Grain Coffee

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Grain Coffee

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SEJ
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

So, if you are supposed to stay away from eating barley and rye while on the cleanse, does that also mean you can’t drink coffee substitute that has those things in the ingredients?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

monkey
    Replies: 7

I too searched long and hard for a coffee substitute, but even the chicory root alternatives had other additives that weren’t candida friendly.

Two solutions I’ve found so far are making home-made coconut milk that becomes the base for tea-less chai (I just blend the whole spices in a coffee grinder, add some vanilla bean powder and stevia, and then heat it with the milk). It’s absolutely delicious.

The other thing I’ve found is a product called maca xpresso, which is purely ground maca root. Most sources suggest that small quantities of maca are ok for candida, and with this xpresso, you strain out the granules from the liquid to drink. It’s also good with home-made coconut milk or a bit of coconut oil.

Good luck to you! I know how hard it can be to give up coffee-ish things.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

I have a product from holland and Barrett – Prewetts Organic Chicory, which ingredients are 100% chicory root

SEJ
    Replies: 18

Thanks everybody for your great suggestions and links! I really appreciate it, and will look into the different chicory coffee substitutes.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you currently drink coffee and are having trouble quitting it; I suggest the following path to finally get off of it in the long run.

1)Drink one 12oz coffee or less per day (reduce)
    2)Switch to caffeinated green tea for a few weeks
    3)Reduce use to when you need it most during the week. Switch to chamomile tea the rest of the week and you can even have it a few times per day. Steep it longer than 10 minutes and it’ll give you an energy boost similar to caffeine.
    4)Drink chamomile tea only.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grain Coffee’ is closed to new replies.