Guttate Psoriasis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Guttate Psoriasis

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Well guys… I have a name & reason for my rash at last!! It seems that a strep throat I had 3 weeks ago striggered the rash and because I didn’t got for an antibiotic or steroid cream it had hung around far longer than it should have. I think the “coincidence” of drinking the wine over the same few days was unfortunate because it confused the symptoms. I believe now that the instantaneous rash was caused my the nasty strep throat… which I thought was very severe oral thrush on the back of my tongue and agony when swallowing. My glands were also inflamed and my jaws aching from the discomfort. At the same time I was experiencing aching hands with cracked skin & bleeding knuckles, as well as 4 or 5 large hives which then became infected & inflamed. These other complaints, as well as headaches, achey limbs & complete fatigue I believe to be from the wine.

I’ve realised my hands are the first sign my body doesn’t like something – they begin to ache like I have arthritis and feel like the joints are swollen (but don’t look swollen) and I can’t clench my fists. Then the skin gets very dry and cracks and bleeds along the folds of the knuckles. Once the skin cracks it’s hard to heal as I can’t keep them dry and keep any cream on them except at night(with 4 young kids there’s a lot of hand washing, dish washing & other water related neccesities!).

So back to the Guttate Psoriasis… see link below for more details & a picture of what my rash was like. The doc said he would have “insisted” I went on an antibiotic if I’d gone to him sooner but he understood why I didn’t want one now. He also prescribed 3 different steroid creams (face, body & groin area) and as I mentioned before I’ve used tiny amounts of the face & body ones from a friend and these have hugely helped. Also he said the best thing of all is sunlight or photo therapy… and I’ve been on the sunbed the last few days. Looking at the skin now, the rash has dried and faded to pale pink (silver in places) and it’s a huge relief that I now know what caused it and how I can deal with it.

What had really confused me is that on the whole I’ve felt completley fine apart from the rash! Apart from the few days after the wine when I got headaches and was very fatigued… I’ve been full of energy, very positive and clear minded.

This week I’ve cut back my antifungals and other supplements to the following… Really good Probiotic (2 doses), kefir (2 pots), coconut oil to cook, olive oil as dressing, 3 raw garlic cloves last thing at night. I’m still resticting my diet to the very basics and drinking huge amounts of water & lemon hot water… I’ll continue this until after the rash has disapeared completely and then will re-introduce my caprylic acic, wild oregano oil etc etc as well as other detox herbs Able has recommended.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001825/

Best regards from a much more upbeat LucyLu! xx

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Lucylu!

You sound very determinant and focused. I am happy that you have a name of the beast and that you still march forward in a positive spirit fighting the candida. Its wonderful to hear you getting the hand on the battle and I am sure you see the victory soon!

Merry Christmas to you from Sweden!
    yours
    Thomas

Lucylu

Thanks Thomas, my good friend! It really does feel good to have 1 part of the problem in a “box” and know how to deal with that. I know I still have a bit of a way to go with the candida in gerenral but once this rash has shifted I hope to be pretty much symptom free again and able to continue the battle in full strength! My Molybdenum arrived a few days ago so I know once I re start my antifungal attack next week then I can manage the die off more effectively this time.

Sending you lots of healing vibes across the water from Ireland to Sweden!

Lx

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thans for the update. I have been thinking of you often. I read your post to my husband the other night and we both were praying for you and your healing. I’m so sorry you have been suffering so. I too have a sore throat with a white spot I’ve been thinking it was thrush…don’t want to go back to doctor for antibiotics…so I have been oil pulling, gargling with kefir (lol) and trying to make the darn stuff go away…wonder if I should go? I don’t want any antibiiotics…wonder what the alternative is.

I’m so happy to hear you have your energy back and you can tell by your words you are so much more upbeat. It has to be so hard with little ones. Mine are 15 and 17 and are able to understand what I’m dealing with.

I wish you peace of mind, some time to rest, and much love and joy over the Christmas season.

Blessings to you and your family,
    Jackie

Lucylu

Oh thanks Jackie so much for your very thoughtful post… and for you & your husbands prayers. It means so much.

I really don’t know what to advice re visiting the doc. I wouldn’t have taken the antibiotics 3 weeks ago, that’s why I didn’t go to the doctor but I think I would have taken the steroid cream and so may have been slightly further ahead on my progress now. I had used a friends steroid cream on my face and that healed almost overnight… and so I was relatively content to see how the rest of the rash healed without steroid help and concentrated on detox & relaxation & meditation.

