Had candida 20 years ago, now it seems to be back

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Had candida 20 years ago, now it seems to be back

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  UncleOxidant 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

20 years ago in 1992 I was diagnosed with candidiasis. Had the brain fog, panic attacks, stomach issues, low energy – the whole deal. It took a couple of years to really get over it, but the first six months or so were the worst.

Now fast forward… I’ve been sick several times this year and have been given antibiotics at three different times this year (yes, I should have known better). Prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection in January. Had the flu in March. In the summer I had a chronic sore throat that lasted weeks – was put on antibiotics, but in the end it seemed that the sore throat was caused by GERD; got an incline pillow it it went away. Then in early November I got a stomach flu or food poisoning and had another course of antibiotics for a dental procedure. That stomach flu never seemed to totally go away as the stomach problems lingered.

So now I’ve been having the panic-y feelings again that remind me of 20 years ago. Some vertigo, lots of stomach issues ( feeling full very quickly, belching, feeling like I’ve got food coming back in my throat after eating, but not that acid feeling, cramps), low energy. Pain on the right side of the abdomen right under the rib cage (had an ultrasound and they ruled out pancreatitis, spleen was normal, so I’m figuring it’s the stomach). Lost 20 lbs since early November. Then the other day when I took off my socks…. well hope this isn’t TMI… but man, my socks and feet smelled like some very ripe cheese. And that’s when the deja-vu hit me and I did a facepalm: Yeast! This was what it was like 20 years ago.

So has anything changed in candida treatment in 20 years? I remember the low carb diet, pau ‘d arco tea, mathake tea, capryllic acid. Eventually I found a doc who prescribed diflucan and that seemed to get rid of it. I’ve been doing web searches and coconut oil seems to be something that’s recommended now. What’s the state-of-the art in candida treatment now?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We developed this general plan to get better here:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

It’s pretty simple and basic; you can add and remove things from it as you wish.

There is a whole market built around treating people with candida and related ailments, you just have to go find it.

-raster

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Do you have any thoughts on using food grade hydrogen peroxide as an anti-fungal? Is it too broad spectrum?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Had candida 20 years ago, now it seems to be back’ is closed to new replies.