Got slightly sweetened by accident

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Got slightly sweetened by accident

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

standinghawk
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hello,

I’m new to this forum. I have been on the candida diet for 2 weeks. I have been extremely careful. However, I discovered this morning that the Blue Diamond almond milk I have used possibly twice in the last few days (about 1/2 cup each time) is the sweetened kind. The unsweetened and the sweetened cartons look identical except for a stripe at the top of the unsweetened saying it is “unsweetened”. I am really concerned about having had this so early in the cleanse, especially since I have been insanely careful. Has this saboutaged my effort?? I feel like writing to the company and complaining – they should have different coloured boxes or something to make it more obvious.

Any thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

standinghawk wrote: I discovered this morning that the Blue Diamond almond milk I have used possibly twice in the last few days (about 1/2 cup each time) is the sweetened kind. The unsweetened and the sweetened cartons look identical except for a stripe at the top of the unsweetened saying it is “unsweetened”. I am really concerned about having had this so early in the cleanse, especially since I have been insanely careful. Has this saboutaged my effort?

Hello, “Hawk” and welcome to the forum.

You’re only two weeks into the treatment, and you’re not alone as far as making a mistake with an unknown problematic food source as many people do this. All you have to do is continue where you were when you drank the almond milk. This is just one of the many lessens you’ll learn on your journey to wellness. The lesson is to always read the entire list of ingredients of anything you intend to eat or drink before doing so. If you come across an ingredient that you’re unsure of, just ask about it on the forum.

This was in invaluable lesson that could have cost you much more later on during the treatment, so think of it in that way.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d also consider not using almond milk, sweetened or unsweetened, until you are much much better because almonds contain molds. We have a stricter version of the website’s food list if you want to check it out; email able900 if you want a copy of it. Almond milk is not on this list.

If you soaked and roasted the almonds and made homemade almond milk…this would be a much better option. I believe you can just grind it up in a blender and strain out the almonds.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Got slightly sweetened by accident’ is closed to new replies.