Keep up the oil pulling & kefir gargling (that’s a new one on me!!) – Make sure you don;t swallow anything you’ve gargled with though as you’ll be swallowing down the nasties. Have you tried gargling salt water? As much salt as will dissolve in water and then gargle – that helped me most. Some people use tea tree oil but i’ve never fancied trying that.

Thanks again for thoughts and prayers.

Blessings at Christmas,

Lx

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Yep I gargle with warm salt water 3 times a day…after every oil pulling…I spend more time with my mouth than I do with anything else..LOL. My teeth are so white now from all the oil pulling…or maybe due to no more soda, coffee, and tea…and wine come to think of it. But I do have white teeth and I am 30 pounds lighter. Overall this diet is a very good thing for me. 🙂 Too bad I have this crap still in me…could be worse. My son’s best friend is 15 years old and fighting a rare for of lukemia. Every time I want to feel bad for my self I give myself a good kick in the pants. This is nothing compared to what that poor boy is fighting. So we march on and learn new ways to screw up the diet. LOL.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Lucylu wrote: relaxation & meditation

Has this been covered much on the forum? I was surprised not to see it as part of the protocol. Stress is a double whammy in the way it suppresses the immune system while feeding candida glucose. It also hinders digestion, among many other worrisome possibilities. If someone has developed an irritable, worrisome or depressed mentality (very likely with a long-term sugary diet coupled with awful candida symptoms), they’re likely to struggle a lot with their recovery without giving it some attention.

I’m sure the diet can go some way to helping, considering it’s positive effect on brain chemistry, but many thought patterns, habits etc require a conscious effort to be changed. The early stages are likely to worsen negative mental states like irritability, as well.

I find meditation a very focused approach to solving these issues. It’s not even necessary to do lengthy sitting sessions; simply understanding the concept of mindfulness will make a profound difference. It’s essentially the practice of mental awareness instead of blindly following whatever useless thoughts pop into your mind. I really think it could make the difference between a cure and prolonged suffering.

Lucylu

Javitzy,

No meditation hasn’t been covered on this forum and I’m not even talking about hours of sitting in the lotus position or anything… just as you say a mindfulness, an awareness and whenever I get the chance I sit and close my eyes and breath deeply and centre myself, while picturing a white light healing my skin & belly.

My psoriasis has always falred up at times of stress and I know it’s worse each evening beacuse I’m hot & bothered running after 4 children!

I’m a firm believer that this can help each and everyone on this site but it’s a hard thing to “recommend” without us all seeming like quacks!!

Must dash – it’s feeding time so no relaxation in this house for the next few hours!

L

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Lucylu wrote: I’m a firm believer that this can help each and everyone on this site but it’s a hard thing to “recommend” without us all seeming like quacks!!

Yeah, meditation and mindfulness are words that have a bit of a new-agey ring to them. There are reams of neuroscience and psychology studies that show various benefits of the technique though, and if anyone doubts the damage stress can do to the body they should read Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers.

I’m planning to do sitting meditation for 30-60 minutes a day when I begin the diet to help with the hunger/pain/whatever other sensations. I’ve been meaning to make a habit of it for months for the health benefits, so the diet should be good motivation.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Lucy,

Very glad to hear that you finally got some answers about your rash. And I’m thankful it wasn’t due completely to what you were eating. Seems like you have been doing all the right things since you had some wine…and it had to be frustrating to still have the rash despite how careful you were.

I bet it makes all the difference having some answers now! 🙂

I had a WEIRD rash a couple years ago. It was bad enough for me to make an appointment with a dermatologist. It lasted about 6 weeks and I remember watching it spread while I was sitting in class one day. I was very worried and couldn’t get any answers. It ended up being something called Pityriasis rosea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pityriasis_rosea

It sounds very similar to what you had Lucy. In fact, I found this sit that compares the two:

http://www.derm101.com/diffdx/diffdx.aspx?fileID=diff1_002&toDisplay=discussion

I was told my rash was caused by a virus but that’s about all they know. A very small percentage of people get it. I think I increased my chances of getting this rash with my compromised immune system due to candida. There were a couple other symptoms I was experiencing that was candida related…but did not realize it at the time.

Congrats again on some answers and hope the medicine the doctor gave you gives you some relief! 🙂

Kirsty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Guttate Psoriasis’ is closed to new replies.