Grape Bitters – Alcohol free

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Grape Bitters – Alcohol free

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #67313

    GayBofill
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

    Hi ,

    I’ve been reading about Grape Bitters and found only one brand that is alcohol free. However, it contains senna herb which I understand is a form of a laxative and not good to take ongoing because one can become dependent on it. Can anyone recommend a good manufaturer or brand of Alcohol Free Grape Bitters (or Alocohol free Swedish Bitters)? Thanks for any help.

    #67326

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    There are many bitters and they should all work; one is swedish bitters. A rare one that is supposedly really effective is spanish bitters (cannot find one for sale). There is also orange bitters that I’ve seen. I believe they all work the same way except some are used to heal specific organs.

    -Raster

    #67337

    GayBofill
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

    Hi Raster. Thanks for your response. However, you didn’t address my comment regarding senna. Do you know if this is a safe ingredient to take ongoing? It was included in the ingredients for the Alcohol Free Greape bitters I found. What type of bitters do you take? Can you provide a brand name or link so I can research? Thanks very much.

    #67675

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    GayBofill wrote: I’ve been reading about Grape Bitters and found only one brand that is alcohol free. However, it contains senna herb which I understand is a form of a laxative and not good to take ongoing because one can become dependent on it. Can anyone recommend a good manufaturer or brand of Alcohol Free Grape Bitters (or Alocohol free Swedish Bitters)? Thanks for any help.

    GB, post a link to the bitters you found, and we’ll take a look at it. I would imagine that the amount of senna in the bitters is a very small amount and would have no real effect. The Swedish bitters contain it so as you see it’s a normal ingredient of bitters.

    Able

    #67682

    GayBofill
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

    Hi Able,

    Here is the link fo rthe Alcohol Free Swedish Bitters I found. I copied it with the ingredients tab showing but if it doesn’t post that way just click on the ingerdients tab on the menu. You’ll see the senna herb in the ingredients. Thanks for checking on this. GB

    http://www.drugstore.com/flora-swedish-bitters-alcohol-free/qxp275579

    #67684

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    GayBofill wrote: Hi Able, Here is the link fo rthe Alcohol Free Swedish Bitters I found. I copied it with the ingredients tab showing but if it doesn’t post that way just click on the ingerdients tab on the menu. You’ll see the senna herb in the ingredients. Thanks for checking on this.

    GB, that’s actually one of the bitters that I’ve recommended, and it’s as good as any you’ll find. But you may not be able to find one without senna. However, keep in mind that you don’t need the full dose recommended on the label. All you need is about ½ of a teaspoonful on the tongue so that the bitter taste can stimulated the nerves on the tongue; this stimulation is what activates the digestive enzymes in your body and flushes the liver.

    Able

    #67700

    rosiered9127
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

    Hi there,
    I am a college student so therefore basically poor. So I was curious if anyone had any advice to the choosing the cheapest yet still most effective supplements. Specifically, I was taking a probiotic, but I’m running low and need to buy moor. Now I’m wondering if just doing grape bitters would be a good substitute for a probiotic. Since I can’t really afford both at the same time, would it be ok to alternate when I run out of one?
    Thanks much,
    Natalie

    #67730

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    rosiered9127 wrote: Hi there,
    I am a college student so therefore basically poor. So I was curious if anyone had any advice to the choosing the cheapest yet still most effective supplements. Specifically, I was taking a probiotic, but I’m running low and need to buy moor. Now I’m wondering if just doing grape bitters would be a good substitute for a probiotic. Since I can’t really afford both at the same time, would it be ok to alternate when I run out of one?

    Hello, Natalie.

    Grape bitters and probiotics are two entirely different supplements, with two distinctive functions.

    Probiotics will allow the beneficial bacteria to multiply and colonize in the intestines and therefore destroy the Candida albicans. Bitters on the other hand, whether grape bitters or Swedish bitters are used for producing digestive enzymes as well as detoxing or flushing out the liver.

    If you can only afford one of these, by all means purchase a good probiotic instead of the bitters; bitters will not cure the infestation, but probiotics will eventually.

    Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Grape Bitters – Alcohol free’ is closed to new replies.