Goldenseal paste for fungal lips

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Goldenseal paste for fungal lips

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

So I know that goldenseal is advised against for systemic yeast. My question is this, a lot of people at work are saying goldenseal paste is good for fungal infection of the lips. Do you think it would be okay to just use it on my lips provided that I didn’t swallow it?

Kag

Bumping this. I am really tired of my lips hurting all the time… Anything I can do for this that is natural? Anybody? Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Katie.
    The berberine in the goldenseal is still going to go into the bloodstream since anything rubbed on the body is absorbed into the skin and eventually the bloodstream. Plus, you’re going to lick your lips occasionally. If you want to try it, just be alert for any worsening of the Candida symptoms, and I wouldn’t want to use it for a prolonged period of time.

Of course, the problem isn’t really located on the lips – if this were true, one would be able to rub a strong antifungal on the lips and they would stop hurting after a while because the Candida would be dead, but this isn’t the case. I had the same problem and the pain didn’t go away until the infestation started diminishing to a considerable degree. I probably tried a dozen different products, all to no avail until I realized the problem was inside me, not on my lips. Regular Vaseline seemed to help more than anything else.

If you see no improvements after 24 hours, I would stop using the goldenseal ointment.
    Able

Kag

Thanks Able, I had already pretty much decided against the Golden seal because of the licking thing… I was just trying to find something natural that would be soothing. My acupuncturist doesn’t like me using vaseline all the time, I am trying to use an herbal lip balm she gave me, it is nice, with sesame oil. I just would have liked something that would help with the tightness and pain… I am just really down today. Thank you for answering.

Katie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Goldenseal paste for fungal lips’ is closed to new replies.