Gum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shelly83 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tracibako
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

Hi All
    I am new to this forum. I recently had a Candida flare-up. I had candida 6 years ago and got rid of it in 6mo. But now it is back. I should mention that I also have MS which becomes worse during a flare-up.

So, Im back on the diet and was wondering if there is any gum that I can chew on stage 1? Since I get up very early for my workouts, I would love to have some gum to chew while lifting.

And any other pointers would be great. It’s been so long and I’m sure I have forgotten most the rules. However, I have gone through some of the very helpful discussions. Everyone has great questions.

Thanks, Traci

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

tracibako wrote: Hi All
    I am new to this forum. I recently had a Candida flare-up. I had candida 6 years ago and got rid of it in 6mo. But now it is back. I should mention that I also have MS which becomes worse during a flare-up.

So, Im back on the diet and was wondering if there is any gum that I can chew on stage 1? Since I get up very early for my workouts, I would love to have some gum to chew while lifting.

And any other pointers would be great. It’s been so long and I’m sure I have forgotten most the rules. However, I have gone through some of the very helpful discussions. Everyone has great questions.

Thanks, Traci

The answer is no I think. You can buy a product called steviadent, but it uses manitol & sorbitol (alcohol sweetners).

Out of interest why do you want it for lifting? When I chewed gum I use to spit it out when I trained, its a mildly risky if your lifting in supine positions as well.

tracibako

I chew gum when lifting because it helps me concentrate. Just as when you are taking a test in school and chewing gum helps for concentration, it’s the same for me. I don’t feel worried about choking on it, which would be the only concern. I just like the fact that the chewing is rhythmical and during heavy lifts and can bite down on it. Must have picked up the habit somewhere along the way but it really works for me and will pick up this habit as soon as I can!!!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I used to grind my teeth when I lifted too, someone suggested getting a mouth guard, but didn’t like the idea of the germs it would pick up when I took it out.

A former client of mine, & a successful dentist, said to me that grinding the teeth can be a major cause of headaches, dizziness, etc. I don’t know if you suffers from that, but thought I would say in case you do.

tracibako

It’s not about grinding my teeth. I used to do that, but got that fixed through my dentist. The gum is really about concentration. There have been studies done showing that school kids actually do better on testing when chewing gum. So some schools actually allow gum during tests. That’s all it is for me. It’s just a concentration thing.

Shelly83
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I like Pur gum. I’m still on first stage.. 5 weeks.. As per my natruopath I am staying on a stage 1 pretty much for the rest of the year. Major Candida problem. But she said Pur gum is ok in moderation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gum’ is closed to new replies.