quinoa (not everyday). i also eat a lot of the Mary’s Crackers.

I try to control the portions but i just feel like i eat a lot. Almost every time i go to the kitchen, i sneak a piece of the coconut bread or when i baked the zucchini muffins, i think i ate 5 in 2 days. I also exercise 4 to 5 times a week so i need food to sustain my workouts and i find if i dont eat carbs, i dont stay full as long.

Another thing that worries me are food allergies. Since i’m Celiac, the last thing i need is to have to cut out a food group. I eat a lot of nuts as well so i need to figure some sort of calendar and rotate my food every 4 days or so, but its hard when im so limited in what i can eat!

As for a little update, i decided to stop the drinks on this website and purchased the yeast buster kit; im now on my second week. The worse of my die-off symptoms is the depression. My boyfriend was watching an episode of Scrubs (a baby episode) yesterday and i thought I was going to start crying! LOL I had to get up and do something else to change my mind.
    I started doing Bikram (Hot Yoga) last week and it has help greatly with the die-off but the days i’m not doing the yoga are the worse.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I’d stop eating the oatmeal, because it feeds your candida. Also the crackers that you are taking, is there no yeast in it?

BellusStella

Chris24 wrote: I’d stop eating the oatmeal, because it feeds your candida. Also the crackers that you are taking, is there no yeast in it?

What does Oatmeal contain that feeds the candida? Too starchy?
    The crackers are safe, they dont have any yeast! Mary’s Gone Crackers

Another problem that I seem to have is lack of a proper sleep. I try to get at least 7 hours every night but wake up a lot and toss and turn. However, i have no problem getting up when my alarm goes off. YAY for no more sluggish/groggy feeling in the morning! But the lack of proper sleep gets to me by Wednesday :/

Able900
    Spectator

I also do brown rice, oatmeal and quinoa (not everyday). i also eat a lot of the Mary’s Crackers.

The brown rice is feeding the Candida (it’s a starch regardless of its color,
    Candida can thrive on starch).

Why type and brand of oatmeal are you eating?

The crackers also contain brown rice.

Note: I’m not telling you that you need to stop eating this but only that, if you’re unable to cure your infestation, this is more than likely the reason only because you’re feeding the Candida every time you have the rice.

As far as sleep is concerned, an herb by the name of Ashwagandha usually helps this.

Able

BellusStella

Able900 wrote:

I also do brown rice, oatmeal and quinoa (not everyday). i also eat a lot of the Mary’s Crackers.

The brown rice is feeding the Candida (it’s a starch regardless of its color,
    Candida can thrive on starch).

Why type and brand of oatmeal are you eating?

The crackers also contain brown rice.

Note: I’m not telling you that you need to stop eating this but only that, if you’re unable to cure your infestation, this is more than likely the reason only because you’re feeding the Candida every time you have the rice.

As far as sleep is concerned, an herb by the name of Ashwagandha usually helps this.

Able

ah makes sense. Ill do my best to cut out as much as possible the rice in the next few days and see how that goes. Any suggestions of what I can replace it with? I’m guessing if i cut it out for a few weeks, then i can slowly reintegrate it afterwards?

I eat Bob’s Red Mill Oats.

Today is the first day where my die-off symptoms are much more tolerable. Feels great!

Thanks for taking the time and sharing some feedback. Very appreciated!

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

BellusStella wrote:
    What does Oatmeal contain that feeds the candida? Too starchy?
    The crackers are safe, they dont have any yeast! Mary’s Gone Crackers

The oatmeal that you are using looks great, and might be a food item to reintroduce in due time. But for now I would say its too heavy a food. And its a grain that contains sugars which do not help your progress. Especially in this early stage. But keep it in mind for tryouts later.

I tend to differ on the issue of brown rice as I once temporarily cured my candida within 2 months while eating almost only brown rice. But everyone is different and you should listen to your body if you have any reaction to it.

Able900
    Spectator

Bellus;
    Rolled or steel cut oats are not what you want. On the other hand, Bob’s Red Meal Oat Bran is acceptable as are “raw oats groats.” The oat bran carried by BRM is a good source of prebiotic, and the groats contain a substance called ‘chitinase’ which is a powerful antifungal. It causes the Candida to break open leaking out the cell membrane, and in the right circumstances, is capable of causing a massive amount of die-off. So you definitely don’t want eat these unless you’re taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. You’ll also need to soak the groats in water before cooking.

The research concerning “chitinase.”
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/p0825537761227x1/

Able

BellusStella

Able900 wrote: Bellus;
    Rolled or steel cut oats are not what you want. On the other hand, Bob’s Red Meal Oat Bran is acceptable as are “raw oats groats.” The oat bran carried by BRM is a good source of prebiotic, and the groats contain a substance called ‘chitinase’ which is a powerful antifungal. It causes the Candida to break open leaking out the cell membrane, and in the right circumstances, is capable of causing a massive amount of die-off. So you definitely don’t want eat these unless you’re taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. You’ll also need to soak the groats in water before cooking.

The research concerning “chitinase.”
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/p0825537761227x1/

Able

So that might explain my powerful die-off symptoms then… Ill have to see if i can find those supplements in my health food store.
    I had some oatmeal leftover in my fridge so that’s what I had for breakfast this morning. Now it just feels like I have no energy, massive brain fog, lack of concentration… :/

What does the soaking do beforehand?
    I’m out of town this weekend and i want to do a bar recipe with oats and quinoa for my snacks, i’m glad to hear i can have them now!

Fredsenra619
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Congrats on finding it…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Have I finally found a cure to all my health problems?’ is closed to new replies.