Hair loss and Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hair loss and Candida?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  proneedskin 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I’m a 30 year old woman who has been struggling with hair loss since I was a teenager. I’ve lost probably half my hair. About two years ago I found a doctor in NYC that diagnosed me with Androgenic Alopecia-hairloss related to hormone issues. I also had rashes and pimples on my scalp, a TON of dandruff (no shampoo could even come close to curing it). THe doctor gave me some meds and the hair shedding and rashes are gone. However it returns if I stop the meds. I am wondering if my hair loss is due to Candida??? And if so, how can I know for sure? Are there certain symptoms I should be looking for?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would relate it more to lack of minerals or mineral deficiencies. When our body fights a debilitating illness, it uses the bodies reserves in order to fight it off. This includes muscles, teeth, hair, bones, ligaments, etc. If you have achey joints or arthritic type symptoms, this could be especially true for you.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Angel29;31223 wrote: I’m a 30 year old woman who has been struggling with hair loss since I was a teenager. I’ve lost probably half my hair. About two years ago I found a doctor in NYC that diagnosed me with Androgenic Alopecia-hairloss related to hormone issues. I also had rashes and pimples on my scalp, a TON of dandruff (no shampoo could even come close to curing it). THe doctor gave me some meds and the hair shedding and rashes are gone. However it returns if I stop the meds. I am wondering if my hair loss is due to Candida??? And if so, how can I know for sure? Are there certain symptoms I should be looking for?

I did have hair loss for many years, although not as bad as what you describe. I also had flaky scalp (this is even worse than regular dandruff as you would see large flakes still stuck to your hair that fell off the scalp, gross!!!). When I started my candida treatment, hair loss got worse for a while. As I kept adjusting my diet and got better it slowly declined. Today, I don’t clog the drain when washing my hair. I barely find few pieces of hair in the drain today which is normal. I did not have any flakes on my head for about 8-9 months. I did increase fat intake which seems to be important when cutting out carbs.

Not sure if my hair loss stopped because candida was reduced to close to nothing, or because I am eating a balanced diet, but in my opinion you have nothing to loose by eating healthier.

My rule of what I consume DAILY:
    – 1 dinner plate of dark leafy greens (kale, spinach, lettuce, collard greens…)
    – 1 dinner plate of cabbage family (cabbage, savoy cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower…), onion family (onions, garlic, leeks…)
    – 1 dinner plate of well colored food (by this it’s meant colored through such as tomato, pumpkin etc. not apple which is red on the outside but white on the inside)
    – 2-3 cups a day of bone broth (very important to restore minerals)
    – 2 cups of home made milk kefir
    – other fermented food such as sour cabbage or sauerkraut etc.
    – meat or fish
    – 1 granny smith apple
    – two slices of buckwheat/oat bran bred with either butter/lard/or home made pate
    – few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (either on salads or vegetables)

Besides food regime above, I take 1000mg omega 3, 1000mg vitamin C and b complex.

Try to get close to this regime above and see if it makes any difference. It does take several weeks to see the difference.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

Arijana

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

You can try neem leaves to avoid dandruff problem. It gives good result. Apply weekly 2 twice and leave it for one hr and wash your hair with water(No Conditioner). To reduce hair fall, apply coconut oil in your hair and leave for it for one hour and wash it with water.

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

I also feel like I’ve been losing hair in greater amounts than is normal and I’ve noticed it fluctuates around my menstrual cycle, so it’s hormonal for me, too. I do think that’s improving as I’ve been trying to control the Candida.

Both orka and samuel make good suggestions. orka’s diet strikes me as a good one and seems to be very much in keeping with the protocol on this site.

Just to add to samuel’s post, there are also neem shampoos on the market. They do not smell great, but did seem to improve the condition of my hair and scalp. The brand I used to use was Organix South but there are several on the market. Coconut oil is great for the scalp and hair, as he suggests.

You can get your stool tested to see if you have Candida. I believe Genova labs makes some tests kits. I found them on the crohns.net web site. You can also buy directly from Genova. There may be other testing companies out there. I haven’t tested yet myself, but intend to do so.

Do you supplement with biotin or B complex? That may help, as well.

