Got Cocky! Broke the Diet!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Got Cocky! Broke the Diet!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  4evryoung 8 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eileen40
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

I got cocky and broke the diet. I have some ice cream, of all things! Now I have near constant hershey trots, rash, pain, and headaches. My tongue is coated again, and depression is threatening. I KNOW that I can’t have that stuff, but I felt so good, and that strict diet was so boring, I though a little wouldn’t hurt!

Yes, a little hurt.

Now, the diet, the diet, and nothing but the diet…

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

Im with you there Eileen. The other day I had a small chocolate for the same reason and spent 9 hours suffering for it. I think i am finding the diet ok because i now associate ‘nice’ food with misery. after eating junk for 40 years my body is now sulking over it lol. I think it shows we are stuck with this diet maybe for life but at least we will be healthier than ever one day lol

Jennifer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Eileen40 wrote: I got cocky and broke the diet. I have some ice cream, of all things! Now I have near constant hershey trots, rash, pain, and headaches. My tongue is coated again, and depression is threatening. I KNOW that I can’t have that stuff, but I felt so good, and that strict diet was so boring, I though a little wouldn’t hurt!

Yes, a little hurt.

Now, the diet, the diet, and nothing but the diet…

I’ve been on this diet forever and as soon as I start feeling good again; no symptoms…I’m like, I’m cured! then I have some cake, ice cream or wine…they symptoms (headache, vaginal yeast, dizziness, ears ringing) come back within an hour! I have to stay on this diet a year…

4evryoung
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

So, if I’m in stage one and plan to continue it for several more weeks that I shouldn’t even take a one day break.

I was really wanting to indulge in some of the Super Bowl fare being offered at a friends party. I guess I’ll think long and hard before I do. The experience might teach me to stay on the straight and narrow.

Terrylee5151
    Topics: 1

I was told by an herbalist, If I cheated on the diet…. I would have to start all over again. Needless to say, I didn’t cheat. It was still a long haul and I am still suffering from the devastation caused by candida.

4evryoung
    Topics: 0

An update on my experience with enjoying a cheat day.

Many of the things I enjoyed on Super Gowl Sunday were actually things permitted in Stage 1. Grilled chicken, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole. I also had a few whole grain chips(no sugar) and potatoes. I splurged with some sweets.

The ony thing I noticed was a headache after the sweets.

The next day I got back on program and have had no further effects.

I’m not suggesting anyone take a break until they have completed all of the Stages because of us are more severely affected by processed foods, grains and sugar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Got Cocky! Broke the Diet!’ is closed to new replies.