Guar Gum/Carrageenan

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Guar Gum/Carrageenan

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mykoza 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I’ve been trying to find coconut milk without additives but there are no products in my area without at least guar gum or carrageenan in them.

I did a search through the forum but I couldn’t find anything conclusive on these two ingredients by senior members of the forum. What’s the verdict on these? Can I make coconut milk kefir with them?

Any help, as usual, would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sasha

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I find that a little bit of coconut milk doesn’t bother me, but more than a little and I start getting a leaky gut/inflammation reaction. I don’t know if it’s from the milk or the guar gum additive, but I think I’m going to stop using it for the most part, at least until I’m a little more healed.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

alexalgebra;40743 wrote: I find that a little bit of coconut milk doesn’t bother me, but more than a little and I start getting a leaky gut/inflammation reaction. I don’t know if it’s from the milk or the guar gum additive, but I think I’m going to stop using it for the most part, at least until I’m a little more healed.

Good to know. I know I’d seen the carrageena listed as an inflammatory, but not the guar gum. Thanks alesalgebra.

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

approximately_me;40717 wrote: I’ve been trying to find coconut milk without additives but there are no products in my area without at least guar gum or carrageenan in them.

I did a search through the forum but I couldn’t find anything conclusive on these two ingredients by senior members of the forum. What’s the verdict on these? Can I make coconut milk kefir with them?

Any help, as usual, would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sasha

Hey , I use coconut milk from this website. I has absolutely no additives. It’s pure coconut milk. It’s thick and creamy. Fabulous. No BPA either.

http://www.importfood.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Guar Gum/Carrageenan’ is closed to new replies.