Hair fall worry :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hair fall worry :(

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  healinglight 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Hi! I have started having severe hair fall from some weeks now, and now I am beginning to worry. I got a haircut done, but of no avail, the hair fall is the same and scary. 🙁

I searched in the forum and found Nizoral shampoo suggested, but am not sure if I should go for that, or if there is some other better alternative, or both.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would get trace minerals because your bodies resources are likely being taxed to fight of the candida. Examples include magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, iodine, etc.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Sounds to be related to Candida/Leaky guy.

Also you may want to get your tyroid tested.
    Hypothyroidism is common for those with Candida overgrowth/Leakygut/Gut Inflammation. Hair loss is a common symptom especially in women with Hypothyroidism.

hdispain
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

My hair was falling out (and my scalp was itchy) when I was on Amphotericin B for my candida. As soon as I stopped Ampho B, my hair stopped falling out. It may just be your anti-fungals. Try switching out certain meds to see if that helps.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Amphotericin B and Diflucan will give hairloss, however it will grow back when you stop, so dont worry 🙂

I’ve heard about people taking op to 2000mg a day of diflucan (Madness?!?!) loosing eyebrows too..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another factor could be the molybdenum which chelates heavy metals and minerals from the body.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Also, just a thought, depending on your age, it could also be hormonal changes.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I was losing a lot f hair in the beginning and previous to starting the diet. I originally had miraculous results with selenium. Sometime into the diet I stopped the selenium. (I figured I’m really sick, not leaving the house, have horrible bags under my eyes, who cares about the hair loss, I guess I got too sick to care and stopped) It took about 6 months on the diet for my hair loss to slow down on it’s own. Now I have mild hair loss and believe it’s only going to get better.

healinglight
    Participant

Hi all! Thanks so much for your response.

raster;36818 wrote: I would get trace minerals because your bodies resources are likely being taxed to fight of the candida. Examples include magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, iodine, etc.

-raster

I am already taking trace minerals from over three months now, but not iodine because it was out of stock here.

Danny33;36819 wrote: Sounds to be related to Candida/Leaky guy.

Also you may want to get your tyroid tested.
    Hypothyroidism is common for those with Candida overgrowth/Leakygut/Gut Inflammation. Hair loss is a common symptom especially in women with Hypothyroidism.

I have got my thyroid tested over the years several times, but it was always fine with God’s grace, so I would rule out that possibility.

hdispain;36820 wrote: My hair was falling out (and my scalp was itchy) when I was on Amphotericin B for my candida. As soon as I stopped Ampho B, my hair stopped falling out. It may just be your anti-fungals. Try switching out certain meds to see if that helps.

klips32;36822 wrote: Amphotericin B and Diflucan will give hairloss, however it will grow back when you stop, so dont worry 🙂

I’ve heard about people taking op to 2000mg a day of diflucan (Madness?!?!) loosing eyebrows too..

I have been taking Virgin Organic Coconut oil, Garlic cloves, and pills with allicin only as antifungals. I wonder if that can cause hairfall. Can it? In fact, I also apply coconut oil (traditionally) before a hair-wash to keep my hair healthy.

raster;36823 wrote: Another factor could be the molybdenum which chelates heavy metals and minerals from the body.

-raster

hmm…yeah…this could be one reason. Junniper Berry extract might not be available here, and I have got a year’s supply of Molybdenum imported from the US now…so any suggestion what can I do?

Kag;36838 wrote: Also, just a thought, depending on your age, it could also be hormonal changes.

okay…am 31…don’t know if major hormonal changes take place at my age.

mrs.candida;36852 wrote: I was losing a lot f hair in the beginning and previous to starting the diet. I originally had miraculous results with selenium. Sometime into the diet I stopped the selenium. (I figured I’m really sick, not leaving the house, have horrible bags under my eyes, who cares about the hair loss, I guess I got too sick to care and stopped) It took about 6 months on the diet for my hair loss to slow down on it’s own. Now I have mild hair loss and believe it’s only going to get better.

That really gives me hope. I am taking selenium. Maybe I can increase the dose. Any clue what does can help me?

I have had a previous experience of severe hair fall due to fungal infection of the scalp, but that was years ago. I was prescribed oral antifungals, antifungal shampoo and lotion. Maybe that is again the reason. I do not want to visit an allopath anymore.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Are you male and have your male family members lost their hair? Also, it could it be stress related. Hair loss can be a delayed reaction to stress and can take 6 weeks to kick in after the event (so I recall).

Perhaps visit a doctor to rule out mainstream medical causes as it might be indicative of something else entirely.

mrs.candida
    Replies: 452

Sorry I don’t know about the dose I took what it said on the package.

healinglight
    Participant

Cheesey;36872 wrote: Are you male and have your male family members lost their hair? Also, it could it be stress related. Hair loss can be a delayed reaction to stress and can take 6 weeks to kick in after the event (so I recall).

Perhaps visit a doctor to rule out mainstream medical causes as it might be indicative of something else entirely.

Female. Have had long hair since I was a child just like my mom.

Yeah, maybe I should visit an allopath, I have kept that as the last resort and am thinking of giving myself a week or two more before I do that since they usually prescribe loads of medicines, many of which I find unnecessary.

mrs.candida;36874 wrote: Sorry I don’t know about the dose I took what it said on the package.

No problem. The suggestion you made is good enough, I will try and find out more. 🙂

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey healing light, you are more than likely too young to be experiencing hormonal hair loss. It was just a thought.

healinglight
    Participant

hmm…yeah…I know…we are here to exchange information and thoughts. 🙂

orka1998
    Participant
    Replies: 673

Missing fat from your diet can also be it. Try adding more healthy fat to your diet such as coconut oil, raw cold pressed oils (olive etc), butter or ghee (not sure what you are using), animal fat (lard or similar).

I don’t think you molybdenum should be taken for a long time. It is meant as a relief while you are experiencing heavy die-off at the beginning of the treatment.

I had very heavy hair loss at the beginning of my treatment which I believe was a combination of lacking fat in my diet, taking molybdenum too long (I was afraid the awful die-off will come back), having lost to much zinc and just the main problem that brought me here: candida!

My hair loss is quite normal now.

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hair fall worry :(’ is closed to new replies.