Grapefruit seed extract and probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Grapefruit seed extract and probiotics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vivian
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi all,

My question concerns the simultaneous use of both Probiotics and Grapefruit seed extract. I am taking 33% extract of grapefruit from a month. Today I bought probiotics but I am not sure whether shall I start with them until I am taking the extract.
    I will be very thankful for any suggestions and advices.

Greetings,

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It’s fine to take the probiotic with any type of antifungal. In fact, you should take a probiotic throughout your Candida treatment or indefinitely no matter what you add to your supplement list. The probiotic is the most important and beneficial supplement you will take during your treatment.

However, you may need to exchange the grapefruit seed extract for a different antifungal after you’ve been on the probiotic for a while. Candida are capable of developing a resistance to GSE after a period of time.

What is the count and number of strains in your particular probiotic? Have you experienced any of the die-off symptoms yet? You may need to read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” posted on Aug. 8.

Able

Vivian

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Herewith I am copying the consistence in a capsule in both type of probiotiocs that I have bought:

1 capsule contains: Lactobacillus acidophilus (strain DDS-1) – 110 mg (providing 1 billion viable cells at the time of manufacture) AFA – 100 mg capsule shell: gelatin clean – 100 mg.

1 capsule contains Bifidus Complex (3 Bifidobacterium species) – 110 mg (providing 1 billion viable cells at the time of manufacture) AFA – 100 mg capsule shell: gelatin clean – 100 mg.

I will read carefully the “Die-off dangers” post.

Thanks again!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Vivian.

I’m assuming that you have been on the Candida diet for at least a month or so, is that correct?

If so, I would continue to take the probiotic until you’ve finished the bottle. But then you really need to upgrade both the count and the number of strain in the probiotic as that is not nearly enough to destroy the infestation.

Let me know how many probiotic pills you have left, as well as how long you’ve been on the diet, and I’ll let you know what I think as far as a timeline and amount is concerned.

Able

Vivian

Hi again,

I have been on the diet for a month and a half, till now I haven’t taken any probiotics as I assumed that I must finish first with the grapefruit seed extract (seems that I made a mistake).
    Since yesterday I have my probiotics purchased and I am starting with them.
    The only thing that is out of the diet but I have included it since 3-4 days are the fruits. I have coordinated it with a consultant of healthy eating and he assumed that these are simple sugars and eventually would not overwhelm my diet. The reason for including them is that lately I felt so anaemic and weak, and only the fruits give me some energy.
    Waiting for your comments.

Have a nice day,

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Vivian.

There are a couple of questions that need to be answered before anyone can really determine where you are with your treatment.

(1) Please give a short description of your symptoms before starting the diet or the grapefruit seed extract.

(2) Do you think you’ve experienced any die-off symptoms yet, even mild ones?

(3) On a scale of 1 to 10, grade your Candida symptoms before starting the diet & GSE and another grade for today.

(4) Do you have the probiotic you described, and if so, do you plan on taking both capsules every day, in other words, 2 capsules a day?

(5) What type of fruit and how much are you ingesting in a day’s time?

Thanks, Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grapefruit seed extract and probiotics’ is closed to new replies.