Has anyone tried Neem or Gymnema Sylvestre?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Has anyone tried Neem or Gymnema Sylvestre?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GK 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hello All,

I am a newcomer to this forum. Have been following some posts and discussions over the last few days, just joined today.

– Have been suffering from candida intestinal infestation for 2 years (or more)
    – Been to 3 MDs, 2 Neurologists, 1 Psychiatrist and none could figure out what was wrong
    – Symptoms (in time line): Constipation, bloating, sugar cravings, high carb & sugar intake, chronic fatigue syndrome, coated tongue, brain fog (10 days or more a stretch….real bad stuff)
    – Finally did some search on the net and found out the cause (thank you internet, thank you Google, thank you this forum and users….cannot thank you guys enough)

– Have now been on the diet for 3 weeks + taking natural anti-fungals (garlic, lemon, onions, turmeric, ginger, cinnammon, coconut oil) + Probiotics (have also started some enzymes today)

Just wanted to check if:

– Anyone here has tried Neem or Gymnema Sylvestre? Any side effects? I gather these are both powerful plants and I am a little concerned if these may be too potent.

Thank you all and God bless you.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

im on day 7 of gymnema and i have had some excruciating die off, but i also started a ton of rutabaga/brussel sprouts, monolaurin, and pau d arco at the same time. I have been strict for 5-6 months so i figured i wouldn’t have much to kill but guess i was wrong

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I’ve tried both. Can’t say whether it helped or not, because I didn’t try things one at a time. You’ve really gotta do it that way. I am just impatient. My guess is neither did much. The Nystatin did a lot. I would suggest going with tried and true (and it sounds like you’re already doing that, ie., coconut oil). I have a cupboard full of stuff i’ll probably never use again. Also, you can save money by making your own kefir, rather than buying probiotics.
    -MGL

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

GK;51560 wrote: Hello All,

I am a newcomer to this forum. Have been following some posts and discussions over the last few days, just joined today.

– Have been suffering from candida intestinal infestation for 2 years (or more)
    – Been to 3 MDs, 2 Neurologists, 1 Psychiatrist and none could figure out what was wrong
    – Symptoms (in time line): Constipation, bloating, sugar cravings, high carb & sugar intake, chronic fatigue syndrome, coated tongue, brain fog (10 days or more a stretch….real bad stuff)
    – Finally did some search on the net and found out the cause (thank you internet, thank you Google, thank you this forum and users….cannot thank you guys enough)

– Have now been on the diet for 3 weeks + taking natural anti-fungals (garlic, lemon, onions, turmeric, ginger, cinnammon, coconut oil) + Probiotics (have also started some enzymes today)

Just wanted to check if:

– Anyone here has tried Neem or Gymnema Sylvestre? Any side effects? I gather these are both powerful plants and I am a little concerned if these may be too potent.

Thank you all and God bless you.

It’s very safe from what ive read.
    Gymnema Sylvestre is fungistatic.

The Candida albicans fungus also makes a biofilm, which is a fungal cell collection that can be difficult to treat. The researchers found that the gymnemic acid compounds converted the biofilm back to treatable yeast cells.
    “This compound prevents the biofilm formation because hyphae are the major builders of biofilms and biofilms are resistant to antifungals,” Vediyappan said. “Yeast cells by themselves cannot make biofilms and are sensitive to antifungal treatments.”

I may eventually give it a try in tandem with a natural fungicidal like cinnamon bark oil.

Source -> Gymnema Sylvestre

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

I’ve tried Neem. Didn’t do squat for me

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi All,

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. I am planning to try Gymnema today….I had read the lab study report from Kansas University about its affect on inhibiting candida biofilms. Its a very new study (just 2 months ago). It is supposed to be non-toxic so I think its safe to try. Its just that it can drop sugar levels quite low and mine is in the low range already, so I’m just a bit more careful about it.

Will probably try Neem later.

Thank you all, wish you all get better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone tried Neem or Gymnema Sylvestre?’ is closed to new replies.