But, no, I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t have some systemic issue at the root (forgive the pun) of the hair loss. In fact, I’d be surprised if some larger systemic issue revolving around digestion, like Candida, *weren’t* involved.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I have AGA too. I was put on dianette and rogaine and I had great improvement. I’m a member of a few hair loss forums and other members were very impressed with my regrowth. But I’ve been off Dianette a year now in order to eventually get pregnant and as I expected all the regrowth has gone.

I’ve been on Able and Rasters diet 8 months and I’ve not noticed a difference in my hair but I’m open minded.

I’ve always believed, like many on here, that you can eat yourself back to health but I’ve given up on my hair now, and wear fantastic supplemental hair instead. Giving up on my hair was actually the best thing I ever did. I don’t even use the rogaine anymore

Angel29
    Participant

Yea I figured this diet wouldn’t do much for my hair. I feel your pain about losing hair while trying to get pregnant. When I was about to start taking the hair loss meds I found out I was pregnant and couldn’t take them for a year. I think about the future and having another child, but of course I’ll lose more hair! I tried ROgaine, it didn’t do much for me.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’m sorry i didn’t sound too positive for you. I do think that nutrition must be at the bottom of hair loss, at least with AGA anyway but finding out what the problem is could take a life time. I hope you didn’t think I was suggesting you give up your fight with your hair. That was just my personal choice.

I’m not sure that Rogaine helped me that much really. At the time I swore by it but when I stopped the dianette I realised that it was the dianette that did all the regrowth. Because when I stopped it, the rogaine did nothing.

Did you find any hormone problems at all? I didn’t. Funny, because AGA is apparently hormone related, as you say. I think its just a name they give when they don’t know why it happens.

Do you have any candida symptoms?

To answer your question, I think all you can do is do your best to be healthy and see if it makes a difference.

Angel29
    Participant

Oh don’t worry…I’m not very positive about it myself, lol. I inboxed you directly.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I too have hairloss especially around this time of year for the last couple
    years along with missed periods and last year have ovarian cysts (sonogram revealed one side one month, the other side the next month but all benign). I am not in menopause or really close to it. Gyn appt. in a few weeks for annual and I will bring this up. I’m wondering if an
    endocrinologist could help. Since my primary is clueless about yeast, he is tired of hearing my complaints, I’m wondering who to ask to test for mineral deficiencies…
    @ Angel-what med did your doctor give you for skin rash and hairloss that worked?

Angel29
    Participant

Spironolactone, 200mg and Mononessa birth control. These two meds STOPPED the shedding, however I’m seeing very little hair growth. My doctor said to give it time, possibly a few years. And even with the few years, all hair will not grow back. I’m getting a bit fed up with taking these meds because of all the hidden side effects. I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future.

I don’t want to bog down this forum with the hairloss topic. If anyone has any questions, concerns or just feels like complaining, please send me a private message.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

raster;31227 wrote: I would relate it more to lack of minerals or mineral deficiencies. When our body fights a debilitating illness, it uses the bodies reserves in order to fight it off. This includes muscles, teeth, hair, bones, ligaments, etc. If you have achey joints or arthritic type symptoms, this could be especially true for you.

-raster

Agreed…..there is a great product which makes my hair get silky smooth with daily consumption: it’s called BIOSIL and is filled with collagen. A nutritionists who turned me onto it said mineral deficiencies tend to show up first in the hair/skin/nails. It also helped strengthen my nails and helps greatly with dry skin, etc….. about four to six drops in 4oz of h2o daily, though it does tend to leave an unpleasant aftertaste the effects are worth that minor inconvenience.

BIOSIL info

Many blessings of grace to you all during these holidays.

proneedskin
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hair Fall problem is occurring very worst in todays time. This is caused due to lot of stress and tension in People who are giving lot of stress to their mind. Hair loss treatment in Delhi not only occur in Mens but also in womens.

But Hair fall treatment in Delhi can be cured by doctors. I tell you my story as i have gone through this situation and felt very bad and my frind told me about Best Doctor for Hair Treatment in Delhi and now i am very much satisfied with the doctors hardwork.

View More- https://www.drkandhariclinic.com/hair-fall-treatment-and-hair-loss-treatment/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hair loss and Candida?’ is closed to new replies.