- June 4, 2013 at 1:00 am #105592
yogajediMemberTopics: 29Replies: 43
Grilled Thai-Style Radishes
2 bunches radishes
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp or so dried basil (or you can sprinkle on fresh chopped basil right before serving)
Cayenne or crushed pepper to taste (I did about 2 tsp)
2 tsp ginger powder (or grape-size piece fresh ginger, grated)
2 tsp garlic powder (or 3 cloves, minced)
Sea salt to taste
preheat oven to 425 (or you can use a grill)
1) rinse radishes well. Chop off leaves. Thinly slice the radishes.
2) get a large (12″ or so) piece of aluminum foil. Combine and toss all ingredients.
3) fold the top of the foil over so it’s airtight, or close to it
4) put this in a casserole dish (if using the oven) or directly onto a grill if grilling.
5) cook 25-30 minutes
6) if using fresh basil, add it now. Optionally garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
These radishes can be:
* Served hot as a side dish
* Tossed with 100% buckwheat noodles for a Japanese-Thai dish, hot or cold
* Chilled and wrapped in lettuce leaves (a la lettuce wraps) and dipped in a mixture of coconut aminos/sesame oil
* Combined with coconut milk, hot water and veggies for Thai-style soup
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.